Official Doorey Signs Contract Extension

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Good news, I was a bit worried we'd lose Doorey. I think RFM into the middle is on the cards either half way through this season or the start of next season.
It has to be... Mariners best spot for the balance of our team is #15 wether people like it or not. Waddell can hold an edge spot easily until Doorey or Topine are ready. In the mean time a middle third rotation of Thompson, Hetherington, Mariner and Atoni is the best we have...because Napa and Ogden are lazy and don't suit what we need going forward

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think Matty Doorey has a huge future at the Dogs. It's unfortunate that JJ isn't a couple years older as I think he might restrict Doorey in playing the role that he does but seems incredibly switched on and has a good crack. 2 tries in 5 games considering some were off the bench is a pretty good strike rate too.
Jackson's deal is an absolute joke, 700k per season lol. He is going to have to lift his game MASSIVELY.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good kid and has a good future. However he is barely NRL ready and his progress will be halted
by players who are NRL ready. His best hope is injuries or poor form by the incumbents.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great news, skies the limit for this kid.
Good kid and has a good future. However he is barely NRL ready and his progress will be halted
by players who are NRL ready. His best hope is injuries or poor form by the incumbents.
How do you figure he is not NRL ready? He had a great debut, and was solid in all other games played. 2 tries in 5 games is a better strike rate then most players in our top 30 too.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is great news. We need to keep building this squad around some of our good young players coming through. It sends a positive message through the ranks that if you work hard, and have talent of course, you will continue to be rewarded. Well done Bulldogs.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do you figure he is not NRL ready? He had a great debut, and was solid in all other games played. 2 tries in 5 games is a better strike rate then most players in our top 30 too.
It’s not the 80’s anymore if you’re good enough you’re old enough. Doorey showed last year he was more then up to it. I can’t wait to see him running off some decent ball players one day because he can run some brilliant lines.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's with us until end of 2023 so the next two years we'll have part of his contract covered by the loyalty exemption right?
Wouldn’t that 700k go down to 500k due to how long he has been at the club ?
If it does then fair work... Rather 500k for 2023 is still a bit much for a broken down benchy.