News Eels target Bulldogs star: Transfer Whispers

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree we need to move expensive players on to improve our spine. I just don't see options for a decent 7 or 9 before 2023. Mitchell Pearce would be a waste of space in his current form and frequently injured.
I also think whoever plays 7 has to be a better than average goal kicker. If we play Wakeham at 7, then apart from Schoupp who kicked a few times in nsw cup, then we are lacking in that area. Not sure if Burton can kick goals.
We have to get ready now for when the opportunity presents it self, but if there are no changes in the halves I believe this is the order in which they will be selected, 1. Wakeham 2. BBO 3. Averillo 4. Flanagan.
But in reality this all could change for one or another !

Last edited:

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Let him go and let’s get a descent hooker or half… centre’s/ wingers are a dime a dozen

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We have to get ready now for when the opportunity represents it self, but if there are no changes in the halves I believe this is the order in which they will be selected, 1. Wakeham 2. BBO 3. Averillo 4. Flanagan.
I also believe Wakeham is the best half we have of a really poor lot.

I think Averillo or Flanagan in that order will be first choice half unless we can magically find a decent goal kicker somewhere else in the squad. At the moment no one else sticks out as being able to turn 4 into 6 on a regular basis.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
We have to get ready now for when the opportunity represents it self, but if there are no changes in the halves I believe this is the order in which they will be selected, 1. Wakeham 2. BBO 3. Averillo 4. Flanagan.
Averillo is a walk up start are you serious

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I also believe Wakeham is the best half we have of a really poor lot.

I think Averillo or Flanagan in that order will be first choice half unless we can magically find a decent goal kicker somewhere else in the squad. At the moment no one else sticks out as being able to turn 4 into 6 on a regular basis.
Time for Halligan to train a new super kicker I guess :grinning:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Avo and Odo both add value to squad as possible utility bench role. Whoever gets selected to partner Burton better appreciate first crack, and really rip in. I don’t have a preference out of the four, assuming whoever trains the best gets the nod.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not about offloading Corey Allen, it's about "is there another NRL team who is even remotely interested in him" LOL
Corey Allen took over from latrell Mitchell when he did his acl at south’s and was consistently one of their best in a very good south’s side,cotric likewise at the raiders,how can we all be judge and jury,without giving them the opportunity in a good side ?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Avo and Odo both add value to squad as possible utility bench role. Whoever gets selected to partner Burton better appreciate first crack, and really rip in. I don’t have a preference out of the four, assuming whoever trains the best gets the nod.
i think Odo is better suited to hooker, defensively good one on one, great pass and can run from dummy half.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate is that your opinion or is that what you're hearing? Wasn't Wakeham told he could look elsewhere? I can't imagine he'd be 1st option. He would have to be 3rd option at best. Surely it's a shotoout between Avo and BBO

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate is that your opinion or is that what you're hearing? Wasn't Wakeham told he could look elsewhere? I can't imagine he'd be 1st option. He would have to be 3rd option at best. Surely it's a shotoout between Avo and BBO
Thing have changed since Gus arrived
There are reasons why I have the halves in this order
Preseason form will decide who will be the 7

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we trying to move Flanagan on in the off season @D-VOICE ?, i still think there will be movement in our top 30 over the summer

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wakeham was never told to look elsewhere. All bullshit and a stab in the dark.