Des wants SBW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
Surely being a good Christian/Muslim/Buddhist/Hindu etc you would allow Robert Lui a chance for redemption & forgiveness?? How could you be so cold hearted?

of the 3 Robert lui and Todd carney did not walk out on the Bulldogs when the Bulldogs needed them to stand up
of the 3 Robert lui and Todd carney was not offered a 3 year contract and insisted on 5 years.
of the 3 Robert lui and Todd carney were not given a polynesian day to make them feel more involved in the club
of the 3 Robert lui and Todd carney did not fake injury during the polynesian day dedicated to them
of the 3 Robert lui and Todd carney did not take off in the night light a coward and boarded a flight to France and then slagged the club at the command of his pappet masters.

You sit there up on your high horse gushing at SBW and sooking at anyone who dares to speak out against your precious saviour. You also think that because the most vocal on the kennel want him back that speaks true of public opinion.

We all know that he is a supreme athlete and very marketable. Yes, that is awesome. I am not sure how long you have been a Bulldogs Supporter for but 1 thing is for sure is that the Bulldogs have a knack of creating those players. That will not and has not ended with Sonny.

I really don't hate the guy. I just don't want him at the club I love and will not support any team he plays at. I am not a win at all costs kinda guy. I might be stubborn but i am not fickle.

PS. Still curious what perspective in life has got to do about this?
Dude, I'm not weighing in on this argument as I think it's futile to debate something that is merely a murmur atm, it'd be like pissing in the dark..

But surely, SURELY, a person who broke a contract is more deserving of forgiveness and redemption than a wife beater?! I mean, re-read what you wrote dude. I understand the points you are making but beating your wife is more despicable than breaking a contract.

I think this is point at which you take your Bulldogs glasses and look at these incidents holistically rather than just in the scheme of a game of rugby league

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I actually did give that a thought prior to reading your response as I knew someone would raise it. Name me one organisation that would take an employee back who has done something similar and comparable.

Anyone here own their own business? Would you deal with someone who signed a contract with you, ran away from their obligations leaving you in the lurch, went to your competitor and slagged you off to everyone that would listen, publicly revealed your inner workings? Would they be your prodical son? lol

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually did give that a thought prior to reading your response as I knew someone would raise it. Name me one organisation that would take an employee back who has done something similar and comparable.

Anyone here own their own business? Would you deal with someone who signed a contract with you, ran away from their obligations leaving you in the lurch, went to your competitor and slagged you off to everyone that would listen, publicly revealed your inner workings? Would they be your prodical son? lol
On the other hand, would you hire those employees back, if it will bring you a big windfall financially?

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
On the other hand, would you hire those employees back, if it will bring you a big windfall financially?
fool me once, shame on you
blah blah blah

You say WILL like it is for certain. Only 2 things certain in life mate. SPOILER: What SBW does when given a contract at The Bulldogs is not one of them.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fool me once, shame on you
blah blah blah

You say WILL like it is for certain. Only 2 things certain in life mate. SPOILER: What SBW does when given a contract at The Bulldogs is not one of them.
SBW, no matter where he signs, WILL bring people through the gates, not to mention sponsorships, and just the general marketability of the guy.......not to mention his freakish football abilities

man, I understand where you are coming from, I really do, maybe it is best, if there is a chance to sign with us, that he doesn't as it will polarise the fanbase.....

Last edited by a moderator:

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Surely being a good Christian/Muslim/Buddhist/Hindu etc you would allow Robert Lui a chance for redemption & forgiveness?? How could you be so cold hearted?

of the 3 Robert lui and Todd carney did not walk out on the Bulldogs when the Bulldogs needed them to stand up
of the 3 Robert lui and Todd carney was not offered a 3 year contract and insisted on 5 years.
of the 3 Robert lui and Todd carney were not given a polynesian day to make them feel more involved in the club
of the 3 Robert lui and Todd carney did not fake injury during the polynesian day dedicated to them
of the 3 Robert lui and Todd carney did not take off in the night light a coward and boarded a flight to France and then slagged the club at the command of his pappet masters.

You sit there up on your high horse gushing at SBW and sooking at anyone who dares to speak out against your precious saviour. You also think that because the most vocal on the kennel want him back that speaks true of public opinion.

We all know that he is a supreme athlete and very marketable. Yes, that is awesome. I am not sure how long you have been a Bulldogs Supporter for but 1 thing is for sure is that the Bulldogs have a knack of creating those players. That will not and has not ended with Sonny.

I really don't hate the guy. I just don't want him at the club I love and will not support any team he plays at. I am not a win at all costs kinda guy. I might be stubborn but i am not fickle.

PS. Still curious what perspective in life has got to do about this?
Robert Lui beat up a pregnant woman. He was given a chance for redemption. He then beat her up again when she was the mother of his child.

Short of killing or raping a woman, SBW cannot be compared to that. Ever. I'm honestly surprised you'd even go with that argument.

I get that Sonny isn't the first or last, but he's OURS. I don't want to watch him in another NRL club's jersey. I don't want to see another club reap the rewards of a player we discovered and turned into a star.

Perspective. The way people carry on about him it's like he's killed their mother. Yes, I understand passion for footy. I understand how much it means to people. I was at Belmore a few weeks ago with a 13 year old girl who walked onto the field to be close to where she scattered her father's ashes. I get it.

But seriously, ONE guy is going to make you potentially stop supporting the club you love so dearly? I don't get that.

There are bigger and better things in life and if one guy coming back to a footy club is such a horrible thing, well I can only assume there's not much else going on for you. Stupid assumption, huh? So is your attitude towards SBW.

Perspective is also walking in someone else's shoes. Until you hear the words from his mouth about WHY he did what he did, do you really have a right to judge? I guess you'll just have to sit back and send a few keyboard hero tweets to him so he has something to ignore on his timeline.

Doga, you're an intelligent guy and I enjoy your views on most things, but as soon as SBW comes up your ability to be rational and mature drops dramatically. It's so odd.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
Braith Anasta says Willie Mason and Sonny Bill Williams would be welcomed back to NRL

Two of rugby league's most controversial figures, Willie Mason and Sonny Bill Williams, would be welcomed back to the game with open arms, according to Sydney Roosters captain Braith Anasta.

Both Mason and Williams left the NRL in contentious circumstances, with Williams walking out of his contract with Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs in 2008 while Mason had a disappointing year at North Queensland Cowboys in 2010 that resulted in him heading to the English Super League, and subsequently to France to play rugby union.

Both players, who like Anasta got their starts in the NRL at the Bulldogs, have been linked with moves back to Australian rugby league recently, and Anasta feels that their returns would be welcomed by the majority of rugby league fans.

"It’s a little bit controversial, the way that he left the Bulldogs," Anasta said of Williams. "It was probably a bit disappointing in a way.

"In saying that, time's passed, he’s a great player, he's probably more suited to rugby league than rugby union and I think he’d be welcomed back with open arms.

"Any team that gets him would love to have him.

"Obviously a few fans, maybe the Bulldogs fans, would be disappointed and even fans at the Roosters may not want him but I think once they have him, they’ll be happy."

Anasta expressed a similar sentiment when speaking of a possible return for Mason.

"I think he’d be a great asset to a club," Anasta said. "Willie’s a great player and he’s got a lot of experience.

"The biggest thing about Willie is he's learned a lot over the years – he’s had some really good times and some poor times but he's a great guy, and a lot of people don’t see that.

As for where Mason might end up, Anasta was less certain.

"He seems to be doing really well, he’s living in the eastern suburbs and he’s training hard. As for his movements in the game, I've got no idea.

"I’ve seen him Twittering saying that he might be playing for the Coogee Wombats next year. He’s a funny guy and he’s good to have around the place and I wish him all the best."

Following a horror season in 2011 after their grand final run the year before, Anasta says the Roosters have had a strong pre-season and predicts several of the club’s youngsters will have a big impact in 2012.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am not one into cutting my nose to spite my face.

I sure hope Todd and the board aren't either.

And on this being a business and taking him back. As an employer, then yes. If I feel he has matured, regretted what he did, and was the best in the business. Forget the 1st two, being the best in the business, I would take him back.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can completely understand why people don't want a bar of Sonny at the club, and I can see why others would welcome him back. If he comes back it WILL divide the fans in a huge way. It is a massive decision for the board to make to even offer the guy a second chance but if it did end up happening, I don't think we would lose many fans long term. Some may be pissed off for a while and boycott games, but if they really are passionate about the club and the game they will find it hard to stay away. I know of a few people that said they would no longer follow the Dogs when the Coffs Harbour scandal broke, but guess what happened a few weeks into the season? There they were in their Doggies gear talking the team up.

I completely lost interest in League in 96 and 97 during the Super League war, but by the beginning of 98 I was so excited with a new competition about to start, I regained my footy mojo. I think this may be the case with most Doggies fans if they are deadset against Sonny playing for us. On the other hand if he does end up here as already said, he will bring new supporters with him and give the club huge exposure, especially early on in his comeback.

I would seriously hate to have to make this decision if I were a board member.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'll make it easy.

Is he a great player that will be a huge asset towards winning titles. YES
Is he a player who will help us as far as sponsorships, media, merchandise etc. YES
Will he put butts on seats? YES.
Will he bring us new members, new fans, new people. YES

The only negitive spin is a few fans will be ****ty and as you've said if they leave over SBW returning and as someone else said every human deserves a second chance, especially seeing its about a guy breaking a deal not killing a kid. Then they honestly weren't too loyal to the club. Players come and go. Bulldogs are the Bulldogs. I've supported them with hacks to superstars, kids with no idea to past it players. I always will. Be it with SBW or not. I'd prefer he is based on the positives far outweighing a few angry fans. As others have said, one magic offload, one big hit. Half of them will be back. The other half will jump back on when we are pushing for a title, plus alot more.

D

dessyhasler

I'll make it easy.

Is he a great player that will be a huge asset towards winning titles. YES
Is he a player who will help us as far as sponsorships, media, merchandise etc. YES
Will he put butts on seats? YES.
Will he bring us new members, new fans, new people. YES

The only negitive spin is a few fans will be ****ty and as you've said if they leave over SBW returning and as someone else said every human deserves a second chance, especially seeing its about a guy breaking a deal not killing a kid. Then they honestly weren't too loyal to the club. Players come and go. Bulldogs are the Bulldogs. I've supported them with hacks to superstars, kids with no idea to past it players. I always will. Be it with SBW or not. I'd prefer he is based on the positives far outweighing a few angry fans. As others have said, one magic offload, one big hit. Half of them will be back. The other half will jump back on when we are pushing for a title, plus alot more.
first post on here boys, it is a hard call isnt it
i guess greenburg will know what the sponsors agree too and make a decision from there i gather

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
I can completely understand why people don't want a bar of Sonny at the club, and I can see why others would welcome him back. If he comes back it WILL divide the fans in a huge way. It is a massive decision for the board to make to even offer the guy a second chance but if it did end up happening, I don't think we would lose many fans long term. Some may be pissed off for a while and boycott games, but if they really are passionate about the club and the game they will find it hard to stay away. I know of a few people that said they would no longer follow the Dogs when the Coffs Harbour scandal broke, but guess what happened a few weeks into the season? There they were in their Doggies gear talking the team up.

I completely lost interest in League in 96 and 97 during the Super League war, but by the beginning of 98 I was so excited with a new competition about to start, I regained my footy mojo. I think this may be the case with most Doggies fans if they are deadset against Sonny playing for us. On the other hand if he does end up here as already said, he will bring new supporters with him and give the club huge exposure, especially early on in his comeback.

I would seriously hate to have to make this decision if I were a board member.
Well said Bry.

It's a ballsy decision either way, really. A lot of passion involved on both sides of the fence.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Fans are by definition illogical. To be a fan you surrender part of your brain that says you are going to back winners only. Fans will get over it if SBW returns as they get over everything. Only long term lack of success loses fans and if you look at the case of South Sydney, sometimes not even then.

We may rant, we may threaten but as fans we have little choice but to get on board eventually. SBW is not coming though. Never, nada, no chance.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Fans are by definition illogical. To be a fan you surrender part of your brain that says you are going to back winners only. Fans will get over it if SBW returns as they get over everything. Only long term lack of success loses fans and if you look at the case of South Sydney, sometimes not even then.

We may rant, we may threaten but as fans we have little choice but to get on board eventually. SBW is not coming though. Never, nada, no chance.
Never say never ;)

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Robert Lui beat up a pregnant woman. He was given a chance for redemption. He then beat her up again when she was the mother of his child.

Short of killing or raping a woman, SBW cannot be compared to that. Ever. I'm honestly surprised you'd even go with that argument.

I get that Sonny isn't the first or last, but he's OURS. I don't want to watch him in another NRL club's jersey. I don't want to see another club reap the rewards of a player we discovered and turned into a star.

Perspective. The way people carry on about him it's like he's killed their mother. Yes, I understand passion for footy. I understand how much it means to people. I was at Belmore a few weeks ago with a 13 year old girl who walked onto the field to be close to where she scattered her father's ashes. I get it.

But seriously, ONE guy is going to make you potentially stop supporting the club you love so dearly? I don't get that.

There are bigger and better things in life and if one guy coming back to a footy club is such a horrible thing, well I can only assume there's not much else going on for you. Stupid assumption, huh? So is your attitude towards SBW.

Perspective is also walking in someone else's shoes. Until you hear the words from his mouth about WHY he did what he did, do you really have a right to judge? I guess you'll just have to sit back and send a few keyboard hero tweets to him so he has something to ignore on his timeline.

Doga, you're an intelligent guy and I enjoy your views on most things, but as soon as SBW comes up your ability to be rational and mature drops dramatically. It's so odd.
Yeah, I guess you are right. I would compare SBW to Carlos Tevez but that would probably get lost with you. Although..."short of killing and raping", c'mon...a bit much there.

Sonny WAS ours, he is NOT OURS anymore. I would rather see him at another club than have him pull our proud Blue and White again.

Killing mothers. Seriously, that is the sentence you reached for.

"well I can only assume there's not much else going on for you." ...Seriously, what would drive you to say that? that was soooo uncalled for. What part of my argument would drive you to get personal? This is Rhetorical by the way. There really is no need to answer this. I know exactly what drives you. Your last sentence talks about maturity, well there is yours right there. Attack someone on a personal level on the basis of a difference of opinion. As for what I have going on at the moment, life couldn't be better and i have a lot going on thank you very much :grinning:

I know Sonny's perspective. I know about the bus drivers. i know that he dislikes greenberg because he came in and started running it like a business. I've watched all the interviews and all his comments. Have you been living under a rock? You must have missed them! As for walking in his shoes, that is just some excuse some people say when they have nothing...like when ugly people say "but i'ts whats on the inside that counts". you know why they say that? It is because you can't really measure it. LOL at my keyboard hero tweets, wtf are you? Seriously, does your lust for him delude you that much? Seriously, get a grip!!

Why is my difference of opinion so hard for you to handle? Am I not entitled to it? am I entitled not to share it? I am sorry Anna but you are the one showing your maturity here - I really had a lot more to say here but i will not stoop to your level. I am a very stubborn person. Fact. I will not support any team SBW plays for. FACT. I would hope that I get to support until I grow senile which probably isnt too far away.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why won't people just give up on this. There is no way that the anti Williams crew will convince the pro Williams crew to agree with their viewpoint or vice versa. If the club signs him then rejoice or be ****ty as is your entitlement but it's annoying that this dominates what should be a very positive off season when it won't really affect the club or it's fans until 2013.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So apparantly Des wants Sbw. Interesting huh....

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Massive massive news! I heard a rumour that there was a rumour about a rumour that Des wants SBW but SBW is rumoured to join the roosters but will break his contract and join the bulldogs, but Im not 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.