Documentaries

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice little docco... that era produced some magical bands and TFF were right up there... Songs from the Big Chair would have to be in the top 10 albums of all time.. Roland is a genius

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Published on 20 Jan 2013
Amazing documentary, made for musicians and non-musicians.
Howard Goodall analyses the most important works of Bernard Herrmann were conceived.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Currently watching a Rat Pack doco with the missus.

Man, this world will never see entertainers like Dean, Frank and Sammy Davis ever again. Sad.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Man, this world will never see entertainers like Dean, Frank and Sammy Davis ever again. Sad.
so much natural energy; would have loved to have experienced it in person

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Joey Bishop is missing but whatever, still an amazing shot.

A

Alexander the Great

Dean was the ultimate entertainer. The dean Martin show was hilarious.
The bloke would smoke and drink on set!!! I'm sure he was cooked almost every episode.

What's the name of the doco?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dean was the ultimate entertainer. The dean Martin show was hilarious.
The bloke would smoke and drink on set!!! I'm sure he was cooked almost every episode.

What's the name of the doco?
Haha. That he was. Smoked like a chimney, drank like a fish but had the voice of an angel. Please tell me you've seen his roasts? Brilliant.

It was on YouTube, I'll let you know when I go home.

A

Alexander the Great

Haha. That he was. Smoked like a chimney, drank like a fish but had the voice of an angel. Please tell me you've seen his roasts? Brilliant.

It was on YouTube, I'll let you know when I go home.
I have not but I'll have a a look tonight. Bloke was the total package. I doont think Sinatra and co were well rounded like him.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have not but I'll have a a look tonight. Bloke was the total package. I doont think Sinatra and co were well rounded like him.
As much as I love Sinatra, you're right. That's evidence of Frank not being in any of the roasts except one.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Maxhardcore, the doco I was watching is on YouTube, it's called "A E biography, the rat pack 1999".

It's a bit long, almost 3 hours, and the quality is not that great (720p) but it's really detailed and interesting.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If your into cars watch Apex on Netflix, it's about Hypercars and the fact that they are outrageously expensive.

They look at the factories of Koenigsegg, Zonda and a few others.

it's unreal

Reactions: K E

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
If you want a small sample of how far the left wing media are prepared to go to push their narrative watch Tommy Robinson's Panodrama

*cue the whataboutism*

Hashtag *no excuses for this type of reporting*

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you want a small sample of how far the left wing media are prepared to go to push their narrative watch Tommy Robinson's Panodrama

*cue the whataboutism*

Hashtag *no excuses for this type of reporting*
YouTube?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I may have already posted this, but God damn I love these old doccos.. can watch them again and again:

This film chronicles the rise of the personal computer/home computer beginning in the 1970s with the Altair 8800, Apple II and VisiCalc.

It continues through the IBM PC and Apple Macintosh revolution through the 1980s and the mid 1990s at the beginning of the Dot-com boom.

It includes interviews with Apple Computer's Steve Jobs and Microsoft's Bill Gates. This three-part film first premiered on PBS in June 1996. Episodes included: Impressing their Friends, Riding the Bear, and Great Artists Steal.

1.jpg

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Theres a documentary I've been watching (2 parter) called Size Matters.

Episode One they make everything huge to see how if things were 10 or 20 times larger, how it would impact the earth and how we live.
Episode Two they make everything smaller to see how if things were 10 or 20 times smaller, how it would impact the earth and how we live.

Kinda funny, kinda interesting.