DISCUSSION THREAD | Round 6 | Bulldogs v Warriors

Winning Margin

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
worst friggin time to play them, judging by history, every team that has sacked their coach come out and have a blinder the week after
or the best time to play them. We're in form and we have to remain in form so if we play a switched on team it will be good for us imo.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Teams always win the week after a coach is sacked lol so I hope we can break that hoodoo.
But not the Warriors. Iro took over in 2012 and they lost first up. Same with Elliot and his first game in charge in 2013, and Bluey in 2012.

Ivan Cleary lost his first game in charge in 2006. Actually every coach they have ever had has lost first up except back in 2004 (Tony Kemp after Daniel Anderson got sacked).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Great time to play them. If we can't beat them at their best then we're not real premiership contenders. We'll smash 'em.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But not the Warriors. Iro took over in 2012 and they lost first up. Same with Elliot and his first game in charge in 2013, and Bluey in 2012.

Ivan Cleary lost his first game in charge in 2006. Actually every coach they have ever had has lost first up except back in 2004 (Tony Kemp after Daniel Anderson got sacked).
Great info mate, doesnt matter when we play them good or bad!!! End of the year we will have to play form teams!!!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't we flog them 30 something when they last sacked one of their coaches?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn't we flog them 30 something when they last sacked one of their coaches?
I thought it was the other way around (When Kevin Moore was sacked).

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
worst friggin time to play them, judging by history, every team that has sacked their coach come out and have a blinder the week after
We need to sack DES to counter their advantage

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score

Hmmmm... Dogs by 30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Bulldogs 1-12 unless a shitty warriors come out and play 13+

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our defence should win this for us.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
WhyTF are we playing a game on a Sunday in NZ? ... and then having to follow up on a big Friday afternoon clash against the Rabbitohs? This has to be the worst scheduling of the season.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Souffs the week after will be hard , but in saying that they aren't as good as previous years . Watched a very lethargic Manly get smashed by the Wtigers yesterday - interesting how Des has the team prepared . Our for and against is giving me a woody atm , shades of 2012 already

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
WhyTF are we playing a game on a Sunday in NZ? ... and then having to follow up on a big Friday afternoon clash against the Rabbitohs? This has to be the worst scheduling of the season.
NRL for you.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought it was the other way around (When Kevin Moore was sacked).
Round 20 2011 season first game after Kevin Moore was sacked. I remember it fondly , Friday night bucketing down rain, bulldogs vs Eels we sat in the members stand at ANZ , my first live nrl game .
there wouldve been a Max crowd of 2000 fans.

The bulldogs had just sacked Kevin Moore and Jim Dymock was the new custodian. I wasn't expecting too much as they'd just come off losing streak but sat back and watched ,wow what a fight, it was brilliant .

Was a draw at full-time , went into golden minute and Steve Turner or was it Andrew Ryan kicked a field goal for the win.

The elation the team experienced after that win was infectious ,I was hooked . So yeah may be there is some truth to the phenomenon.
O come off like 11 losses ,bloody good game

Last edited by a moderator:

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Round 19 2011 season first game after Kevin Moore was sacked. I remember it fondly , Friday night bucketing down rain, bulldogs vs Eels we sat in the members stand at ANZ , my first live nrl game .
there wouldve been a Max crowd of 2000 fans.

The bulldogs had just sacked Kevin Moore and Jim Dymock was the new custodian. I wasn't expecting too much as they'd just come off like a 10 game losing streak but sat back and watched ,wow what a fight, it was brilliant .

Was a draw at full-time , went into golden minute and Steve Turner or was it Andrew Ryan kicked a field goal for the win.

The elation the team experienced after that win was infectious ,I was hooked . So yeah may be there is some truth to the phenomenon.
O come off like 11 losses ,bloody good game
Kevin Moore was sacked when the team was in New Zealand, we ended up getting pumped, Dymock coached the side for that game..from memory Moore was sacked the day before the game..

Hodkinson kicked the field goal against Parra..

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kevin Moore was sacked when the team was in New Zealand, we ended up getting pumped, Dymock coached the side for that game..from memory Moore was sacked the day before the game..

Hodkinson kicked the field goal against Parra..
Might have had one too many drinks that night it seems :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.