• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Des signing up and making numerous accounts on kennel to vote for himself??

Seriously other than 5 or 6 people , who are the rest making up the numbers in 31 votes for pro des camp so far?

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Seriously other than 5 or 6 people , who are the rest making up the numbers in 31 votes for pro des camp so far?
I havent voted yet

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you're too harsh tbh. 2013 and this year I think we'd have easily made top four. The club was in complete chaos in 2013 due to all the tensions with Barba. The roster was majorly divided and our X factor player from the year before was off the rails and not getting on with his teammates. No club would have made top 4 amidst that drama. We got closer than any other side would have. You only need to take one key player out of the souths line up and they fall apart. Our team handled our injury and suspension till this year better than other top teams would have.

2014 we didn't have a top four squad. We started great but lost momentum
During origin. We still managed to pick up our game and go on a run to a GF we might have won ifnor for Ennis and Kas being ruled out and Hodko and Rrynolds playing busted.

We have totally over achieved during two of Des' four seasons here and we have underachieved a little in two seasons due to unfortunate incidents which had a direct impact on our results. All clubs have to deal with a bit of bad luck and all
Teand have seasons that don't live up to expectations due to bad luck or other distractions which are taking place around the club.

No footy club is immune to this.

This year we missed top for on for and against and didn't have a chance to name our best side for a consistent period all season due to suspensions and injuries. Any team will struggle when it's lineup
Is changing so constantly and significantly from week to week.
We won a Title in 2004 after the 2003 rape scandal, We are supposed to be the club that thrives of adversity so I cant take infighting as an excuse.

Even when we have all our players back we dont look like a top tier team, everyone looks clueless and lethargic.

If its not Des then our side is just completely overrated and cant follow instructions or set plays.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time to move on the "genius" has brought 0 premierships I don't care how close he has come. We haven't looked like a genuine threat since the 2012 season where we had a dynamic attack and actually played football. Since then we have been stale and not lived up to the potential of this squad, the reality is most coaches would get these results with the talent of this squad and we need a fresh coach who can deliver

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We won a Title in 2004 after the 2003 rape scandal, We are supposed to be the club that thrives of adversity so I cant take infighting as an excuse.

Even when we have all our players back we dont look like a top tier team, everyone looks clueless and lethargic.

If its not Des then our side is just completely overrated and cant follow instructions or set plays.
2004 was completely different. Yes we were involved in a major scandal but in 2004 the scandal didn't really cause divisions within the playing group. In fact, 2004 probably united the playing group more. Distractions that effect the way the club gets on as a unit are always going to impact on performance.

Completely disagree with you about us not looking good at full strength. When Hodko found form for that one month period we looked great. Better than anyone besides the roosters). That's not to say we we're playing flash footy or playing attractive footy, but outside the roosters we were definitely starting to look like the bext most likely side to get it done.

We do need a better half. I really think that now as Mbye and Reynolds really haven't shown the ability to control a game. They are both players who want to be five eights. Playmakers perhaps but not organisers. For a few weeks there as Hodkobstarted playing well our game did start to look more halves oriented.

Having said that I can't blame the club for letting Hodko go either because he showed nothing for most of the season and when he started to show confidence and involve himself and back his body to stand up to the higher involvement that should be required of a halfback he got injured again. Hodko doesn't have the body for this game any more I don't think and I don't know if either Reynolds or Mbye have the temperament or inclination to work on becoming good organisational halves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Haha just because people on your side of the debate are more vocal right now doesn't mean you have majority support. Most dogs fans I talk to on the street don't think Des is perfect but think he's the best coach for us right now. Most of my mates who follow the dogs feel the same way. I think the number of fans not happy with Des is growing, but I still think across the whole fan base the pro des camp would have a bit of a majority.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We played average last year as well but had a good run in the finals which disguised how ordinary we were ,we have been ordinary this year as well and hopefully being bundled out like we have des wakes up and makes some changes in the way we play and picking players on form from now on ,hes given the plodders a free ride for too long

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Bulldogs don't win the comp in 2016 that would mean he has gone 5 years as our coach without winning a title. If that were to happen he should be sacked 100% no questions asked.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

We won the comp in 2004 because we had a side built on CHEATING lol, much like Bellamy did in 2012.

It's Haslers fault because it is his structures the team play to, but the team it self is massively overrated.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
he's been with us 1 year too long.. All a coach really needs to do is pick a team and get them to bond.. they know how to play footy..

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am not a Hasler supporter. I have not seen any real achievements since he has coached us. The biggest problem is that Hasler has not evolved with the times.
He has created this team and it is a team of under performers. Teams today need to be attacking teams, not 100% defensive, with no attack. Until there is a major change in the thinking, the club will remain with the also-rans.
The other problem is the development of the young guys. It is non existent. Guys like Chisholm, Frawley, Graham, Phillips, McInally, Fualolo, Essessee, etc, need to be given more of a chance.
He also has to stop rewarding mediocrity, like playing Williams and Perrett (2). Im looking forward to the cricket.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
2004 wasn't won coz we cheated the cap. We overpaid those players. We could of had the same team and not been over the cap.
Folkes was a crap coach, we should have won more than 1 comp with that squad we had. Just like Hasler he was given the benefit of the doubt. And he never delivered just like Hasler.

We were successful in the 80s coz Moore had the balls to make the hard calls and do what wss needed for victory.
Glossop was replaced few years after we won 80 premiership.
Warren Ryan was brought in and won us 2 premierships in 84 and 85 and made Gf 86 but was let go due to other issues
Gould came in 88 and won us Gf and few years later was given the door.
Anderson replaced him, finally won a GF in 95 then shown the door few years later.
If Moore was still here, Hasler would have been given the boot, we have to stop living off Haslers past success, we need a fresh new approach and new ideas. We can't do any worse, if we have learnt anything from last 4years, it would be that we can play crap boring, lack no direction etc and still make semis every year

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anti Des.
1) Nil player development.
2) Dated and ineffective game plans
3) Nil player accountability. Play shit, and retain your spot until you are injured
4) Poor fitness
5) Focus on gymmicks, rather than fundamentals
6) Poor recruitment and retention
7) Too obsessed with stats
8) That same voice the players hear in big games, is starting to get a bit old. No doubt players are starting to lose belief.
9) Plays Brian smith type mind games
10) Is a control freak.
11) Will never land a star players signature. The fact the Foran rejected him twice to improve his game under Brad Arthur speaks volumes.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I am still pro Des, but I wouldn't say I am a blind disciple. He definitely has his pros and cons.

I think he has really brought a positive culture to our club, and I don't think many coaches would have done as well as he has with the roster we have.

I know we have had disruptions, I know we were "meant" to have Hodko in our team all year. But pretty much every other top 8 team was missing a main playmaker and had a youngster slotting in somewhere. The coach has a big job in making sure these transitions happen seamlessly.

I think unless we see significant improvement next year, I think it will be time to move on. Next year will be his 5th year with us, and that is more than enough time to have completed stamped your authority on any team. I know we made 2 GF's, got a Minor Premiership... but really we did not look like winning either GF and simply being there isn't good enough.

Dymock will have learnt a crapload from being under Des and I don't think anyone will disagree with letting him have a crack. We would still have all of the snazzy tech Des brought, just with a fresh brain who might make some calls on the squad that the fans have been crying out for for years now.

We absolutely cannot get our 2 premierships by 2020 or whatever going like we are going.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I voted pro because when you look at it he has a good record. I hate the way we play though.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I am still pro Des, but I wouldn't say I am a blind disciple. He definitely has his pros and cons.

I think he has really brought a positive culture to our club, and I don't think many coaches would have done as well as he has with the roster we have.

I know we have had disruptions, I know we were "meant" to have Hodko in our team all year. But pretty much every other top 8 team was missing a main playmaker and had a youngster slotting in somewhere. The coach has a big job in making sure these transitions happen seamlessly.

I think unless we see significant improvement next year, I think it will be time to move on. Next year will be his 5th year with us, and that is more than enough time to have completed stamped your authority on any team. I know we made 2 GF's, got a Minor Premiership... but really we did not look like winning either GF and simply being there isn't good enough.

Dymock will have learnt a crapload from being under Des and I don't think anyone will disagree with letting him have a crack. We would still have all of the snazzy tech Des brought, just with a fresh brain who might make some calls on the squad that the fans have been crying out for for years now.

We absolutely cannot get our 2 premierships by 2020 or whatever going like we are going.
I agree with you Gareth, 100%, I'll wait till next year, but TBH I don't blame the anti Des here

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I voted for Des. No, we failed to win this year but realistically without Hodkinson it was going to be tough and the Roosters have been the best team for most of the year. 2015 was over for us pretty much on "Black Friday". It needed a miracle to get into the 4 and teams outside the 4 don't win the GF. Even the Roosters needed a second chance and that's what you get if you are in the 4.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I am Pro-choice.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anti Des.
1) Nil player development.
2) Dated and ineffective game plans
3) Nil player accountability. Play shit, and retain your spot until you are injured
4) Poor fitness

5) Focus on gymmicks, rather than fundamentals
6) Poor recruitment and retention
7) Too obsessed with stats
8) That same voice the players hear in big games, is starting to get a bit old. No doubt players are starting to lose belief.
9) Plays Brian smith type mind games
10) Is a control freak.
11) Will never land a star players signature. The fact the Foran rejected him twice to improve his game under Brad Arthur speaks volumes.
Agree with everything I've highlighted - Just not sure about the rest.

IMO the number of times we do it tough against or get beaten by the near the bottom sides on the ladder proves beyond doubt there is no focus or commitment in the side. That is a morale thing that comes from the top.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pro-Des (too a degree). There are many, many frustrating things about our team that can obviously be attributed to Des, but I still think he is the best choice at the moment. Must say though, **** we are so irritating to watch a lot of the time. I really don't know if that is completely Des' fault though. Our halves have been terrible basically all year, and it certainly isn't Des out there with the horrible kicking game. He also wasn't out there when we dropped the ball 9-10 times in the first half the other night. I'd say we also have just about the worst right hand side in both attack and defence in the comp. The fact that that we look so clunky 90% of the time has to rest on Des though. It shits me that he insists on not allowing our dummy-half to run, and it's frustrating that he refuses to drop certain players.
In saying all of that, we have made the finals 4 years in a row, making it to the grand final twice. And yes, i know that this means essentially nothing because we have yet to win the big one, but ****, we still came fifth this year, and with one more win throughout the year would have made top 4 so its not as dire as many people make it out to be. What I think really upsets a lot of us is how great we looked in 2012 and how average we have been since. Hopefully Abbey comes good in the future because as much as I love Bmoz he isn't the ball playing fullback we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.