Dolphins proves coaching is everything

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
3 International forwards (and all from a club with a huge winning mentality) and an Origin forward in their starting pack - it helps…
Stop it bro.. everyone wrote this team and Bennett off for not signing any or the “Marque” players in the market. The talk was journey men and signing on for a pay cheque, Bennett retirement fund etc etc.

Skelator gave them all the bird. It might be round 1 and maybe thier depth will cost them. But they won’t get the spoon and they just beat just about every so called tipsters favourite to win the premiership.

Bennett> all the other coaches.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Any team can beat any team if they’re revved up and the other team is a little off.
im sure the dolphins are going to be as shit as we all think they are, over the course of a long season.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not just about forwards. Bennett was never solely a forwards man.

He's a man that values putting points on when you're suppose to. He values defence, but what he demands is scoring points once you get the right field position.

All his winning teams had the same DNA.
But it all starts with the pigs .... always has always will.

Hard to score points without the big boys going forward.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This [emoji115]… Ciraldo isn’t the players best buddy assistant anymore, that role needs to be passed onto Chad Randell & Potter. I’m behind CC to become a very good coach but if he doesn’t draw a line in the sand between player and head coach quickly and find his mongrel he will become Barrett 2.0.

Bennett is a father figure but every player knows who’s boss and to not cross him, aka Milford.

The Ciraldo good guy doesn’t fill me with confidence, I’d prefer players to be saying he’s a hard bastard and be scared of him.

If Gus & Ciraldo also think they can duplicate here the mobile forward pack that the Panthers have they’re mistaken, our culture is built on a big intimidating aggressive pack, if they want to win they need to bring this back as soon ASAP.
The way Cirlado was livid and calling it as it is in the presser gives me some confidence that he's realised he has to put a line in the sand asap! Lets hope he does! I mean at the end of the day its his job on the line lol. He doesnt he gets sacked we move on and repeat. Eventually we will find someone right? Im backing him to step up... right? (Yeh ive got trust issues i know lol)

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tigers sucking vs Titans does help ease the pain though. Gotta love how shit shitstaines is lol so glad we dodged that bullet.
If we signed Staines and missed out on Fox we would have had literally nothing to cheer last year

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Milford had a shit preseason and was shit in the trials, The coach and the captain come out in the media and say “not good enough shape up or fuck off” that’s how you set standards and culture in a football team. No dick pulling No hand ringing do your job or fuck off.
Clint knows his shit.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Our middles are too light. Hopefully TPJ makes a difference.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excuses? ... Excuses are for the weak.
Exactly. Im sick of this bullshit every year. Blaming refs blaming lack of players blaming coaches. Burton is a prime example of someone who needs to be fucked off asap if he keeps playing like his shit doesn't stink.

Honestly enough is enough.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m not going to write off Ciro yet, he deserves the benefit of the doubt and making hard calls and changes will earn more respect.

If he doesn’t than he’s asking for it even if he thinks there are no better options. I don’t expect him to make changes for R2 though as it may have been a off game in his eyes.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were no chance of signing Bennett or Bellamy, only two coaches with enough of experience to get us out of this hole, so we take a chance on a rookie who one day may become a great coach, its a risk but on the other hand who else would of we signed.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon this thread will age poorly bro.
Wouldn’t be the first time :-).

In addressing the issue though to me RL is not that complex a game. Look at the Fins today: they had more possession, they completed well, they ran further including post contact and they wore the Cocks down. NONE of which the Dogs did yesterday. Do the simple things right and the results will follow.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Dolphins win today just rams home the biggest most important philosophy that exists in Rugby League as I mentioned yesterday

FORWARDS WIN GAMES AND THE BACKS DECIDE BY HOW MUCH!!!

You can have all the bells and whistles in the back line, but if your forwards don't aim up.... forget about it.

Side Note :
This current Roosters team is a team of champions, not yet and may never be a champion team.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions!!!

Last edited: