Other News Source Dufty to Dogs on 3 year deal

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do we need a midrange FB?? To me thats all he is, i reckon go for Paps or we'll be right as is because i am not sure on this bloke at all, plus what coin will he command?

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do we need a midrange FB?? To me thats all he is, i reckon go for Paps or we'll be right as is because i am not sure on this bloke at all, plus what coin will he command?
Could be wrong, but get the vibe (long-term plan) that FB wont be addressed until next season. Thinking club wants a big fish for the NO1.

Ponga (who has player option with knights for 23 and 24) essentially on the market as well.

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Okunbur has been out for a while now, have to see how he returns, he seems to be injury prone, he’s quick and brings the ball back but his positional play is lacking, but need to keep him on the park.... don’t think anyone will like it but I’d still say yes to fergo, brings the ball back well, good mates with jac, so I’d say his game would stay the same, last contract so could be cheap

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allen in the centres and cotric on the wing.. but we've got enough options amongst that lot.. then add a couple of backups in top 30 and or on development contracts... Meaney/ schoup/ alamoti
Addo carr

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
May be unlikely but Melbourne could and can get outbid not that hard to believe..they don't all stay there and Paps isn't a qlder like all the others were so may well want to live in Sydney somehwere over Mexico...point was have a crack it's better than dying wondering and forget about Dufty for now.Other mid tiers likely available next year if we fail to jag Pappy.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like others, with Naden signed and cap space still needed for a hooker and forwards, I'm happy with one of Addo-Carr, DWZ, Meaney or Averillo to be fullback until they find someone else long term or one of those guys makes the position their own..

Dufty is a good, electric pinball like player in attack but his defence and susceptibility under the high ball has always been an issue so he's probably a luxury we can't or shouldn't afford right now..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure why people are thinking storm would let go of their only fullback who they know is irreplaceable...he’s not going anywhere.
Absolutely agree with you, but sh!t happens. We’ve seen the impossible comings and going’s at our club.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like others, with Naden signed and cap space still needed for a hooker and forwards, I'm happy with one of Addo-Carr, DWZ, Meaney or Averillo to be fullback until they find someone else long term or one of those guys makes the position their own..

Dufty is a good, electric pinball like player in attack but his defence and susceptibility under the high ball has always been an issue so he's probably a luxury we can't or shouldn't afford right now..
In Trent we trust. He’s made good decisions and hasn’t paid overs. We could have gone all in for Staggs, we got Naden. I think Rudolph will be wearing our colours too at a reasonable figure. I don’t think they are seriously looking at Dufty.. Barrett has his sights on a 9, B Smith makes sense.