Dumb Dogs

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Warriors had bigger men in the forwards, an attacking halfback, home advantage, 60% of the ball, with penalties and repeat sets to get them out of trouble, plus an element of luck at times. For us to go down by only 2 points is a good effort from a team that lacks a halfback, and is missing all of its top forwards.

Still a work in progress, but they did not capitulate and let the Warriors run in 20 late points, like they would have last year.

Good signs, and will be better once our big forwards are back.
I'm not dumb like the player's, I know it will take time but FMD we are a dumb team.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Warriors are a bottom 4 side. They have had a couple of lucky wins. We should have wrapped up that game in the first half even if we weren’t playing well. Disappointing. Our attack is trash and defence while good in patches is abysmal when it matters.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Warriors had bigger men in the forwards, an attacking halfback, home advantage, 60% of the ball, with penalties and repeat sets to get them out of trouble, plus an element of luck at times. For us to go down by only 2 points is a good effort from a team that lacks a halfback, and is missing all of its top forwards.

Still a work in progress, but they did not capitulate and let the Warriors run in 20 late points, like they would have last year.

Good signs, and will be better once our big forwards are back.
Good efforts gets us to 12th instead of 14th. It’s not good enough

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We got belted in the middle, none of our forwards bent the line and found their fronts and were being put on their asses in attack.

our only yardage is from Kiraz Alamoti and Perham.

we need pangai back but I don’t think he alone can change things. Our only middle worth keeping is King. Everyone raves about RFM, the amount of dominant tackles he makes and line bending runs finding his front and playing the ball quickly per season can on counted on one hand.

Sutton is a bench forward At best and okonbur is lost in the middle….. even more so than he is on the wing.

and when we do have field position ourhalves cannot do the job. Seriously Flanagan is sofar From first grade quality it beggars the question why we are still persisting with him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We got belted in the middle, none of our forwards bent the line and found their fronts and were being put on their asses in attack.

our only yardage is from Kiraz Alamoti and Perham.

we need pangai back but I don’t think he alone can change things. Our only middle worth keeping is King. Everyone raves about RFM, the amount of dominant tackles he makes and line bending runs finding his front and playing the ball quickly per season can on counted on one hand.

Sutton is a bench forward At best and okonbur is lost in the middle….. even more so than he is on the wing.

and when we do have field position ourhalves cannot do the job. Seriously Flanagan is sofar From first grade quality it beggars the question why we are still persisting with him.
Sutton is one of the softest players, not once has he not been dominated in a tackle.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We are a way smarter side than we were last year, we lose that game by 30 plus last year. Considering we are playing week in week out without a halfback I think we are going well. We have been in the fight three weeks out of four which is pretty good considering the current roster. CC is proving to be a very good coach IMO.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As bad as we were Warriors were technically worse than us... Stay with me lol

Our middle forward injuries have fucked us, our bench only played a combined total of 41mins. That's including Okunbur being forced to play middle and Brown who was forced to play middle and got injured.

Couple that with the fact Warriors got kissed on the fuck with the Niakore HIA, should have went off 10mins earlier than he did. If he went off when he was suppose to I have no doubt he fails the test. Got the luxury of shaking it of going of at HT.

Warriors will celebrate the win like they are actually good, but tbh if I was a Warriors fan, id be embarrassed they didn't put the Dogs away earlier given how much better their middles are.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only going to get worse, we have Knockunbur playing in the middle and now the pride and joy will come into the team. It’s like those prison Gridiorn films where they build a hodge podge team out of whoever they can find

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hard to play well when you get so many bad calls in a game. I was proud of the effort. We have a light pack and no 7. If we are not the dogs we get that obstruction call on the SJ ‘try’ and win the game. Fkn solid effort
I agree uce

Great effort we literally have our starting props and most paid players missing

We copped some shit calls throughout

No excuse they won and we don’t have to wait too long for revenge

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ciro seems to be chipping away and getting us on track as we show glimpses of hope and it’s going to be a long while before we are consistently competitive.

We desperately need grunt up front and TPJ and Thomo aren’t that as they aren’t consistent on the field when they are on it.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree uce

Great effort we literally have our starting props and most paid players missing

We copped some shit calls throughout

No excuse they won and we don’t have to wait too long for revenge
We’ve got 2/4 with a HB who is slightly better than Luke Brooks. I’ll take it, just have to grind out some more results between now and origin.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As bad as we were Warriors were technically worse than us... Stay with me lol

Our middle forward injuries have fucked us, our bench only played a combined total of 41mins. That's including Okunbur being forced to play middle and Brown who was forced to play middle and got injured.

Couple that with the fact Warriors got kissed on the fuck with the Niakore HIA, should have went off 10mins earlier than he did. If he went off when he was suppose to I have no doubt he fails the test. Got the luxury of shaking it of going of at HT.

Warriors will celebrate the win like they are actually good, but tbh if I was a Warriors fan, id be embarrassed they didn't put the Dogs away earlier given how much better their middles are.
That’s why I said any other team would have put 30+ on us, warriors will be happy with the win but can’t be complacent.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ciro seems to be chipping away and getting us on track as we show glimpses of hope and it’s going to be a long while before we are consistently competitive.

We desperately need grunt up front and TPJ and Thomo aren’t that as they aren’t consistent on the field when they are on it.
Thompson has no grunt cannot wait to see the back of him.

TPJ & Pele are the only two who can bring impact from the bench, yet they are extremely unreliable.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not dumb like the player's, I know it will take time but FMD we are a dumb team.
We are lost when we need attacking options in the opposition's half; especially when it's a close game. Our main strike players are easy meat because they are handed the ball in impossible situations.

We have no set plays, and our timing is out. We need a good halfback who can read the game, and set up plays that the players are ready for.

But that will come eventually.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thompson has no grunt cannot wait to see the back of him.

TPJ & Pele are the only two who can bring impact from the bench, yet they are extremely unreliable.
Thomo overpaid and under performer..could get two work horses for his pay.

TPJ is even worse, I have hope for Pele because he’s still young and with the right work could be what we need.

Dogs Rule

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The recruiting has been off too. It’s just random players with no style in mind. None of them can ball play, bought the best hole runner in the comp in Kikau and not a single player has the ability to do it for him
Olapau?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

100% we need grunt but we need a spine and brains that take advantage of that grunt.

Reactions: GHs