Dolphins proves coaching is everything

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not just about forwards. Bennett was never solely a forwards man.

He's a man that values putting points on when you're suppose to. He values defence, but what he demands is scoring points once you get the right field position.

All his winning teams had the same DNA.
All coaches follow the same philosophy..

Bennett loves aggressive forwards who dominate and get you to those points. He has 5 VERY experienced forwards to hit points, know when and where to run and how to tackle/wrestle

We have Sutton... Max King is still relatively young.

The rest are nobodies...

If anybody asks why we are not better than the Dolphins. There is your answer.

J_Cooper

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What annoys me the most is the people on here that continue to find excuses for the team or “little positives” honestly fuck that. Have a look at some of the players in our squad and where they’ve come from. It makes me wonder what Ciraldo has done with the team all off season, and spare me with the “it’s only round one” seriously it’s embarassing and beyond a joke now. Kikau playing the ball like he’s got all the time in the world and doesn’t want to be on the field. Burton didn’t even look like Burton yesterday. Fox non existent. We’ve been “building” for so long now and I’m sick of the excuses. You just have to look at what dolphins done today to show you that something is seriously wrong at our club. It’s like we are cursed!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
After watching the tigers today,we were easily by a big margin the worst performing team this round, we are the only team that played that didn’t fire a shot. We are the only side that wasn’t in the fight round one. Let that sink in.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be the first time :-).

In addressing the issue though to me RL is not that complex a game. Look at the Fins today: they had more possession, they completed well, they ran further including post contact and they wore the Cocks down. NONE of which the Dogs did yesterday. Do the simple things right and the results will follow.
Totally agree mate. Round one though bit premature to make a thread like this in my opinion but I guess the kennel is a free world.

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No haka or Lebanese drums is going to fix performance on field. No half no fullback what do you expect.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Their forward pack played the way we use to play in the early 2000s just relentless. Made our forwards look even more like powderpuffs we need a few hard *****.. king is good but isn’t dominant. He’s literally an alter boy ffs

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dolphins have props and a experienced pack a decent halfback. We had 3 debutants no halfback and no props

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dolphins prove having a real pack of forwards who aren’t afraid of contact and a creative set of halves is everything.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Football isn't rocket science. However, our club makes it look like it is. Between Panther systems, attacking & defense gurus I've heard it all now.

Go out and scout a coach with a win percentage of around 50% and sign forwards who aren't powder puffs.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stupid thread.

Have you forgotten who coaches the losing side?

They lost Rd.1 in 2018 to the Tigers and went on to win the premiership. Twice. In a row.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kudos to him.
He just understands how to prepare a team.

I was surprised he didn't lose his cool when they failed to land 3 or 4 marquee targets. He just knuckled does with what he had, made a huge call to drop the milf, and set a standard.. great coaching. Masterful really.
Relax a little. How did it work out at the knights for him? Let’s give it a few more games before singing his praises

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
17 new players for the Dolphin! Hopefully the dogs don't trot out their usual bylines that it will take time because of some many new players. Kudos to JMK for a great game. Also Katoa was impressive in his first game. Made a few mistakes but still kept wanting the ball.
Obviously 17 new players… however don’t let the fact that half their forward pack played together at storm and half their back line has played together at Broncos get in the way of a good story

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dolphins have props and a experienced pack a decent halfback. We had 3 debutants no halfback and no props
Add to that the Roosters had their main prop and starting backrow out.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Relax a little. How did it work out at the knights for him? Let’s give it a few more games before singing his praises
Come on champ everyone knows Knight's dramas was down to their front office, Tinkler etc not being able to pay players and deliver on his promises.

Bennett was the last coach to get them to a semi or pre-lim final. 2013 was their last good season and he was coach.

He used the exact same formula, he signed a lot of experienced guys for their forward pack. Willie Mason & Jeremy Smith are two off the top of my head.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Totally agree mate. Round one though bit premature to make a thread like this in my opinion but I guess the kennel is a free world.
Hence my comment that it wouldn’t be the first time one of old mates threads aged like milk :-).

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm not knocking the Dolphins, they were great today. However they won't be able to ride on emotion and effort like that every week. Playing their first every game is a special occasion.

Here's hoping they continue to suprise a few teams, I'm actually looking forward to their game next week against Canberra and their forwards with Papalii likely back.

Last edited:

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So many negative experts on here. Glad they aren't running the club or we'd be paying out Ciraldo already.
Calm down people we have quality in our roster give it some time. We will rise, Burton and Kikau will be a big part of that.
I fail to see the point of death riding players and staff on here when it will have no effect on any decision making. Perhaps it's an ego thing.