Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pro des.
People complain about the way we play, but when it clicks, were devastating.
Our problem is ball security and discipline.
I seriously doubt des is telling them to drop the ball and give away penalties on the 4th and 5th ?
The thing about the 5th tackle options is that it looks like they have no idea what to do, Lots of experts and other people have brought this up over the past few years yet nothing has been done about it.

Everyone panics on the last, its like Des says play hot potato on the 5th and see what happens.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
The thing about the 5th tackle options is that it looks like they have no idea what to do, Lots of experts and other people have brought this up over the past few years yet nothing has been done about it.

Everyone panics on the last, its like Des says play hot potato on the 5th and see what happens.
If we had structure and a good game plan on the 4th and 5th no matter where the position on the field we would not
make these mistakes ala drop the ball, give away penalties in desperation etc.

The uncertainty at those time causes panic which result in 'what the fark we do now' and add libbing dosent cut for
a coach who is paid mega dollars to come up with some thing better than park football

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Very much pro Des, I think he is a very good coach.
I don’t think anyone expected such a good result in 2012; we were the best team that year so it was a shame not to win the premiership that year.
We have gone backwards since then finishing 6[SUP]th[/SUP], 7[SUP]th[/SUP] and 5[SUP]th[/SUP].
Frankly I can see is missing the eight next year as it looks like we will be going into next season with a weaker roster?
Hopefully some young blokes come on to add strength to the roster.
I read a huge amount of negative comments here about Reynolds, but he a good player makes a lot of line breaks and is very dangerous in attack. He had a disrupted season with injury and suspension so hopefully he comes out all guns blazing next year. His kicking game needs a lot of improvement.
Mybe? I was so pissed off when stories were around that Gold Coast and Melbourne wanted to sign him, but now I just don’t know.
He has a lot of talent but watching the last two months, his kicking game is nowhere and moving the team around the paddock? Hopefully Des can make him into a top class halfback.
Des passed on Sezer when he wanted to come back so he has to justify his faith in Mybe.
Also can we get some Rugby Union guys into the club over the off season to teach the guys how to throw a spiral pass for god sake? Tolman’s passes from dummy half are the worst I’ve ever seen

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Firmly in the pro Des camp. Some things about him frustrate me, I would like to see us playing more entertaining, enterprising footy at times and he is very stubborn and set in his ways. He isn't perfect. It frustrates me how he doesn't drop clearly out of sorts or past it players and I think his prejudice against good, attacking, creative dummy half play is hard to comprehend, especially given the fact our halves are currently sh1thouse.

I know Des used to frustrate Manly fans too. At the end of the day he delivered them two premierships and a lot of success.

People can say what they like about Des' ugly style but it IS competitive. We were right in the fight and one try a piece with the minor premiers who had won 12 straight prior to last week until a series of bad decisions really turned the game on its head. We won six straight ourselves prior to friday and good teams don't win six straight (whether some of the wins are ugly or not)

We are capable of beating any team in the comp on our day and I think we have a chance of winning a premiership sooner by persisting with Des rather than looking elsewhere and staring over.

Des has done more for this team and has also had more difficulties to deal with than some of you will acknowledge.

This sack the coach mentality is not the mentality a successful club has I don't think. The clubs who sack their coaches most often (Wests Tigers etc) tend to be the crapper sides in the comp. Good clubs know when to stick with their coach.

Anyway, Elmo could be our f*cking coach and it wouldn't matter right now because we are not beating treated fairly by refs or the administration. I'm still thinking of sacking the NRL. Sack Des is a long way from my mind.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fkn lol @ Elmo.

Is he available? Lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Des has to take responsibility for our halves pathetic performances, no game plan, our 5th tackle dumb as shiit plays, making our forwards fat and lazy, not keeping up with the changing times where speed of play is every thing, keeping trex and getting rid of Tank, etc etc.

Pro Des camp still cant explain me the above.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NBD is on this thread, now all you pro des camp is fcked!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'll be pro-Des if he manages to win a GF with us.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Firmly in the pro Des camp. Some things about him frustrate me, I would like to see us playing more entertaining, enterprising footy at times and he is very stubborn and set in his ways. He isn't perfect. It frustrates me how he doesn't drop clearly out of sorts or past it players and I think his prejudice against good, attacking, creative dummy half play is hard to comprehend, especially given the fact our halves are currently sh1thouse.

I know Des used to frustrate Manly fans too. At the end of the day he delivered them two premierships and a lot of success.

People can say what they like about Des' ugly style but it IS competitive. We were right in the fight and one try a piece with the minor premiers who had won 12 straight prior to last week until a series of bad decisions really turned the game on its head. We won six straight ourselves prior to friday and good teams don't win six straight (whether some of the wins are ugly or not)

We are capable of beating any team in the comp on our day and I think we have a chance of winning a premiership sooner by persisting with Des rather than looking elsewhere and staring over.

Des has done more for this team and has also had more difficulties to deal with than some of you will acknowledge.

This sack the coach mentality is not the mentality a successful club has I don't think. The clubs who sack their coaches most often (Wests Tigers etc) tend to be the crapper sides in the comp. Good clubs know when to stick with their coach.

Anyway, Elmo could be our f*cking coach and it wouldn't matter right now because we are not beating treated fairly by refs or the administration. I'm still thinking of sacking the NRL. Sack Des is a long way from my mind.

So Des is going into his 5th year with the club now, How long until we move on?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh no, I guess I'll be retracting my statmend and reversing my position on this now.... NOT! Haha.

he will argue with you till you beg for his mercy, he still wont let you die in peace.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So Des is going into his 5th year with the club now, How long until we move on?
Not really sure about that yet, but it's definitely too premature right now IMO. I'll be in the support Des camp until I'm
convinced he can't lead us to a premiership I guess. I still think he is capable of coaching us to a premiership.....

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
he will argue with you till you beg for his mercy, he still wont let you die in peace.
Haha probably not. He knows he won't get an angry and entertaining overreaction from me :grinning:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just want to be a consistent top 4 side again which hasn't happened since 01-04. We won the MP in 2012 and went on a 12 game win streak, there is no excuse that this team shouldn't be in the top 4 every year yet we are a borderline top 8 side.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Not really sure about that yet, but it's definitely too premature right now IMO. I'll be in the support Des camp until I'm
convinced he can't lead us to a premiership I guess. I still think he is capable of coaching us to a premiership.....
I say if nothing changes with our structures next year, I think maybe its time we part ways. if they don't change next year, whos to say they will the year after.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha probably not. He knows he won't get an angry and entertaining overreaction from me :grinning:
He will come for you , and he will find you and he will make you angry...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like you all will care about what I think, but here goes.

I voted anti Des.

Being an outsider looking in, I think Des has a game plan & the players have to follow it to a T, no if's no buts.

He won't or isn't willing to allow the players to play their nature game. (maybe he loves the power)

Des seems to like complete structure in his teams.

Please be aware that this is just my opinion.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm just wondering whether or not coach Des Hasler might be forced into a rethink on the way his team plays football and the types of players he employs. The forward-dominated play, which has served them so well, is looking a little tired.
I have reservations around the contribution levels of the two halves. Five-eighth Josh Reynolds is a feisty competitor. However, he contributes little on the score of playmaking or creativity. Halfback Moses Mbye is a young player of tremendous potential, but at this stage is not commanding anywhere near enough of the ball.
My major concern for the Bulldogs is with their kicking game. It's not long enough, accurate enough or varied enough. Not to mention the fact that with the loss of Trent Hodkinson they are now lacking a genuine goalkicker.
On Friday night we also witnessed that, man for man, the Rooster players just looked a yard or two quicker. The Bulldog forwards are big and willing, but they tend to lumber along at half-pace when going about their work. By comparison, the Rooster forwards do everything at top speed. Over the course of the 80minutes you could see what effect this was having on the game.
Anyway, Des Hasler is one of the best coaches of the modern era. I'm sure he'll work it out.
Above is a quote from Phil Gould, normally i don't listen to him that much but i think this time he has 100% nailed it. For the record i'm Pro-Des but i gotta say i'm very worried about next season with reynolds and ben roberts 2.0 in the halves. Who the hell is going to kick goals next season? That's a massive concern!

Status
Not open for further replies.