Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nearly every coach we have had over the last 30 years has got us to a GF
So a winning culture has always existed, what makes it harder is lots of other teams have developed the same culture so it's not all our way
We have a very good roster but lack great halves, ever team that's won a vamp has stand out halves
Year in year out
And this year is no different, just pick the team with the best halves and there is your premiets for 2015

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are as boring as bat shit. Even my mates whom have no bias say we are so boring and why the fcuk does tolman touch it twice every set and get in the way of our halves.???

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I just want to be a consistent top 4 side again which hasn't happened since 01-04. We won the MP in 2012 and went on a 12 game win streak, there is no excuse that this team shouldn't be in the top 4 every year yet we are a borderline top 8 side.
I think you're too harsh tbh. 2013 and this year I think we'd have easily made top four. The club was in complete chaos in 2013 due to all the tensions with Barba. The roster was majorly divided and our X factor player from the year before was off the rails and not getting on with his teammates. No club would have made top 4 amidst that drama. We got closer than any other side would have. You only need to take one key player out of the souths line up and they fall apart. Our team handled our injury and suspension till this year better than other top teams would have.

2014 we didn't have a top four squad. We started great but lost momentum
During origin. We still managed to pick up our game and go on a run to a GF we might have won ifnor for Ennis and Kas being ruled out and Hodko and Rrynolds playing busted.

We have totally over achieved during two of Des' four seasons here and we have underachieved a little in two seasons due to unfortunate incidents which had a direct impact on our results. All clubs have to deal with a bit of bad luck and all
Teand have seasons that don't live up to expectations due to bad luck or other distractions which are taking place around the club.

No footy club is immune to this.

This year we missed top for on for and against and didn't have a chance to name our best side for a consistent period all season due to suspensions and injuries. Any team will struggle when it's lineup
Is changing so constantly and significantly from week to week.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let's bring Steve folkes back.. NOT but He did won a grand final with us!!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We are as boring as bat shit. Even my mates whom have no bias say we are so boring and why the fcuk does tolman touch it twice every set and get in the way of our halves.???
I'm fine playing a boring style so long as we can win with it. However hard our style is for you to watch it has helped us win some big games against opposition.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Like you all will care about what I think, but here goes.

I voted anti Des.

Being an outsider looking in, I think Des has a game plan & the players have to follow it to a T, no if's no buts.

He won't or isn't willing to allow the players to play their nature game. (maybe he loves the power)

Des seems to like complete structure in his teams.

Please be aware that this is just my opinion.
I don't think you said anything too controversial there. I'm in the pro Des camp and his controlling tendencies even frustrate me at times!

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I'm fine playing a boring style so long as we can win with it. However hard our style is for you to watch it has helped us win some big games against opposition.
doesn't mean much when you don't win the big gf. plus this year we hardly beat any top 8 teams.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Results may be a pass mark , however what we have become is a concern. On any given day we can have 40 put on us but a bottom 3 team or struggle to beat last by 2 or 4. We play ugly & are inconsistent. We look like premiers for 15min than spooners for 65min. Problem is 3 years of this is an issue. Yes we made the gf but really we had a weak draw and got flogged and same this year ends with a flogging. I have said it months ago. If des can adapt keep him if not let him go. He hasnt a we are going to be weaker nxt year whilst others get stronger. Time to play footy n screw science.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because that is what Des wants lol. It is that simple.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I somewhat agree but I was referring more to actual set plays or some form of attacking flair with depth in the outside backs. Giving it to tolman on the 4th every time in the opp 20 is not attacking and has not won us anything

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did we win any big games this year other than the bris game in bris
the rest we lost

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pro des as long as he signs a halves coach or signs 1 dominant half with a kicking game, that's all we been missing for 3 years...dominant play makers. Every team that wins a comp has a good halves pairing

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I'm pro des as long as he signs a halves coach or signs 1 dominant half with a kicking game, that's all we been missing for 3 years...dominant play makers. Every team that wins a comp has a good halves pairing
That's the thing des has his mind set on forwards Runing the game not the halfs our first 5 tackles are always one out and run that's it last takle kick great game plan

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Did we win any big games this year other than the bris game in bris
the rest we lost
How many teams did we even play at full strength this year though? We didn't beat many top sides, but we didn't play against many at full strength either. We almost beat the Cowboys despite having half our team out, went 1-1 against the Broncs, beat Melbourne (admittedly not at full strength. The only top
four team that finished with clear bragging rights over us is the Roosters and we would have got them
The second time we met in the regular season if not for a shocking start and JWH being a beast. We were also right in Friday's game until the refs turned the game on its head. We are clunky and frustrating at times but I've seen no evidence this year that we can't compete with top teams in big games.

The way we often struggle against minnows is frustrating and a concern to me though.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That's the thing des has his mind set on forwards Runing the game not the halfs our first 5 tackles are always one out and run that's it last takle kick great game plan
I don't think Dea has an issue with halves he just goes t have a lot of faith in our halves. I think he likes his hookers to do the basics but was more than happy to let Foran and DCE control games for Manly. If we can sign a half or two whom Des really believes in, our style will change. When Hodko started playing well this year, more and more of our gameplan started to revolve around him. Then he got injured. Was that kinda year. I think we'd have played a bit differently if Hodko had been fit for our finals run.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I somewhat agree but I was referring more to actual set plays or some form of attacking flair with depth in the outside backs. Giving it to tolman on the 4th every time in the opp 20 is not attacking and has not won us anything
I agree. I'm definitely not saying Des is perfect. Sometimes he frustrates the hell out of me too. The lead ghe put on Cook was abduteky ridiculous.

I still think despite his flaws he is currently the best coach for the job though.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
doesn't mean much when you don't win the big gf. plus this year we hardly beat any top 8 teams.
Seey post to Finchie. Not many top
Teams beat us at full strength this year. When we were at full strength and Hodko started finding form we started to look like we could best anybody. We are capable of beating any team with this coach if we are at or near full strength.

Rabbits can't even win a game with 1-2 key players out. We cover for injury better than most top sides.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I say if nothing changes with our structures next year, I think maybe its time we part ways. if they don't change next year, whos to say they will the year after.
Fair enough mate. I can definitely see your POV and understand your viewpoint. Seems like a pretty reasonable line of thinking.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
How many teams did we even play at full strength this year though? We didn't beat many top sides, but we didn't play against many at full strength either. We almost beat the Cowboys despite having half our team out, went 1-1 against the Broncs, beat Melbourne (admittedly not at full strength. The only top
four team that finished with clear bragging rights over us is the Roosters and we would have got them
The second time we met in the regular season if not for a shocking start and JWH being a beast. We were also right in Friday's game until the refs turned the game on its head. We are clunky and frustrating at times but I've seen no evidence this year that we can't compete with top teams in big games.

The way we often struggle against minnows is frustrating and a concern to me though.
sorry mate, but now you are only making excuses for our losing games. We Got nothing in the big games. at no point what so ever did the roosters line look in danger when we attacked it.
This game is run by results not what ifs. Picking pathetic players that lose us games and get targeted every week not dropping anyone is a joke, if it was any other team picking perrett or lafai we all would be laughing and joking at what losers that club is. but because its our team we full of excuses for them. soon as any work place accepts compliancy and are still rewarded for it, that place is gone.
Not having a go at you if it seems that way, just over making excuses for our team, they believe to much in their own hype yet they haven't really achieved anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.