News Dogs hook into player market

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like that we are putting pressure on players to perform rather than haslers way of guaranteeing players their position no matter how they play

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think it would be a mistake to rush out and buy a young hooker until the end of the year I really like the looks of Gray and Jason Hetherington's young bloke in Flegg they have potential written all over them.

See how they develop over this season and we might only need a veteran NRL hooker for a year until these guys can be eased into first grade.
This is a good idea, if we currently had better options than Lichaa and JMK. I guess that's some people want Segeyaro for a year or two

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I recon we should make a play for Brendan Smith. He is turning 23, don't care what spin they put on it, he can't be happy with being second fiddle to Cam Smith until he is 25!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I recon we should make a play for Brendan Smith. He is turning 23, don't care what spin they put on it, he can't be happy with being second fiddle to Cam Smith until he is 25!
He looked in better shape the other night too.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Would you rather play for the Bulldogs for say $300k a year OR play for the Storm for 2 years for $150k and a car, and a boat and a caravan, and then get $700k a year when Smith retires, and a better boat, and car, and caravan?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
As long as we get one of those 3 it would be a big upgrade on what we have right now. I’m sure if the club is clever enough they will get their man so to speak. At Least the search has begun.
How long before someone releases a sex tape on whoever we sign up, and he gets suspended for the season.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do we take big Sam Kasiano back? Melbourne apparently need to offload players to make the cap. He is being shopped to super league clubs. He did suffer from injury last year

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do we take big Sam Kasiano back? Melbourne apparently need to offload players to make the cap. He is being shopped to super league clubs. He did suffer from injury last year
Nah

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cant find the discussion re the more highly regarded 2018 sgball players that left ie logan Dillon and Tommy Talau, but - Talau was given a development place at West tigers and is named in their ISP trial team for this week. Such an position is an incentive for someone straight out of SGBall.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We didn't let Cook go.. we made an offer, Souths made a stupidly absurd offer and guaranteed starting hooker spot. We couldn't offer the same amount of money or an 80 minute hooker spot.
He didn’t have a guaranteed starting spot with Souths either man. You forgetting that he had to battle McInnes for the job when he got there? Let’s be real Des didn’t rate him so why stay? I don’t remember Des ever playing Cook over Lichaa or Ennis so why not go to somebody who will give you a shot?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it would be a mistake to rush out and buy a young hooker until the end of the year I really like the looks of Gray and Jason Hetherington's young bloke in Flegg they have potential written all over them.

See how they develop over this season and we might only need a veteran NRL hooker for a year until these guys can be eased into first grade.
Yeah I agree with you for once haha looks like we have some good juniors coming through, the next few years are going to be exiting

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you for once haha looks like we have some good juniors coming through, the next few years are going to be exiting
If that is the case and those young lads do excel and it was in the clubs best interest to get a veteran to slot in for a year or two... the only player id be keen to be that stop gap would be McCullough... i personally cant see Seibold liking his style of play given he is downgrading from Cook.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If that is the case and those young lads do excel and it was in the clubs best interest to get a veteran to slot in for a year or two... the only player id be keen to be that stop gap would be McCullough... i personally cant see Seibold liking his style of play given he is downgrading from Cook.
His a good player McCullough

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe take the wars hooker for a year, forgot his name lmao on the beers