Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Worst ref decision was awarding you guys with a drop out which wasn't which lead to a try you didn't deserve.

But it's ok only because we won

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well my first post so crucify me.
Must confess to not having read previous pages tonight but felt compelled to add my thoughts.

Yes, I took some joy in bulldogs poor early season form, but tonight... WOW.
Dogs have been winning of late without playing too convincingly, but tonight I thought was their best performance this year and on par with their best of last year.

Now, having said that, refs were appalling BUT I guess decisions went both ways so no excuses there.
Did dog jump to get that final penalty? Possibly.
The worst ref decision of the night was that try awarded to dogs - crap!!! well short.
Amazing to think Manly should have been in front after 80 - really did think dogs were better tonight.

Couple of positive thoughts...
Well proud of how Manly did not throw in the towel.
Great to see a brilliant CLEAN game between these two teams.

Yes, I think I'm over the Des defection.

On the two ex Manly players,
T-Rex is improving but wasn't really a force out there tonight.
But he is just the sort of player who could turn up for 10 minutes & win you the GF.
Hodgkinson - I don't get the negative comments on him.
He is really finding great form after some injuries - remember, he was preferred to DCE!

Good luck to dogs... Hope you come second this year:grinning:
nice first post.... it was good to see Manly play the game without the usual smash and bash tactics.... probably thats why they were in the game till last minute.... probably the fastest i have seen manly play this year.... it will take some toll on our players and hopefully they are refreshed for our next game against roosters.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Peter Spanidis ‏@peter_spanidis 39m

Word out of brookvale that eagles fans throwing things onto the field &yelling racist remarks at bulldogs fans. Stay classy @manlyseaeagles

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my first post so crucify me.
Must confess to not having read previous pages tonight but felt compelled to add my thoughts.

Yes, I took some joy in bulldogs poor early season form, but tonight... WOW.
Dogs have been winning of late without playing too convincingly, but tonight I thought was their best performance this year and on par with their best of last year.

Now, having said that, refs were appalling BUT I guess decisions went both ways so no excuses there.
Did dog jump to get that final penalty? Possibly.
The worst ref decision of the night was that try awarded to dogs - crap!!! well short.
Amazing to think Manly should have been in front after 80 - really did think dogs were better tonight.

Couple of positive thoughts...
Well proud of how Manly did not throw in the towel.
Great to see a brilliant CLEAN game between these two teams.

Yes, I think I'm over the Des defection.

On the two ex Manly players,
T-Rex is improving but wasn't really a force out there tonight.
But he is just the sort of player who could turn up for 10 minutes & win you the GF.
Hodgkinson - I don't get the negative comments on him.
He is really finding great form after some injuries - remember, he was preferred to DCE!

Good luck to dogs... Hope you come second this year:grinning:
Thanks for this - always good to see a sane, non-trolling post from an opposing fan.

I have to disagree on the Reynolds try, though. By the letter of the law, it should have been given.

Seeing the replays from both angles, if I had to say whether or not I thought he'd reached the line or not, I'd say very probably not. However, as the rule stands, video refs are only supposed to overrule the on field call when the footage is 100% conclusive that the call was wrong. I don't think you could say that in this case. Bloody unlucky for Manly, as I suspect the ref's on field snap judgement may have been wrong and only a couple of poor camera placements saved that ruling. If the ref had said no try, it would never have been awarded in a million years. Very very tough on Manly, but probably right by the rulebook. (If that had gone against a side I was following, I'd have been blowing up about it of course...)

Much as it pains me to say this to you, but best of luck to your boys for the rest of the year. We may very well meet again in September or so...

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Joel Caine ‏@JoelCaine 57m

George Rose allegedly hit by a beer can after game @2GB873 #nrlmancby

Poor George hit by a beer thrown by a Manly fan!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Joel Caine ‏@JoelCaine 57m

George Rose allegedly hit by a beer can after game @2GB873 #nrlmancby

Poor George hit by a beer thrown by a Manly fan!
LOL... is that cos he is going to Eels next season????

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well done to the guys that picked the winning margin

Bakes, beno2662, Big_Dawg, blueyedsamurai, Bonnieclyde, bulldawg, cookieman909, DoggiesUtd, Doggies_4_Ever, Dogiezz, Dognacious, Gareth, Harby, immortalbulldog, I_love_Barba, jimmy_the_greek, kryptonbulldog, mearsey, Moey, Natboy, outoforder, ozman, Ted67, The.X.Factor, tonee​

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Reynolds try was a try, I reckon he just brushed the chalk.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Reynolds try was a try, I reckon he just brushed the chalk.
He may have done or may not have done. It was impossible to tell from the video angles, so the video refs couldn't overturn the on field call.

I doubt it did touch, but I'm not 100% that it didn't and with the ref's call, that's enough.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Exactly, the ref was right on top of it.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Regardless of some bad ref calls both ways, dogs were the better side enough of the game to deserve the win. I thought this game, maybe next week vs roosters, and then later raiders in canberra were the hardest games we had left. Im pretty confident about playing storm at ANZ (finally). And we won one of them so far. Cool.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He may have done or may not have done. It was impossible to tell from the video angles, so the video refs couldn't overturn the on field call.

I doubt it did touch, but I'm not 100% that it didn't and with the ref's call, that's enough.
Benefit of the doubt call?

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Benefit of the doubt call?
There is no benefit of the doubt call as such this year.

They changed the rule to say the ref has to give an opinion, which stands unless the video ref is 100% sure it is wrong. As he ruled it a try this time, the only thing that would have taken it off Reynolds was clear footage of the furthest point of the ball being short of the line. Two crappy video angles didn't show that so it stood.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

I'm 100% certain the ref called the right decision, however I don't even know why he ran it up stairs which means he was in some sort of doubt not award it a try.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

They changed the rule to say the ref has to give an opinion, which stands unless the video ref is 100% sure it is wrong. As he ruled it a try this time, the only thing that would have taken it off Reynolds was clear footage of the furthest point of the ball being short of the line. Two crappy video angles didn't show that so it stood.
I know its gone though some video ref calls have been very benefit of the doubt like when they can't disprove a ref with lack of evidence.

Eagle eye

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

They applied the law. They didn't think they had the evidence to overturn it. But I feel safe in saying if that if the exact same scenario arises next week and the decision is made the other way, there will be some serious blowing up going on around here.

But regardless, I stand by original assessment. Manly were not the better side and needed 60% of ball to tie it up.

We'll find form again and will need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.