DFLWatto

Kennel Established
Reaction score
“even Phil Rothfield singled Hutchison in his column”

lmao funniest line

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with CC selections. Dropping a half doesn’t necessarily fix the problems - look at Knights.
Hutch has created opportunities, near opportunities but either doesn’t have the pace or is not backed up. He’s a goer and I haven’t minded him playing halfback. Sexton is not the answer. Hutch isn’t the long term answer either but for now he’s probably the best we have ready for the NRL.

As some have said, Burton needs to step up and support him. In all honesty, Burton should be getting more ball so he can run, kick or pass to the superstars around him. Burton goes MIA and this is the problem. When we were in their end zone Mahoney should have stopped dancing around the spot and have given Burton quick ball, regardless of if Burton is calling for it.

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Although the Raiders apparently have Ethan Sanders in their sights (even tho they have 3 x halves already), why don't we swoop in with a huge offer for him? be aggressive.. offer him 450-500k a year for 3 years.. hes like 19-20 yo... its worth it

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 try assist in 4 games for Hutchinson, I think anyone can take his spot.
I think thats BS.
He was involved in both tries in the Parra game alone.

Whoever puts these stats together picks and chooses who the "try assist" goes to. If Taaffe throws the final pass, they probably credit him but fail to recognise that Hutch gave the money ball to Taaffe.

If you've watched all our 4 games, you'd probably know that Hutch has been involved in just about all our team tries. Its onoy the individual efforts that he probably hasnt had a hand on.

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
CLUELESS! We haven’t looked any better? We were getting pumped week in and week out last year because we couldn’t defend, every game so far this season we’ve been a chance of winning because our defence hold up!
We are clunky in attack 4 weeks into a long season, we need time to adjust to a brand new offence.
When we were under Potter we finished the season mid table. At 12th if I remember correctly. So yeah we looked better! Dunno how you judge a team but last time I checked winning games is kinda important. But maybe I'm clueless and there's more to it! Lol

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s exactly the point… we’re burning through partners with burton as we have not had a organising halfback to steer the team and allow burton to focus on the heads up footy. Trust me if we had someone like cooper Cronk who went to roosters and did exactly what Adam Reynolds is doing now, it allowed the other players such as Luke Leary and Ezra mam to play heads up footy. We haven’t had a decent halfback since hodkingson or noddy days. That says a lot about

1. Players available on the market
2. Juniors nursery
I have to agree with Brent Reed here and say, good half backs have come onto the market, but we chose to not pay them.

We somehow value money spent on non-spine positions and then cry foul when the cheaper propsect we bought, cant do the job.

You cant have your cake and eat it.

I also agree with Riccio in that we have paid big bucks on Burton who hasnt produced near enough of what we needed or expected. Blowtorch should be on him.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton’s roll in the side is the reason everyone else is having to move around.

Hutch is in the side for defence. Bringing Sexton or Taaffe into halfback leaves us defensively vulnerable in the halves with Burton a weak defender also.

Surely it’s time we play our best possible team and stop trying to make a team around an ideal.

The other issue with Hutch & Burto that doesn’t get mentioned is they are both lefties that play left best.

Hutch moves to 6. Burton to centre. Give Critta a run at 1. Move Taaffe to 7. This will play each players strengths without even changing the starting lineup. Points will flow better.
I wouldnt mind seeing this at some stage...
I defintely think Hutch to 6 and Burton to centre is a wise move. Hutch and Sexxy or Hutch and Taaffe in the halves would unlock most key players in the team including Kikau, Burton, Critta and whoever the FB is.

The persistence with Burton at 5/8th will be frowned upon in years to come, as an unnecessary delay in us becoming a force again.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutch is a good depth player if innury strikes or bench utility .. not a weekly starting NRL level 7.. no other NRL club would recruit him as their starting 7..
Thats coz most other clubs would pay 1M for their halfback and wouldnt even look at guys like Hutch unless they are already spending 1M on their 5/8th.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only if he is the person actually selecting the side? Some with inside knowledge have stated this might not be entirely the case.
Who is this inside knowledge you speak of, are you believing Polly want a cracker.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think thats BS.
He was involved in both tries in the Parra game alone.

Whoever puts these stats together picks and chooses who the "try assist" goes to. If Taaffe throws the final pass, they probably credit him but fail to recognise that Hutch gave the money ball to Taaffe.

If you've watched all our 4 games, you'd probably know that Hutch has been involved in just about all our team tries. Its onoy the individual efforts that he probably hasnt had a hand on.
His a hog how many times was there a chance out wide and he dummies and runs himself.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
So some rejects are OK but not all Polly?
That would be consistent with you being critical of letting go Alamoti who can’t crack the 17 at Penrith and Waddell who can’t make the starting side at Manly?
And @Fannygun (cant tag him?) shit-canning Curran as a reject because the Warriors didn't want him

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Old grandad Hutch…. Reminds so much of Uncle Arthur the way he moved around the field

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And @Fannygun (cant tag him?) shit-canning Curran as a reject because the Warriors didn't want him
Every player we signed for this year bar Critta were not part of their clubs top 13 and not part of their future plans. Their clubs made zero effort to keep them. However of all the rejects from other clubs Gus has signed 3 of them have done very well Curran, Mann and Tracey. We do gamble way too much on signing rejects hoping they come good. It's too much rolling of the dice. 3 are coming off. The rest are still rejects.