Dragons to Axe Volkman

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Medicals are to protect the club and not the player. Dragons look dumb for announcing a deal that was registered but that's about it.
But did Volkman know they hadn’t registered the contract? It was already signed, he started training and they publicly announced his signing. Dragons are a fkn shambles. I reckon more on the club than the management.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm not disputing either of those facts. The fact it's a bad look for the dragons was my point.
Well it's worked in their favour this time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But did Volkman know they hadn’t registered the contract? It was already signed, he started training and they publicly announced his signing. Dragons are a fkn shambles. I reckon more on the club than the management.
His management should know, that's what he pays them for.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
St George (minus Illawarra) are pretty much a non entity.
The demise of this once great club has been completely washed over by the NRL because their brand The Dragons, the mighty red V is considered sacrosanct.

They have brought Sele back to the club as their token junior, their administration is in a continuous cycle of dysfunction and a large percentage of their supporter base are in nursing homes or will be soon.

add to that their local competition can’t fill teams and most of the schools in the district don’t play league anymore.

any half decent player will be playing for endeavour sports.

I’m just surprised Illawarra put up with all the bullshit considering their nursery of players and the wealth that region now has!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Na it's on his management, these dudes are making a killing just to send a few emails and they can't even do the basics. Whoever is his manager should be deregistered by the NRL.
His manager is Mario Tartak - Crown Sports Management. He's Addo-Carrs manager also. From what I've seen on socials he's pretty close to his players and seems to treat them well. I guess that's what you do when they are making you coin. But yeah it seems an odd thing to happen from his end.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
St George (minus Illawarra) are pretty much a non entity.
The demise of this once great club has been completely washed over by the NRL because their brand The Dragons, the mighty red V is considered sacrosanct.

They have brought Sele back to the club as their token junior, their administration is in a continuous cycle of dysfunction and a large percentage of their supporter base are in nursing homes or will be soon.

add to that their local competition can’t fill teams and most of the schools in the district don’t play league anymore.

any half decent player will be playing for endeavour sports.

I’m just surprised Illawarra put up with all the bullshit considering their nursery of players and the wealth that region now has!
Amazing isn’t it. Even Mitchell Woods, our most touted junior for some time, played for Penshurst before us. I remember when Renown were a powerhouse. Not sure how they go these days

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bit of a dick move if he gave up a 200-300k contract to go to a team that wanted him only to be shafted. I guess poor on his management to only get him a 12 month contract and poor on the dragons not to just pay him out the year if they in fact don’t. Hopefully they atleast cover his medical bills and rehab. And maybe give him a job doing something at the club.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m sure other players and managers are taking note.
I doubt there’s going to be to many players keen on going to the Dragons after this.

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is where Clint Newtown has to do his job and get involved.
This is all on the dragons, now they are backtracking bad by deleting pictures of Volk. Why would any player go there now, was only a 12 month contract wasn’t it? Remember they signed Flanno snr for his ability to sign players lol

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This poor bro got screwed hard by his shitty management team lmao.

Left a 2 year contract to take up a one year deal for better opportunities however contract wasn’t fully registered and he fails his physical and they cut his contract so he now has no income and a busted shoulder to rehab.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This poor bro got screwed hard by his shitty management team lmao.

Left a 2 year contract to take up a one year deal for better opportunities however contract wasn’t fully registered and he fails his physical and they cut his contract so he now has no income and a busted shoulder to rehab.
The busted shoulder would be covered by the NRL medical insurance as he is still within the 1 year period before the cover expires.

Always a Bulldog

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The busted shoulder would be covered by the NRL medical insurance as he is still within the 1 year period before the cover expires.

Always a Bulldog
Yea, but what about the rehab? He’ll never be able to rehab himself to the level necessary, without access to all the expertise and facilities he’d have at a club.
Poor kid needs a team.