Official Doorey Signs Contract Extension

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Matty Doorey has a huge future at the Dogs. It's unfortunate that JJ isn't a couple years older as I think he might restrict Doorey in playing the role that he does but seems incredibly switched on and has a good crack. 2 tries in 5 games considering some were off the bench is a pretty good strike rate too.
As much as I like the man, and as much as it hurts to say it, I've a feeling that JJ could be a hindrance going forward, unless he can recapture his for of a few years ago. I really wouldn't want him going to the SL or to another club, that's why I suggested playing him at 9, he wouldn't be any worse than our other No.9 options.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s not the 80’s anymore if you’re good enough you’re old enough. Doorey showed last year he was more then up to it. I can’t wait to see him running off some decent ball players one day because he can run some brilliant lines.
He definitely does. He played great outside of Averilo as well. They could be a good combo down the line.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson's deal is an absolute joke, 700k per season lol. He is going to have to lift his game MASSIVELY.
That was a des contract. I’m convinced des was getting kick backs from the players. I’ve never seen good (not great) players get money like they did under des

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you figure he is not NRL ready? He had a great debut, and was solid in all other games played. 2 tries in 5 games is a better strike rate then most players in our top 30 too.
I totally agree with you, and the try's he did score for a big forward to be backing up like that and then to show acceleration like he did was fantastic, I was hoping this kid was going to get signed into the top 30, I actually I mentioned it on other threads on here, anyway I think this kids got a big future & I'm really excited about this.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I totally agree with you, and the try's he did score for a big forward to be backing up like that and then to show acceleration like he did was fantastic, I was hoping this kid was going to get signed into the top 30, I actually I mentioned it on other threads on here, anyway I think this kids got a big future & I'm really excited about this.

Wouldnt call 185cm 100kg big

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Common sense finally on this one. Well done, should have been top 30 already. The kid has promise and I would take him over Napa any day even after just a few games.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as I like the man, and as much as it hurts to say it, I've a feeling that JJ could be a hindrance going forward, unless he can recapture his for of a few years ago. I really wouldn't want him going to the SL or to another club, that's why I suggested playing him at 9, he wouldn't be any worse than our other No.9 options.
Ummm yeah it would be worse than our other No.9 options because I’m not sure if you know this or not ( clearly not ) but JJ isn’t a dummy half whereas the other two options are in fact genuine No.9s. How many players have actually succeeded playing a position they’ve never played?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm yeah it would be worse than our other No.9 options because I’m not sure if you know this or not ( clearly not ) but JJ isn’t a dummy half whereas the other two options are in fact genuine No.9s. How many players have actually succeeded playing a position they’ve never played?
You're probably right, but if he doesn't recapture his old form and keeps going downhill it would be sad for someone who gave so much when we were a basket case and couldn't buy a decent player for love or money.
My thoughts would be to play him for the first 50 or so minutes just to tackle and pass the ball, then bring JMK on for the last 30.
I believe that JMK would be devastating playing such a role.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is the goods. Him and Topine coming through together really reminds me of Jackson and Finucane coming through.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How do you figure he is not NRL ready? He had a great debut, and was solid in all other games played. 2 tries in 5 games is a better strike rate then most players in our top 30 too.
Read it again. I said barely ready. The others like Waddell, Stimson, Elliott, Jackson, Smith, Thompson, are all
in before him. However, he is promising.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Read it again. I said barely ready. The others like Waddell, Stimson, Elliott, Jackson, Smith, Thompson, are all
in before him. However, he is promising.
Elliot, Jackson and Thomson are starters, and Thomson is a prop anyway. Smith, meh, Stimson? Whos that? And Waddell needs to prove himself first. Doorey will be in the team at some point, sooner rather then later.