Other News Source Dufty to Dogs on 3 year deal

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbur has been out for a while now, have to see how he returns, he seems to be injury prone, he’s quick and brings the ball back but his positional play is lacking, but need to keep him on the park.... don’t think anyone will like it but I’d still say yes to fergo, brings the ball back well, good mates with jac, so I’d say his game would stay the same, last contract so could be cheap
I reckon Okunbour could be that wide running strike back rower we have been looking for.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If they are planning to play Avo there in 2022, he should be getting some experience under his belt this year.
not necessarily we need need him at 6 as we dont have another 6 at the moment. Also it improves his overall game in attack and defence

Reactions: ATT

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Averillo better start working out he's position otherwise I can see him being moved on in 2022 ...
We will eventually lose him imo. Fullback or 14 are the only places I can see him fitting in. Centre is already packed now with Naden, Schoupp, Alomati and Cotric / Allan pending reshuffles

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We will eventually lose him imo. Fullback or 14 are the only places I can see him fitting in. Centre is already packed now with Naden, Schoupp, Alomati and Cotric / Allan pending reshuffles
Spot on, it’s fullback or bust in my opinion. This is unless Flanno fails.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
lewis cant play 6 lmao
Maybe I’m missing the joke bud or we’re not on the same page? If TB is thinking Avo at 1 and Lewis can play at 6 wouldn’t that make sense to give Avo some in-game experience at 1 this year?

Take your point though on playing him in the halves to work on his defence and give him some responsibility in guiding the team around, I just think if the vision is 1 for 2022, play him there in 2021 since it’s turning into an experimental year.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If they are planning to play Avo there in 2022, he should be getting some experience under his belt this year.
Couldn’t agree more. It just seems like a year wasted in his development, playing him in a position he is, barring injury no chance of playing next year. I would be happy to see him replace Hoppa, he can’t do any worse. Having Lewis’s experience in the halves might help Flanagan too.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Averillo better start working out he's position otherwise I can see him being moved on in 2022 ...
Lol oh hell no... Burton and Avo will be the halves if Avo doesnt make a move to FB or centre.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d sign dufty he is miles ahead of anyone we have atm and off contract. Why not?