Des Hasler to meet with frustrated Canterbury Bulldogs fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Tell Des. The fans KNOW this season is a write off. Lets just try be entertaining. Play players in their 2018 position and give us something to potentially look forward to
Do my best mate!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep. I'm in.
With all due respect, I'm not surprised you got picked.. I have a feeling they are trying create a sterile environment with people who aren't going to ask the real hard hitting questions..

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
300 doggies fans lol, youd want to put the alarm and club lock on the car before you went in, and remove any valuables!

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
300 doggies fans lol, youd want to put the alarm and club lock on the car before you went in, and remove any valuables!
Yea well maybe they should hold the meeting at parramatta. Nothing worth stealing from there

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
With all due respect, I'm not surprised you got picked.. I have a feeling they are trying create a sterile environment with people who aren't going to ask the real hard hitting questions..
Ah so you know me do you? Be a bit hard seeing as you don't go to any games. Did the thought seep into your little brain that it is an automated process and so the first 300 got in? So you really think there are little squirrels inside the big machine filtering through applications? Says a lot about you doesn't it. Just adjust that lovely tinfoil hat a little to the left I think the aliens are aiming right at you.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ah so you know me do you? Be a bit hard seeing as you don't go to any games. Did the thought seep into your little brain that it is an automated process and so the first 300 got in? So you really think there are little squirrels inside the big machine filtering through applications? Says a lot about you doesn't it. Just adjust that lovely tinfoil hat a little to the left I think the aliens are aiming right at you.
Well said BUT, Careful OD, you could be sin binned for abuse! 8-)

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Resorting to name calling whilst some is try to have a discussion with you, says a lot about you so thanks for sharing.. I was not having a go at you , I respect everyone's opinion on the matter.. I was purely trying to suggest that a club that's in damage control is not going to let some of the real difficult questions through the net.. and considering your defence of the club for the most part, I assumed your question would be easily handled by the club.. if you think a thing like screening doesn't happen in the corporate world, then maybe you should start wearing tinfoil hats ... have a great long weekend [emoji3]

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well said BUT, Careful OD, you could be sin binned for abuse! 8-)
I'm not a moderator to protect myself from abuse , but when people aren't intelligent enough to have conversations with out abusing other members , then yes I will delete that comment ,,, and after enough warnings I will ban that member.. have a great long weekend [emoji3]

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tell Des. The fans KNOW this season is a write off. Lets just try be entertaining. Play players in their 2018 position and give us something to potentially look forward to
This is the best type of question. It lets them know fans see them as a failure

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'll be there I need to vent at someone and Des will cop a gobfull!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Resorting to name calling whilst some is try to have a discussion with you, says a lot about you so thanks for sharing.. I was not having a go at you , I respect everyone's opinion on the matter.. I was purely trying to suggest that a club that's in damage control is not going to let some of the real difficult questions through the net.. and considering your defence of the club for the most part, I assumed your question would be easily handled by the club.. if you think a thing like screening doesn't happen in the corporate world, then maybe you should start wearing tinfoil hats ... have a great long weekend [emoji3]
Anyone who starts a comment 'with all due respect' really means they have none for you - and yes I learned that in the corporate world. You then go on to infer that I was somehow hand picked to go on tuesday because I am some sort of closet admirer/protector of the club. They don't know me (any more than you do) and I don't know them. Just because I can see things with a bit of maturity instead of childish expletive driven babble doesn't make me a sycophant. There are 2 things I've held onto strongly for decades, my integrity and my ethics. If you call either of those into question expect a strong response. As for the actual questions themselves, no-one should be under any illusion, every question that is put to them beyond what is the meaning of life will be handled relatively easily because unsurprisingly they know what the problems are just as much, if not more than we do. I'm going in the expectation to get a more open and honest explanation of what our problems are and where we are heading rather than just waste my time telling them I am unhappy. They already know that.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
because unsurprisingly they know what the problems are just as much, if not more than we do.
Do you actually believe that?

Hasler has been stubborn for 5 years and not changed tact. You sure he knows what the problem is? Because his actions certainly suggest otherwise

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought Paul Osborne didn't live out that way.

Paul Osborne, the chief executive of the Parramatta Eels rugby league team, said he was "extremely embarrassed" to have received an infringement notice for shoplifting after he forgot to pay for groceries at his local Woolworths store in the city's north-western suburbs.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-chiefs-shoplifting-slipup-20100623-yygu.html

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You think that's bad put 300 of us together with the amount of garlic half us ***** eat and there's some pure toxic farts going on

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you actually believe that?

Hasler has been stubborn for 5 years and not changed tact. You sure he knows what the problem is? Because his actions certainly suggest otherwise
Yes I do. Say what you like about the tactics he uses, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know what the problems are. He knows more about footy at this level than any of us by a long shot. The difference is that we get to make comments without value and he is accountable for everything he does and says. The first goal for every coach each year is to get the team to the semis, the second to the top 4 and the final one to the premiership. He has got us to the first goal every year and within a whisker of the final one twice. Given the recruitment/cap/ development/aging of his roster its not surprising that he sticks with the same basic plan with a few tweaks. I also think that the change in recruitment (and decruitment) is aimed at changing our playing style next year. I don't think there is any doubt that he just like all other coaches would love to play free flowing end to end footy every week, but they all know it carries risks and you have to have the players to do it and we really don't have those players in our squad.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I do. Say what you like about the tactics he uses, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know what the problems are. He knows more about footy at this level than any of us by a long shot. The difference is that we get to make comments without value and he is accountable for everything he does and says. The first goal for every coach each year is to get the team to the semis, the second to the top 4 and the final one to the premiership. He has got us to the first goal every year and within a whisker of the final one twice. Given the recruitment/cap/ development/aging of his roster its not surprising that he sticks with the same basic plan with a few tweaks. I also think that the change in recruitment (and decruitment) is aimed at changing our playing style next year. I don't think there is any doubt that he just like all other coaches would love to play free flowing end to end footy every week, but they all know it carries risks and you have to have the players to do it and we really don't have those players in our squad.
Aging roster and only tweeks here and there?

Then why has he resigned Eastwood hopoate kasiano Holland?

He clearly had intentions to stick to the same style

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Aging roster and only tweeks here and there?

Then why has he resigned Eastwood hopoate kasiano Holland?

He clearly had intentions to stick to the same style
Holland is just stocking filler for 2 bob so that's not an issue, Hoppa is a top class footballer who I am pleased we have re-signed. While I would offer to drive the other 2 to whatever club they want to go to, Kas was re-signed a couple of years ago as a 24 year old I think and at the time was putting in much better than he is now. He may have even been in the Kiwi team at that stage so then (as opposed to now) I could cop that. Re-signing Eastwood though, if the reported amounts are correct does my head in, given the way Des plays him. I could kind of see him as a bench prop but that would see us with 5 of them in the team and that really throws the balance out. I agree that the style we play is just not even close to effective now and hasn't been for a couple of years but all the players you mention have been there before that time. Even now there are still some on here who think we should keep Kas and I get the whole rather have him running with us rather than at us thing but fair dinkum I think our defence can handle more than 2 big charges a game without leaking points. Bottom line is that (and it is Des' fault) we are stuck with the players we have and we don't have any genuine game breakers so we have to keep playing it this year at least. You know I would be happy if we just went back to basics, with the big fellas just running hard and straight and Mbye/Hoppa/Reynolds going with them. Then with the last 3 tackles stand a bit deeper and get the ball out to the fringes and let the backs have a dig. It can't be worse than what we are doing now and we could use a couple of the young blokes in the forwards as battering rams and flick the non-performers.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Holland is just stocking filler for 2 bob so that's not an issue, Hoppa is a top class footballer who I am pleased we have re-signed. While I would offer to drive the other 2 to whatever club they want to go to, Kas was re-signed a couple of years ago as a 24 year old I think and at the time was putting in much better than he is now. He may have even been in the Kiwi team at that stage so then (as opposed to now) I could cop that. Re-signing Eastwood though, if the reported amounts are correct does my head in, given the way Des plays him. I could kind of see him as a bench prop but that would see us with 5 of them in the team and that really throws the balance out. I agree that the style we play is just not even close to effective now and hasn't been for a couple of years but all the players you mention have been there before that time. Even now there are still some on here who think we should keep Kas and I get the whole rather have him running with us rather than at us thing but fair dinkum I think our defence can handle more than 2 big charges a game without leaking points. Bottom line is that (and it is Des' fault) we are stuck with the players we have and we don't have any genuine game breakers so we have to keep playing it this year at least. You know I would be happy if we just went back to basics, with the big fellas just running hard and straight and Mbye/Hoppa/Reynolds going with them. Then with the last 3 tackles stand a bit deeper and get the ball out to the fringes and let the backs have a dig. It can't be worse than what we are doing now and we could use a couple of the young blokes in the forwards as battering rams and flick the non-performers.
Well said OD, good constructive post.....you are way more patient than I am lol

Status
Not open for further replies.