Des wants SBW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I like everyone was deeply offended by what Sonny did to us, it was the wrong thing to do. But I must admit I always read his articles when he has been abroad. I would be even more deeply cut for him to play against us and so yes if he wanted to make amends with the club he owes it all to I would take him back in a heartbeat.

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fans are by definition illogical. To be a fan you surrender part of your brain that says you are going to back winners only. Fans will get over it if SBW returns as they get over everything. Only long term lack of success loses fans and if you look at the case of South Sydney, sometimes not even then.

We may rant, we may threaten but as fans we have little choice but to get on board eventually. SBW is not coming though. Never, nada, no chance.
The last person that said "is not coming" or "never" ate their words about des hasler joining the dogs... So.... Expect to get sigged if you are correct

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like every other doggies fan was shocked and very disappointed when Sonny did walk out on the dogs. If he was to come to the club and talk to the management (Dib, Greenberg and Hasler) and outlines his intentions and abmitions then you would be mad not to consider it. His ban has been lifted, he can choose to play for any team he wants, there are no longer any restrictions of trade. So if he has 16 teams after him and he chooses the dogs my respect for the guy will be very high. No doubt other teams will offer more money so if it is a financial decisions it wont be the dogs. And we still have not heard anything from within the club suggesting he is a target for 2013.

But like I said if he comes and says 16 teams are after me but I want to play for the dogs then to me that is enough redemption.

Put it this way. If the best bus driver in the jurisdiction walked out one day and became a taxi driver but 5 years later comes back to the bus company and says I wanna drive for you again otherwise I will drive for another company wouldnt you atleast consider getting his services again??? He is the best bus driver by far. To me if you dont look at getting him again would be negligent.

This is the same guy Andrew Johns wanted to follow across to the Dogs so he can play a season or 2 with.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Put it this way. If the best bus driver in the jurisdiction walked out one day and became a taxi driver but 5 years later comes back to the bus company and says I wanna drive for you again otherwise I will drive for another company wouldnt you atleast consider getting his services again??? He is the best bus driver by far. To me if you dont look at getting him again would be negligent.
Finally! An analogy that I can understand and relate to.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What if that bus driver drove his bus to the airport instead of picking up 47 children on the route he was supposed to be doing, and the children were left waiting at their bus stop in the rain while their parents assumed they were at school? Heaps of other drivers had already called in sick that day so he knew he was really needed. Just a few weeks before, the boss let him borrow the bus for free to pickup 56 of his cousins who just flew in from NZ, just to let him know the company really do appreciate him.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What if that bus driver drove his bus to the airport instead of picking up 47 children on the route he was supposed to be doing, and the children were left waiting at their bus stop in the rain while their parents assumed they were at school? Heaps of other drivers had already called in sick that day so he knew he was really needed. Just a few weeks before, the boss let him borrow the bus for free to pickup 56 of his cousins who just flew in from NZ, just to let him know the company really do appreciate him.
:roflol:

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Why won't people just give up on this. There is no way that the anti Williams crew will convince the pro Williams crew to agree with their viewpoint or vice versa. If the club signs him then rejoice or be ****ty as is your entitlement but it's annoying that this dominates what should be a very positive off season when it won't really affect the club or it's fans until 2013.
AMEN BROTHER... This argument was never going to be settled so I think the best outcome for all would be to agree to disagree

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like i've said before, what he did was a **** of a thing to do, but people need to get over it. I dont want him at our club either, but if he does come back, its not gonna stop me surpporting out great club. And no doubt wether its with Bulldogs or another team, he will undoubtedly get alot of hostility from the crowd, but like alot of players, once he is back and shows his talent and shows atleast remorse for the actions he did, they will come around. Love him or hate him, Bulldogs or not wherever he go's he will drawn money and crowds. He just needs to get away from those yesman who got in his ear lasttime.

Big Nick

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People that say, 'People need to get over it', need to get over that I can't get over it. Get it?

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
you disagree that you agree to disagree? Well i disagree that you disagreed that we should agree to disagree
So if I understand this correctly you are saying we should agree to disagree yeah? mayeb I am just confused

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SBW is fob. So agree. Rumor is 110% true. Bro.

D

dessyhasler

I can't trust him,will he stay Willie go?
He wants mundine to run boxing sessions, I'll have a chat to Todd and see what he says

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
as many people have said many times in this thread.....it has done it's dash

that's all folks

:grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.