Official Dogs snare Kikau in major signing coup

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was concerned about his 7 missed tackles in the trial and his bad defence throughout his career, but he forced about 30 missed tackles tonight with his runs and offloads so when he plays like that you can forgive some sloppy defence.
The trial was in bad weather, and they got pumped!!! I think they just treated it as a trial run tbh. Didnt put their bodies on the line to risk injury, and subsequently got pumped.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The trial was in bad weather, and they got pumped!!! I think they just treated it as a trial run tbh. Didnt put their bodies on the line to risk injury, and subsequently got pumped.
That plus almost no players were competing for positions, the team was settled, there was nothing for any player to gain by going full tilt. For them a trial was simply to brush off the cobwebs.

Always a Bulldog

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That plus almost no players were competing for positions, the team was settled, there was nothing for any player to gain by going full tilt. For them a trial was simply to brush off the cobwebs.

Always a Bulldog
Exactly.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I thought he was an edge. Probably a direct replacement for Thompson then. Although Jacko is very average in attack we need someone to make a lot of tackles every week and particularly clean up stuff and he fills that role

8 Vaughan
9 Mahoney
10 Sutton
11 TPJ
12 Kikau
13 Jackson
All good

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His Stats round 1 for completeness:
57 mins 14 runs for 135m 61PCM 1 LBA 1 TA 4 TBs 3 offloads 20 tackles (3 missed, 0 ineffective). 1x 10m kick (Grubber) that wasn't terrible.
Also key - 0 Penalties conceded 0 ruck infringements. This is with Morgan Harper against him all game trying to stir shit up every single tackle/ ruck.
The more games against the top sides Harper has, the more I'm thankful we let him walk and can't believe other clubs sink the boot into us for letting him go.
O'Sullivan is another one we should never have let go of. Was at the Bulldogs House with Mahoney.

Cannot wait for Kikau to come over and move TPJ into a dedicated middle.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Didn't the whole Kennel have a meltdown when he left us?
As he was better than what we had yes. But hindsight is a wonderful thing

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone see Vili's 100th game jersey presentation? It's on YouTube. It's emotional. They flew his brother and other family members in from Fiji to surprise him. Some of the stuff he said leaves a bitter taste, knowing he's signed with us.