Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok. Another Fullback

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Would be a good signing if true and he wouldn't cost a tonne. He'd add much needed pace and ball playing from fullback.. I hate three year deals being given to everyone but Dufty is proven and still young enough for it to not be too big a concern..

Still, you'd hope hooker and props were the priority after potentially signing Dufty and/or Naden..

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dragons forum member with good oil from past rumored signings asserts Dufty to Dogs on 3 year deal
For me he is an example of how good Meany could be if he backed himself & really put his body on the line.
Though Meany is probably safer under the high ball.
The problem is they get ragdolled bringing the ball out/back as they are tiny by todays standards for wingers.
As long as it is not a big contract( $450k+) i would be ok with the signing....certainly a step up on what we currently have,
though given DWZ's resurgence, if his yips under the high ball were through, he continued to minimize mistakes, & was prepared to take a cut in $$ when it came time for a new contract that could also work rather than sighing Dufty.....

Malla

Reaction score
For me he is an example of how good Meany could be if he backed himself & really put his body on the line.
Though Meany is probably safer under the high ball.
The problem is they get ragdolled bringing the ball out/back as they are tiny by todays standards for wingers.
As long as it is not a big contract( $450k+) i would be ok with the signing....certainly a step up on what we currently have,
though given DWZ's resurgence, if his yips under the high ball were through, he continued to minimize mistakes, & was prepared to take a cut in $$ when it came time for a new contract that could also work rather than sighing Dufty.....
Meaney does not have the explosiveness and speed off the mark as Dufty, niether is he as agile as Dufty. Where Meaney trumps Dufty is his positional play and defence but I couldn't give 2 fucks about that, we need attack and Dufty offers that.

Dufty is shit with ball in hand tho, which puts more pressure on our halves and further reinforces the need to buy a great hooker.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is zero chance dufty signs anywhere for under 450k.
He'd probably be in the 450-500k range. Anything more is overpaying. If people think that's too much, you'd have to ask who else is out there and how much they'd cost..

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not interested. Dal is going ok at the moment plus Allen, & Averillo as potential options & Meaney for depth. And if we are chasing Papi why would we sign another fullback for 3 years? Need a prop to partner Thommo badly.

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
Not interested. Dal is going ok at the moment plus Allen, & Averillo as potential options & Meaney for depth. And if we are chasing Papi why would we sign another fullback for 3 years? Need a prop to partner Thommo badly.
Oath, Averillo would make a good fullback I reckon

If Dufty below 350k then its low risk investment but people think he wants 500k minimum so he can get fucked lol

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dragons forum member with good oil from past rumored signings asserts Dufty to Dogs on 3 year deal
Had a look on there couldn't find the comment. Seen them talking up Dufty up saying lock him down for the next few years after scoring them tries but then the same people was saying let him go the week after because they lost to the warriors haha.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dufty told my mate this is bullshit but who knows
I really hope we dont sign him
Its like the reverse of the des years
With our coaches
Behind our pack
With our halves and hookers offering him shit passes and late ball
This cunts is going to get mauled lol