DISCUSSION THREAD | Round 14 | Bulldogs v Manly

DISCUSSION THREAD | Round 13 | Bulldogs v Manly

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

matauce

Baller
Reaction score
refs tried their best to shaft us. but the dogz of war stood up and got the W. solid win. but methinks we will play manly again this season...

SUS_250

Welterweight
Reaction score
Reynolds try was the reason behind Benefit Of The Doubt...

BTW was Foran out there at all tonight? Saw DCE heaps but Foran was missing in action from what I could see.

Total respect for you with this post...

We've got a few supporters on here from other clubs that are held in quite high regard around here. You've got to be the Manly supporter here held in high regard, and posts like this show why!

I wonder if it was VB *sponsors PLUG!!*
What game were you watching? Foran ripped our right side defence to pieces! Every time they went to his side they troubled us.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched the game again. Amazing how we won really, referees gotta admit we're horrendous. Most of their tries came from BS calls. Barba getting out and calling a drop out, Tillman getting pushed without the ball and Manly getting six again. One thing that really annoys me is the face that our tries, as certain as they look, always seem to go to videos ref. Watch Manlys 2nd try, horo goes over the line and I watched the replay a few times, I think Barba held him up and I still don't think he got it down yet the ref awards it straight away. As for the crowd, what fine did we cop in 04 for our crowd issues? Manly should be fines $100,000. To spit on a player is disgusting. I know sitting in the crowd Manly fans were yelling abuse all night and yelling out to Barba about his personal issues. I will definitely be emailing manly and the NRL to complain. Disgusting behaviour. To walk out of Brookie after a win lik that. Gold!!!!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched the game again. Amazing how we won really, referees gotta admit we're horrendous. Most of their tries came from BS calls. Barba getting out and calling a drop out, Tillman getting pushed without the ball and Manly getting six again. One thing that really annoys me is the face that our tries, as certain as they look, always seem to go to videos ref. Watch Manlys 2nd try, horo goes over the line and I watched the replay a few times, I think Barba held him up and I still don't think he got it down yet the ref awards it straight away. As for the crowd, what fine did we cop in 04 for our crowd issues? Manly should be fines $100,000. To spit on a player is disgusting. I know sitting in the crowd Manly fans were yelling abuse all night and yelling out to Barba about his personal issues. I will definitely be emailing manly and the NRL to complain. Disgusting behaviour. To walk out of Brookie after a win lik that. Gold!!!!
Alittle hard to read but you got your point out, why would fans resort to making fun of a players personal life and spitting on him...

I still reckon if the referees were fair in that game we would of thrashed Manly since they wouldn't have been gifted all that possession and field position.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
the Justin Horo Try

Is it just me or did I never see the ball actually grounded?

I never not once saw the ball touch the turf????

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

There were 2 tries where I thought that was the case:

1. The Horo try

2. The Cherry-Evans try when they made the break from halfway.

Both tries were given straight away, but in the second try you can even see Cherry-Evans have a second attempt at scoring as he knew he didn't get it down.

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score

I don't know if it touched the ground or not but Horo was the last player on the field that I wanted to score.

Every time Horo was tackled last night he was flail around like he was a fish even if no-one was touching him.

Also every time someone would tackle him he would point to his fat double chin as in to say he is being caught high even if the tackle is on the chest.

I hate him so when he scored I felt like punching my tv.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There were 2 tries where I thought that was the case:

1. The Horo try

2. The Cherry-Evans try when they made the break from halfway.

Both tries were given straight away, but in the second try you can even see Cherry-Evans have a second attempt at scoring as he knew he didn't get it down.
Going of this, I think it was the Horo try, Shane Hayne was making signals with his hands for time out or something but the other referee just blew the try over ruling him...

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Love Des's comment in the press conference, something like this: "looking forward our biggest obstacle is us, we have to come to terms with what we are actually capable of - and do it"

He will have us firing at the right time!

Ironhide07

In The Dog House
Reaction score

He was held up 100% Never did the ball touch the grass. I have analyzed this over 16 times now in HD

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Kudos to the Manly participants in this thread who've posted with great tact and contrition under the circumstances ...

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
oh for ducks sake, i thought the poll was for the score after 80 minutes, hence i voted draw.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I thought that also. Barba had his hands under the ball. All this whinging about that last penalty. Without the refs the game wouldn't have gone to Golden Point.

moronista

Waterboy
Reaction score

ball ON THE LINE. Ball carrying arm ON THE GROUND. Player HELD.

= DROPOUT. Correct call.

ball SHORT OF LINE. CLEARLY.

you need glasses people.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
^^ Photos don't prove shit all.

You've taking the screenshots yourself and the difference between taking a screenshot 0.500 seconds earlier/later is the difference between what looks like a correct/wrong call.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

ball ON THE LINE. Ball carrying arm ON THE GROUND. Player HELD.

= DROPOUT. Correct call.

ball SHORT OF LINE. CLEARLY.

you need glasses people.
Make screenshots/short video clips of Tolman being pushed in the back without the ball, Perrett being tackled/shoulder charged without the ball and Watmough playing the ball incorrectly leading to a try.

Also do a time comparison of when the referee called held for a tackle for Manly then compare to the Barba tackle also while you are at it do a time comparison of Manly holding players in the ruck to slow the play the ball down against Canterbury doing it and being penalised.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Dont forget horo being held up but given a try anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.