SportingNews/Lurker Dogs and Cowboys fight for Reece Robson

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's a fair and good swap for both clubs if true.

Anything that gives us a short and long term solution at dummy half, I'm all for. Robson seems legit so it's worth the risk as well as Martin did last year..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Rhyse martin will swap with Reece Robson almost done deal.
glad to get a gun hooker, but wish we would be hard and just take Robson whilst keeping Martin... with our injury luck lately watch Mariner or someone get injured early on.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Am I the only that rated Rhys Martin? theres a lot contemp on the kennel for this guy
Only way I see him fitting into the side is Mariner benched... or Jacko lock and Elliot benched. Can't see Pay entertaining the idea of either of those options

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d love to have Lafai back, I don’t think I ever got over him leaving. It was like an unsuspecting breakup.
If Lafai had of played at an acceptable first grade level, he would not have been punted. He hasnt improved since leaving.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please be Fualalo for Robson... LOL.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Am I the only that rated Rhys Martin? theres a lot contemp on the kennel for this guy
I rate Martin also. But we have a glut of second rowers and not one first grade standard hooker at the club right now.

So to me it's a no brainer to swap someone like Martin or Elliott who play a position we have a logjam at, for a classy dummy half who could help transform the team.

You can find a quality second rower from anywhere. Getting a long term attacking dummy half who can also defend is much harder.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whenever we're competing with another club for anyone, we generally miss out so hearing North Queensland are interested makes me sceptical.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is wrong with u guys, lafai.....aitken......we already have montoya which is bad enough.... fuck me..... anyone with an eye for talent can see its robson. U bring in manu and bam premiership !

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What position does De Belin play? Thats who Dragons will be on the lookout to player swap.

In fact wouldn't suprise me if Dragons talk to Sharks about taking Afa Seumanafangai since Tigers have pulled out.

Covers Dragons and puts Sharks under cap.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone think we might be asking for McInnes? The dragons would probably be open to it to keep Robson, free up some cap and get a second rower from us.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been a fan of Martin's for a while, and although it'd be sad to see him go, if he was swapped for a player which improves our team I'm all for it