Disgruntled Bulldog Threatening Legal Action

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Forget blaming the fake news media for a moment. What other team gets lapped 66 zip vs Knights??

What other team has players complaining about training being too hard?

The club is a circus whether the fake news report it or not.
How do you know this?
You yourself called the news ‘fake’.
The major sponsor publicly backs the club and all that’s happening internally. Successful coaches and players (Robbo/Edwards) publicly backed Ciraldo.

None of the above complained nor lost 66-0.
Who did? Current players. We can already see
A lengthy list of departures after Sunday: TPJ, Okunbor, Burns, Flanagan, Averillo and there’s likely to be more (Alamoti, Thompson you’d have to say are odds on). And that’s after Brown and Reynolds left mid-year. Yet we’ve got others happy to sign (Taaffe, Salmon). Clearly a shift to players from successful systems is needed. Shape up or ship out.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck these journalists are scum. Imagine making a living off people's misery, and posting propaganda.
Exactly. DT so concerned with the players mental health and how they were treated that they decide to report on it for consecutive days and try to make it into a massive issue. Yeah that's definitely going to help the guy. His career was already damaged by his actions, but now it's well and truly fucked thanks to DT

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My thoughts on the matter.
Topine isn’t having mental issues, if the club was so bad he wouldn’t have signed an extension.
I reckon he’s signed the extension then realised he’s not going to get a run in firsts in his position seeing as guys like okunbor are being picked infront of him despite our injury toll.
another club has come looking for a hard working second rower on the outer at their club and he’s using this as a way to get out and increase his first grade opportunity.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does everyone else find it interesting that the media have gone from 8 to 30 to now 20 people he had to wrestle and zero quotes from players That were their. I don’t believe the media know what happened and are just firing darts at the situation because they hate our GM of football.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Threating legal action?

Is he being advised by his manager or by his psychologist?
You’d like to think whoever it is would actually have engaged with a psychologist If he is claiming mental health issues from this event from 5 weeks ago.

I have no doubt that would have been offered to him and it would be pretty pathetic if he has spoken to the media about it before a psychologist.

I actually hope the player is seeing a psychologist now because I think his mental health issues will get a whole lot worse once his name is public

Last edited:

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always thought Topine was overrated and never up to nrl standard but this is a new level of soft. What are the legal grounds likely workplace bullying, maybe potential loss of income cause he sure won’t get another nrl contract. Having this now played out in the media is only going to magnify the mental health impact.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s gone to the media bro. This ain’t a cry for help, it’s a cash grab.
I don’t trust the media one bit on this one, look at all the bullshit coming out every hour a new headline. Until we hear it from the club, the public lynching of this bloke needs to stop
I bet some of u fat ***** wouldn’t say a word to his face

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You’d like to think whoever it is would actually have engaged with a psychologist If he is claiming mental health issues from this event from 5 weeks ago.

I have no doubt that would have been offered to him and it would be pretty pathetic if he has spoken to the media about it before a psychologist.

I actually hope the player is seeing a psychologist now because I think his mental health issues will get a whole lot worse once his name is public
You're not wrong my man

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ironic that the little keyboard warriors on here are calling anyone a soft ****, let alone a young guy apparently dealing with mental health issues.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Well he won’t have a footy career anymore. This is the most embarrassing shit ever. Whoever is advising Topine needs a punch in the face.
Agree, he doesn’t really have runs on the board to save himself and this embarrassing stuff makes islanders look bad to racist ppl so innocent people have to cop it.
He might get a gig in England if someone needs a utility back rower cheaply. Think Castleford or someone. But odds against him bevause you’d better off spending 10k extra and getting Waddell.
He’s been stupid and he is condemning himself and he needs to me a retard not to see it

Last edited:

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me cynical but I wonder if he received a tap on the shoulder and this is retaliation.... If true, then it is buzz reporting

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
This all we need to read from the article:

Ciraldo is "being accused by a select few players of working them too hard."

“I think NRL is hard, so you have to train hard and prepare hard to give yourself the best opportunity to be successful. Training is hard. It’s supposed to be hard,” (Dylan) Edwards said."

"Ciraldo also received some support from Roosters coach Trent Robinson, who said punishments have a place in the modern football club."

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Forget blaming the fake news media for a moment. What other team gets lapped 66 zip vs Knights??

What other team has players complaining about training being too hard?

The club is a circus whether the fake news report it or not.
Cowboys got lapped by the wooden spooners then happened the other way around.. Many teams got belted this season on a bad day. We got belted playing our worse team this year..

I'd say many teams have whiners and walk abouts, we just don't hear about it because its not the Bulldogs but your right the club is in dire straights regardless... Hence the cleanse!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whoever it is leaking anything to the media needs to be found out, names and shamed & sacked! Good luck working a normal job like the rest of us.
Pretty sure that the club knows, and action is being taken - hence the threat of legal action as his manager sees his future commissions go down the drain.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
My thoughts on the matter.
Topine isn’t having mental issues, if the club was so bad he wouldn’t have signed an extension.
I reckon he’s signed the extension then realised he’s not going to get a run in firsts in his position seeing as guys like okunbor are being picked infront of him despite our injury toll.
another club has come looking for a hard working second rower on the outer at their club and he’s using this as a way to get out and increase his first grade opportunity.
Even if that was true that he was looking to get out, Gus is more than happy to accommodate players who want to leave. Cause end of the day you only want players who want to be here. So it seems like it's a grab at easy money hoping to get a payout.