News Dogs Stick With Hutchinson Despite Mounting Pressure

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ciraldo does has that working in his favour (for now), but we're going to need to see improvement with his selections and rotations if he is going to make it long term.
We don’t have to ‘see’ boo mate.
Ciraldo has strong support from the highest levels at the club and that’s all that matters.

Yes, we’d ‘like’ to see more wins, but don’t think the ‘fans’ can influence anything - they can’t.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We all do, that's life.
The thing is, it's easy for media identities and arm chair coaches to bang on about who should be playing,
But outsiders don't have to live with the consequences.
The coach does
And he has Sexton in nsw cup for a reason.
But he can't just chop and change halfbacks every week.
He has to give them a chance to work on their game.

Fact is Sexton and Hutch are both nsw cup level halves at best.

Neither will win us games
So Cc is fucked no matter what he does.

Only dumb ***** can't see that.
Yeah I understand that but Hutchinson is a hog and is playing like a 5/8, he isn’t creating anything. We might as well just put taaffe at 7 or Kurt Mann.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't understand this narrative on the Kennel about players picked to "babysit" Burton or halves partners that he's burned through.

You can say Burton is overrated, has underachieved, hasn't developed his game or isn't a half and people can't really argue as he hasn't played well enough.

But don't tell me it's his fault that players like Flanagan, Averillo, Sexton and Hutchinson who aren't quality FG halfbacks are signed and used there and haven't worked out. It's because they were shit or average in the first place.. Do people realise we have to name a squad of 17 every week and have to select a halfback?

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton is untouchable in all this. They have built this whole team around him, even getting his Panthers boys on his edge and he still can't fire up.

He puts pressure on the 7 and all the players around him by his low involvement and poor choices when he does decide to do something.

His kicks on the 5th tackle are too deep most of the time and never give our players a chance to attack the ball.

Him and Mahoney need to step up big time, because otherwise it's gonna be a long season.

Sent from my SM-A736B using Tapatalk

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't understand this narrative on the Kennel about players picked to "babysit" Burton or halves partners that he's burned through.

You can say Burton is overrated, has underachieved, hasn't developed his game or isn't a half and people can't really argue as he hasn't played well enough.

But don't tell me it's his fault that players like Flanagan, Averillo, Sexton and Hutchinson who aren't quality FG halfbacks are signed and used there and haven't worked out. It's because they were shit or average in the first place.. Do people realise we have to name a squad of 17 every week and have to select a halfback?
Flanagan 100% was a scapegoat for Burton and his deficiencies as an 'organising half'

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flanagan 100% was a scapegoat for Burton and his deficiencies as an 'organising half'
Or Flanagan is just complete shit and only has a FG spot how because his dad coaches Saints. Do you honestly think if Burton wasn't at the club that Flanagan would have been a great half? It's Burton's fault that Burton isn't playing better. It's not Burton's fault that Flanagan was shit to begin with and is still shit.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Or Flanagan is just complete shit and only has a FG spot how because his dad coaches Saints. Do you honestly think if Burton wasn't at the club that Flanagan would have been a great half? It's Burton's fault that Burton isn't playing better. It's not Burton's fault that Flanagan was shit to begin with and is still shit.
Nope Flanagan is only a great defender that's it and I'm not saying he's a good half. What I am saying is that Flanagan copped all the shit, while Burton being on big money and stating he wanted to run the team and be a leader of the club escaped any criticism.

Sadly Flanno has more tries and try assists than Burton so far this year though... Again not saying he's better, just highlights were Burton is at.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one thing bout this fuckin guinea Ciraldo is. He a fuckin stubborn c__t hair with his selections sometimes and won't make fuckin changes till mid season and its too fuckin late
I agree, set it all along. Coach is too stubborn to make the change when it is needed, rather than being loyal needs to be biting the bullet.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is untouchable in all this. They have built this whole team around him, even getting his Panthers boys on his edge and he still can't fire up.

He puts pressure on the 7 and all the players around him by his low involvement and poor choices when he does decide to do something.

His kicks on the 5th tackle are too deep most of the time and never give our players a chance to attack the ball.

Him and Mahoney need to step up big time, because otherwise it's gonna be a long season.

Sent from my SM-A736B using Tapatalk
Burton’s roll in the side is the reason everyone else is having to move around.

Hutch is in the side for defence. Bringing Sexton or Taaffe into halfback leaves us defensively vulnerable in the halves with Burton a weak defender also.

Surely it’s time we play our best possible team and stop trying to make a team around an ideal.

The other issue with Hutch & Burto that doesn’t get mentioned is they are both lefties that play left best.

Hutch moves to 6. Burton to centre. Give Critta a run at 1. Move Taaffe to 7. This will play each players strengths without even changing the starting lineup. Points will flow better.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nope Flanagan is only a great defender that's it and I'm not saying he's a good half. What I am saying is that Flanagan copped all the shit, while Burton being on big money and stating he wanted to run the team and be a leader of the club escaped any criticism.

Sadly Flanno has more tries and try assists than Burton so far this year though... Again not saying he's better, just highlights were Burton is at.
Most of the fanbase has been hating on Burton for years and the media have been questioning whether he's a half or not for over a year or more.

Again, I'm not defending Burton as he deserves criticism. I'm just saying he cops plenty of it and the other halves that partner him get exposed for how bad they are because they're not FG material and were stop gap solutions.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We don’t have to ‘see’ boo mate.
Ciraldo has strong support from the highest levels at the club and that’s all that matters.

Yes, we’d ‘like’ to see more wins, but don’t think the ‘fans’ can influence anything - they can’t.
@DinkumDog 1,000,000% this

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We all do, that's life.
The thing is, it's easy for media identities and arm chair coaches to bang on about who should be playing,
But outsiders don't have to live with the consequences.
The coach does
And he has Sexton in nsw cup for a reason.
But he can't just chop and change halfbacks every week.
He has to give them a chance to work on their game.

Fact is Sexton and Hutch are both nsw cup level halves at best.

Neither will win us games
So Cc is fucked no matter what he does.

Only dumb ***** can't see that.
The problem coaches find themselves in is that they need to win now. Like right now because they know if they finish bottom 4 they will probably get the sack.

Versus the needs of the club which is to be successful long term.

So for example if Critter plays fullback it'll probably take him at least half a season to adjust to the role and by that stage the season will be gone.

Also if Skelton gets time in first grade - They say he's not ready, but at some stage you just gotta chuck them in and see if they adapt. He has all the attributes to be like a Semi Radrada for us but just needs to be given time in grade. Even if he drops some balls and makes some mistakes in the short term.

Same thing happened with Trent Barrett where we were all begging for changes and he wouldn't do because he thought it would upset team chemistry, defensive combinations and affect our ability to win in the short term.

Then of course he was sacked and Mick Potter came in and made some changes and we started looking competitive. Which to be fair, we haven't looked any better since CC took over

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hutch is a good depth player if innury strikes or bench utility .. not a weekly starting NRL level 7.. no other NRL club would recruit him as their starting 7..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At this stage we have the cattle to be competitive IMO. If Ciraldo can't get us towards mid table by the end of the year I'll be hoping he's moved on. But despite the football pedigree of many commentators and reporters calling for Hutchison to make way, I'd be pretty sad if CC is basing his selection criteria on outside noise.

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think the issue with hutcho is that he has played in the forwards at the roosters for so long that his natural game when push comes to shove turned into a forward rather than a half.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all honesty Hutchinson would be perfect where he is only if he had a bit more inner core strength and a little faster,cudos to the guy he takes the line on ,Burton needs to pull his finger out and run more