News Dogs hook into player market

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How can we trust Dean Pay when this was his first action when signing for us?
Half the posters on the kennel jizzed about those three games and blamed Hasler for stifling his game. He fooled plenty of people.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Half the posters on the kennel jizzed about those three games and blamed Hasler for stifling his game. He fooled plenty of people.
The problem I have is if he can do it in 3 games then he can do it in every game (well, not every game but at least most games). It's not like he's talentless, I don't see any regular injury issues cropping up, so it must be application. For some reason he doesn't want to do it and if he continues on that way he'll find it difficult to get another NRL gig, at least one that pays well anyway.

For completely different reasons, but much like Foran, this is a make or break season for him and I hope he realises it.

Go Dogs

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dont be surprised if Lichaa has a breakout season. He was instructed to be a tackling machine by the previous coach.
He did not attempt any creativity for fear of being dropped..
He has been given more freedom from Dean Pay. Pretty sure he will surprise a lot of people.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
we need a hooker, a decent prop, a half, a centre, a winger and a ball playing fullback

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont be surprised if Lichaa has a breakout season. He was instructed to be a tackling machine by the previous coach.
He did not attempt any creativity for fear of being dropped..
He has been given more freedom from Dean Pay. Pretty sure he will surprise a lot of people.
So what happened last year?
Your post may have been relevant a year ago mate, but did SFA with the ball last year with his creativity

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no way we will get the spoon in 2019 because I truly think we have a cohesive squad with nothing to lose & that will cause upsets against superior rosters. Our roster is the main issue and obviously salary cap has prohibited us going out into the market. If I critically review our roster my top 5 to depart Belmore would be; 1. Foran, 2. Lichaa, 3. Olive, 4. Tualau & 5. Fualalo. Brown & Montoya would be close behind. In my opinion all have been given ample opportunity to show their talent, fix their bodies & correct their flaws and none of them have taken that opportunity. We also have a lot of young kids in our top 30. My message to them is to get out there and kill it ... don't squander the privilege of playing NRL & in particular playing in the Blue & White.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
2019 will be Lichaa's best season.. he's looking the fittest he has since debuting and is training well

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2019 will be Lichaa's best season.. he's looking the fittest he has since debuting and is training well
He needs it to be. Opportunities don't present themselves for players that only have 4 good games in a two year period particularly when 3 of those games are when you are without a contract or offers. Like twin turbo and Teddy bear have mentioned, if he's capable of producing the goods when to save his sinking career, but not before his career is under threat it's an effort issue. Not worth persisting with that type of player.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He needs it to be. Opportunities don't present themselves for players that only have 4 good games in a two year period particularly when 3 of those games are when you are without a contract or offers. Like twin turbo and Teddy bear have mentioned, if he's capable of producing the goods when to save his sinking career, but not before his career is under threat it's an effort issue. Not worth persisting with that type of player.
He just needs to focus on his attack because he is a good defender. At least we know he won't be giving all the good ball to Klemmer and Tolman while Lewis and Foz are around... or at least lachy

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No offence but the other player we used to hear this about every year was Josh Reynolds and we all know how that ended.
Don't pick on Josh Reynolds. He's finally found his place at the Tigers reserve grade.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
given how all the hookers played today id still be interested in 1 yr deal for Segeyaro...with a clause of any minor off field issues your gone.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So, now that James Segeyaro has been signed by the sharks on a one year deal after they released him last year. Surely that means the younger Brailey is on the move? Why else sign/re-sign Segeyaro. Hopefully it’s to us

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How the fuck can the Sharks afford him in a week where the NRL are about to hammer them over salary cap concerns, AND they are already on a reduced cap from previous breaches?

Or have the Sharks pulled a swifty here... if they are over the cap the last signed player has to be released.

Up till now that was Johnston, but it'll now be Segeyaro.

Can we just fuck the Sharks off already to Central Coast or Perth!!

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodgy fucking sharks. No wonder them and melbourne storm clash. Fighting over who can cheat the best. Nrl is turning into a laughable joke. May as well put sargent croydon in charge.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do we take big Sam Kasiano back? Melbourne apparently need to offload players to make the cap. He is being shopped to super league clubs. He did suffer from injury last year
When Bellamy offloads a player you know he is shit. No

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
When Bellamy offloads a player you know he is shit. No
Didn't he offload Inglis? For the same reason, exceeding the salary cap.
Widdop was there, Proctor and Folau
And a few Bulldogs players, Zappy, Toleman and Noddy of course

Personally I don't buy into the whole Bellamy is a genius, gets average players and turns them into great players, never lets good players go etc. Without Smith, Slater and Cronk he wouldn't have the record that he does.

Go Dogs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't he offload Inglis? For the same reason, exceeding the salary cap.
Widdop was there, Proctor and Folau
And a few Bulldogs players, Zappy, Toleman and Noddy of course

Personally I don't buy into the whole Bellamy is a genius, gets average players and turns them into great players, never lets good players go etc. Without Smith, Slater and Cronk he wouldn't have the record that he does.

Go Dogs
True but he didn’t inherit the big 3 he developed them from rookies

Credit where due