Documentaries

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I should enlist in the army and get involved in the next major conflict.

I can motivate myself by saying "one day my grandchildren will be playing video games about this campaign "

Reactions: K E

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a doco called forget us not about the " other" 5 million that were executed in concentration camps.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Every times there's a Nazi documentary on the History Channel, jshellshear writes an angry letter to Foxtel demanding they remove the show and screen an apology to all Jewish people even though he is not one.

One of the best I watched recently (apart from Mysteries of the Abandoned), is one called Incredible Medicine: Dr Weston's Casebook. Goes into rare medical conditions and how those rare medical conditions could actually help scientists to reverse engineer medical conditions in other people. For examples sake there is a guy in it who has super strong bones, so they are studying him to find out what's different in him and if they can use that difference to help oesteoperosis sufferers.

The Insider with Reggie Yates is worth a watch too.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also like docos on abandoned places and buildings and shit about Chernobyl. That place looks creepy as fuck with it big ferris wheel.

Also like a show called What on Earth.
Science Channel's most watched series reveals Earth as it's never been seen before. Illuminating views captured by more than 4,000 orbiting satellites, `What on Earth?' investigates mysteries from strange geological occurrences to weird man-made structures. Every day, the eyes in the sky uncover new mysterious phenomena, and some defy easy explanation. To search for answers, the series combines modern imaging technology with analysis from military and intelligence professionals as well as leading scientists.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also like docos on abandoned places and buildings and shit about Chernobyl. That place looks creepy as fuck with it big ferris wheel.

Also like a show called What on Earth.
Science Channel's most watched series reveals Earth as it's never been seen before. Illuminating views captured by more than 4,000 orbiting satellites, `What on Earth?' investigates mysteries from strange geological occurrences to weird man-made structures. Every day, the eyes in the sky uncover new mysterious phenomena, and some defy easy explanation. To search for answers, the series combines modern imaging technology with analysis from military and intelligence professionals as well as leading scientists.
I love documentaries on space its fucks my head though lol

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want a new Vietnam game on next gen consoles
Definitely, it needs to be done. I can't even remember the last time there was an actual full game on just the Vietnam war.

I do remember I played one back in the day on the PS2 that was pretty good called "Shellshock Nam 67". Then they made a sequel "Shellshock 2 Blood Trails" but I never got round to playing that.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
If they make a war game on Vietnam they have to make your character one of those captains who were smoking opium through rifle barrels!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Me too mate, it's an amazing place of mystery out there.
I wished they kept going hard as fuck in the 60s and 70s for the space race, we would already have a station on mars launching massive shit into the unknown

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Mega Factories is pretty interesting too.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they make a war game on Vietnam they have to make your character one of those captains who were smoking opium through rifle barrels!
The one I mentioned a couple post back you could get high and bang Asian hookers when you were in camp. Plus you collected naked playing cards of pin up chicks lol.

Shame that R. Lee Ermey passed away he would make a great voice actor for a new Vietnam game like his character from Full Metal Jacket.

Last edited:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Talking of R. Lee Ermey he had a couple of doco shows on the History Channel. This video is all the Bloopers and stuff ups from his show Mail Call. He swears like a trooper throughout it.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best one I’ve watched recently was ‘Wild Wild Country’ which is about a cult which moved in and basically took over a small town in Oregon in the 80’s. It’s such an incredible story that I originally called bullshit and doubted that the doco was factual but it certainly is. Amazing stuff. It’s on Netflix.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd much rather watch any decent documentary than most of the comedies that follow the same married man does something stupid, wife is angry til the last 5 minutes of the show crap these days.

I don't have pay tv so the documentary options are limited on fta TV. But they're still more interesting than plenty of crap comedy. I used to love Time Team. It was about a group that would research the suspected location of historical remains before getting permission to do digs. Some of the stuff they found was interesting and it was presented interestingly. You do get some documentaries where the presenter seems like a self promoting twat though.