DOOM BREAK: Quarantine Cooking Thread

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
She'll never go for you. You don't have enough toilet paper. Blue Boost on the other hand...
Well if that's her thing, she's in luck. I'm jacked! On record being jacked too!

1CF224BA-1402-4578-995B-9908DD09AB7C.jpeg

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Are there any good ones we can get here from the supermarket? Is blue cheese sauce the same as buffalo wings sauce? Have only tried buffalo wings once and they were pretty tasty.
Australia has fuck all blue cheese dressing bro, I've looked far and wide.

Yeah you're right, the buffalo wing sauce is blue cheese 9 times out of 10.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have about 20 different spagbol recipes. Just depends what I feel like at the time. For a fresh, clean one I like to go the blend of fresh herbs and tomatoes, including garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, chives and bay leaves. A few other small things like a bit of worchestershire sauce, but the rest is just the fresh stuff. Then there's the more indulgent ones with extra worchestershire sauce, mushrooms, sugar, mustard, soy sauce.

Of course each recipe has many other ingredients but that's just a sample of the stuff I like doing with spagbol. It's probably my favourite dish of all time. But I can't cook it too often as I love it too much and can't stop eating it. Seriously. I gain 5 Kgs in one night eating spagbol and there's no regrets.
Spag bol sauce is all about time. You can’t fuck it up if you use fresh ingredients and reduce it for a couple of hours.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
he's the funniest ..person

This was awesome

They hated being put in their place. Fucking squawking while he's trying to explain what he is making. The chick in the pink/purple seems like a mole making her remarks.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
She's an absolute pest. I'd love to see something similar occur on one of our morning shows

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Depends on the cooking style. There's lots of them. Foie Gras is definitely a big one. And Truffles too, especially recently. Sure, they're good (acquired taste), but adding them to everything is ridiculous.

There's many other ones though. Fine dining in general is shit. There is a place for it but only if it's to make an absolute taste experience. Most fine dining dishes you try are crap. It's your usual stuff in small portions.

There's this other big drive you see which I call the "Master Chef Drive". It's where you go to a restaurant and look a the menu and the whole menu is a wank. It's "Duck confit with zucchini flowers and salt of the peak of everest". Then you eat it and everyone around you says, "Yes, I can really taste the dead bodies from the peak of everest" and you say, "Fuck off. It's salt and butter. That's all you're tasting. Salt and fucking butter"

There's so much wanky bullshit out there
I've never really thought highly of food that's been named in an overly flowery way. Modern cooking shows have probably convinced a lot of restaurants that you can charge more if you apply a fancy name. And I also couldn't care less if the food isn't artistically presented which is the other big thing that modern cooking shows seem to think enhances a dining experience.

I've eaten that in Singapoore. Tasty stuff.