Official Doorey Signs Contract Extension

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He looked ok in limited appearances last year. But it seems like we've got a tonne of second row depth. It'll be a tough task to climb the pecking order.

At this point in time we're all just putting forward who we think should be in the 17. What Barrett will want from his players and the attributes that will earn them selection is yet to be seen. Hopefully Barrett doesn't just go on safety first (read this as the most experienced get first dibs). The game is evolving and so must the game plan. I look at a team like the Roosters and their end to last season and think that they failed to adapt as well as they should to the increasing speed of the game.

I'm hopeful that Barrett comes up with a fairly innovative game plan which may include some surprising selections. The six again rules have changed once again and with that some innovation may offer the chance for numerous players to stake a claim for spots in the 17 based on pace and fitness rather than just being bash and barge type forwards. There will always be a need for intimidating forwards. But a super fit team with decent pace in the forwards might really excel against tiring opponents once the softening up period ends and fatigue begins to set in. It'd be nice if we are a club that identifies the changes in the game and adapts better than anyone.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Elliot, Jackson and Thomson are starters, and Thomson is a prop anyway. Smith, meh, Stimson? Whos that? And Waddell needs to prove himself first. Doorey will be in the team at some point, sooner rather then later.
Thompson has been selected as a prop in the UK. But he played better when he played on the edge.
He runs onto a short ball better than anyone. His talent will be wasted if played as a prop.
Stimson is a quality player. He needs to be fit and he will slot right in.
I'm not knocking Doorey, he is very promising. However he needs time to get a spot.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the many problems with the Dogs during the Hasler and Pay years was the style of play, which seemed limited to "stay in your lane, run hard n tackle" was that players, particularly in lower grades n juniors didnt get much of an opportunity to show their true abilities n skill sets. Iv seen a lot of Doorey in lower grades and apart from one half of in which he was outstanding - he was barely noticed. He was much better when in fg!
Middle forwards have dominated possession, kopefully things have changedand outside backs n edge forwards will have the opportunity to use and develop footy ability

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thompson has been selected as a prop in the UK. But he played better when he played on the edge.
He runs onto a short ball better than anyone. His talent will be wasted if played as a prop.
Stimson is a quality player. He needs to be fit and he will slot right in.
I'm not knocking Doorey, he is very promising. However he needs time to get a spot.
Thomson is a prop. I here what your saying, I just don't agree.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thomson is a prop. I here what your saying, I just don't agree.
He is a prop, but he is a better edge forward. However, due to the lack of quality props in the side,
I suspect he will be rostered as a prop. Even so, I would like him to put himself into the position where he can run onto the ball,
and not be used as a battering ram.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Showed some good promise last season. Another pre season in top company will only help him realise his potential.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He is a prop, but he is a better edge forward. However, due to the lack of quality props in the side,
I suspect he will be rostered as a prop. Even so, I would like him to put himself into the position where he can run onto the ball,
and not be used as a battering ram.
I don't get all these punters saying Thompson is better suited to an edge.
What makes him good is his leg speed thru the middle, put him out wide against Kilauea, Crichton etc and he'd be wasted.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What makes him good is his leg speed thru the middle, put him out wide against Kilauea, Crichton etc and he'd be wasted.
Kilauea

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Play him as a prop and his speed will be wasted. He is to talented to be a battering ram.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

What is the update on this kid? Why have we not thrown him into the squad? Surely he will be a upgrade on Dylan Napa.

Not only I like what I have seen from him he is young and eager to make a name for himself I'm first grade.

We need hunger and torque in the squad. As witnessed last night having Thompson bend the line make a huge difference.

We need to start dropping some of these players skeet skeet.

Please like and reply.

Thanks.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good question. He offers a lot more than Waddell and is in the top 30. Topine getting a run showed the enthusiasm blooding youngsters can bring and Doorey was performing at a similar level to Topine in Reserves. And he added a lot to the team last year when he played..

It seems Barrett has Waddell as his teachers pet but I hope he sees the light and benches him as he's been a liability and is barely a bench player let alone an 80 minute edge player.

Schoupp also needs to be promoted to a top 30 deal so we can fuck Hoppa off out of the centres where he concedes four line breaks a game and moves like a turtle.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fucking excellent, was a little worried we may lose this kid.. can’t wait to see him rip in. Has a bright future I believe, good stuff from the club. And wish him all the best for a future with the mighty blue and white :grinning:!!

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good question. He offers a lot more than Waddell and is in the top 30. Topine getting a run showed the enthusiasm blooding youngsters can bring and Doorey was performing at a similar level to Topine in Reserves. And he added a lot to the team last year when he played..

It seems Barrett has Waddell as his teachers pet but I hope he sees the light and benches him as he's been a liability and is barely a bench player let alone an 80 minute edge player.

Schoupp also needs to be promoted to a top 30 deal so we can fuck Hoppa off out of the centres where he concedes four line breaks a game and moves like a turtle.
Well said.

If we are working for 2022 this is the year he should be easing in our young pups. Trying different combinations ect.

The players who are not going to be here in 2022 should be benched or left right out.

We are going to get the spot anyway so may as well see what diamonds we can find in the rough.

Personally I have no idea how Dietz had not been in the team. Good service and had speed in the game we played.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well said.

If we are working for 2022 this is the year he should be easing in our young pups. Trying different combinations ect.

The players who are not going to be here in 2022 should be benched or left right out.

We are going to get the spot anyway so may as well see what diamonds we can find in the rough.

Personally I have no idea how Dietz had not been in the team. Good service and had speed in the game we played.
Deitz also needs an exemption or to be promoted so that's the delay there.

I think by round 11 we can promote Schoupp without using the top 30 spot but that's six more weeks of Hoppa in the centres making every centre he marks look like Gasnier, Gidley, Lyon and Renouf so I don't know if I can handle six more weeks of the Turtle getting destroyed.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deitz also needs an exemption or to be promoted so that's the delay there.

I think by round 11 we can promote Schoupp without using the top 30 spot but that's six more weeks of Hoppa in the centres making every centre he marks look like Gasnier, Gidley, Lyon and Renouf so I don't know if I can handle six more weeks of the Turtle getting destroyed.

Yikessss