Official Dogs snare Kikau in major signing coup

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was concerned about his 7 missed tackles in the trial and his bad defence throughout his career, but he forced about 30 missed tackles tonight with his runs and offloads so when he plays like that you can forgive some sloppy defence.
Trial form...

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vintage Kikau tonight. Lets see if he can continue that form across multiple games though.

Anybody hear this afternoon on Talkin' Sport about a possible swap. Some Shane guy called and said that he had info that there will be a swap between the Dogs and Raiders for Sutton and when Hughes asked swap for who, he said that he doesn't know but it's on the cards for an immediate swap this year due to Sutton's wife having a go at Sticky on social media that her husband wasn't picked for 1st grade.
I think you'll find Shane got his info from here: https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/massive-news.122663/

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sutton is a middle. He can play edge if there are injuries but he's definitely mainly a prop or lock.
Yes more likely Kikau & Hetho in second row (RFM if we ever get him back) and Sutton from bench to rotate with TPJ/ Vaughan.

Very exciting.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kikau is a menace in defence when he's on. Belted Saab all night from those kicks and continually pressured DCE when the ball came right.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their front rowers & lock will be better than ours, hookers pretty even, same with 2nd row so I would give it to the clocks..
Vaughan and TPJ would have to be better than JWH + Collins. Kikau is the best backrower of the 4. Hookers would be even and yes I agree Radley shades Jacko

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which forward pack in 2023 do you think will be better - the Roosters or ours ? I'd say ours.

8 JWH
9 Brandon Smith
10 Lindsay Collins
11 Sitili Tupouniua
12 Angus Crichton
13 Victor Radley

8 Paul Vaughan
9 Reed Mahoney
10 TPJ
11 Viliame Kikau
12 Ryan Sutton
13 Josh Jackson
Sutton isn't a backrower he is a front row that can play lock he hasn't played there even when playing for Wigan it was at prop or lock or of the bench

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kikau has been dominant tonight breaking tackles and offloading at will and attracting three and four defenders. Manly can't handle him.

I had my concerns about his consistency and price tag but if he plays like this regularly, he'll be worth it because when he does, he's one of the most destructive forwards and unstoppable in the comp.
This and his decoy value makes him worth it I reckon. Plus the fact we haven't had a strike second rower since Tank

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vaughan and TPJ would have to be better than JWH + Collins. Kikau is the best backrower of the 4. Hookers would be even and yes I agree Radley shades Jacko
Have to agree to disagree re the front row. Collins was one of the best props in the comp last year until injured & has been projecting up for a couple of seasons. JWH has been probably the best prop over the last 10 years, TPJ has never put 2 good games in a row, let alone a season. Vaughn is solid but certainly not at the level of either of the cocks.
2nd row probably agree with Kikau tipping those in our direction….

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Have to agree to disagree re the front row. Collins was one of the best props in the comp last year until injured & has been projecting up for a couple of seasons. JWH has been probably the best prop over the last 10 years, TPJ has never put 2 good games in a row, let alone a season. Vaughn is solid but certainly not at the level of either of the cocks.
2nd row probably agree with Kikau tipping those in our direction….
Angus Chrichton was the best 2nd rower in the comp last year and one of the first picked forwards for NSW. Kikau was better in 2020. Radley slots straight into the NSW team if Yeo is injured, Sitili is under rated, Jackson doesn’t even get a start in their pack.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Which forward pack in 2023 do you think will be better - the Roosters or ours ? I'd say ours.

8 JWH
9 Brandon Smith
10 Lindsay Collins
11 Sitili Tupouniua
12 Angus Crichton
13 Victor Radley

8 Paul Vaughan
9 Reed Mahoney
10 TPJ
11 Viliame Kikau
12 Ryan Sutton
13 Josh Jackson
Chooks

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep was beast. In supercoach the highest scoring player on both sides. Read articles during the week implying he might turn off this year now hes coming here, because he was "lethargic" in the trials. Definitely didnt see a second of lethargy in his game today.
And I switched him out last min for TPJ [emoji23]

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody hear this afternoon on Talkin' Sport about a possible swap. Some Shane guy called and said that he had info that there will be a swap between the Dogs and Raiders for Sutton and when Hughes asked swap for who, he said that he doesn't know but it's on the cards for an immediate swap this year due to Sutton's wife having a go at Sticky on social media that her husband wasn't picked for 1st grade.
@Flanagun reckons Schoupp and Allen in return for Sutton

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their front rowers & lock will be better than ours, hookers pretty even, same with 2nd row so I would give it to the clocks..
to be honest theirs is still better. Id love to have Tuponiua in blue & white. Plus they've got a hard running ball player in Radley, we've got an over the hill overpaid Jackson

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

8 JWH
9 Brandon Smith
10 Lindsay Collins
11 Sitili Tupouniua
12 Angus Crichton
13 Victor Radley

8 Paul Vaughan
9 Reed Mahoney
10 TPJ
11 Viliame Kikau
12 Ryan Sutton
13 Josh Jackson
interesting you left Thompson out

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

8 JWH
9 Brandon Smith
10 Lindsay Collins
11 Sitili Tupouniua
12 Angus Crichton
13 Victor Radley

8 Paul Vaughan
9 Reed Mahoney
10 TPJ
11 Viliame Kikau
12 Jack Hetherington
Ryan Sutton
How about this instead Brad?
Unpopular opinion to some i know but I'd have Sutton at 13? (Sorry Josh)and whose to say badboy Jack Hetherington can't have a good year on an edge? Not a given but I think(hope also)he goes super well there.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Angus Chrichton was the best 2nd rower in the comp last year and one of the first picked forwards for NSW. Kikau was better in 2020. Radley slots straight into the NSW team if Yeo is injured, Sitili is under rated, Jackson doesn’t even get a start in their pack.
Not only this but we can’t even decide if half of our pack are props or second rowers lol

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sutton isn't a backrower he is a front row that can play lock he hasn't played there even when playing for Wigan it was at prop or lock or of the bench
Sorry I thought he was an edge. Probably a direct replacement for Thompson then. Although Jacko is very average in attack we need someone to make a lot of tackles every week and particularly clean up stuff and he fills that role

8 Vaughan
9 Mahoney
10 Sutton
11 TPJ
12 Kikau
13 Jackson