Des Hasler Joins Bulldogs - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
F*ck yeah, hope Dymock stays on with some sort of Coaching role.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is brilliant! at first I was a bit disappointed but now I understand. Toddy knew all along what he was doing, nobody has been announced for 2012. would not surprise me if manly just let him go now. massive disruption for them more so then us. as for the stewart brothers. they're both grubs and don't want them. we have barba at FB and enough second rowers. t-Rex, I wudnt really lik him. no where to play him. only player I Want is foran. 2012 will not be a write off. the dogs would have told Jimmy wat was going on. if he's coach for nex year he signed knowing wat the dogs were planning. also nex year everyone will be on notice. everyone will perform to prove to DES they wanna play for him.

wat I was thinking was though, we sign DES for 3 years with Dymock as an assistant. Could it be todds plan that Dymock learns from Hasler then takes over once the deal is up?

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Could it be todds plan that Dymock learns from Hasler then takes over once the deal is up?
that would be the ideal

if the signing is true, just hope jim stays and learns from des as much as he can.

i don't see des staying on past a 3 year contract for long, if at all. so jim can learn plenty in that time and then pick up the reins when des heads off into the sunset

:grinning:

C

Ceagle

your lot should be fine. might take a couple of years, with new coach and players leaving and what not, but i can't see too much that needs drastic attention. typical of our comp with the salary cap set up we have at the moment.
just keep them M.D. real estate deals (and all the other cap cheating options commonly used by the top clubs) coming for the players (just like M.D. did so well for years leading into the 2007/2008 seasons) and you'll be sweet
;)
Apparently the club has been preparing for this day, they said that Toovey has been groomed for the role for a while now. I think the transition will be pretty seamless imo. If we lose Crusher though, our long term future is farked.

And if our club take the turn for the worst and is down the ****ter in 4 years time, hopefully Des can comeback and rebuild the team.

CLOVER DOG

Waterboy
Reaction score
so no word on Crusher.........yet. He is key. Has done a great job everywhere he has been.

I feel bad for Jimmy but I guess he now has a chance to impress and show the other clubs that he is a great coach. Would be good if the Dogs kept him around but would he really want to step back for 3 years to be an assistant again?

Regardless, heres hoping for a big 2012!!

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Apparently the club has been preparing for this day, they said that Toovey has been groomed for the role for a while now. I think the transition will be pretty seamless imo. If we lose Crusher though, our long term future is farked.

And if our club take the turn for the worst and is down the ****ter in 4 years time, hopefully Des can comeback and rebuild the team.
i imagine they have been preparing for it for some time. it should be expected from a club as successful as manly i guess.

agreed things might go a bit pear shaped if you lose cleal. we just lost mulholland to bennett at the knights who has been doing some good work for us. some of our juniors are only now starting to push through after a few years of bugger all in our development ranks.

edit: having said that, we've had plenty of juniors poached and gone elswhere over recent years. such is the way the game is these days

we've had a few terrible years with mismanagement in alot of areas in our once proud and successful club. greenberg is gradually righting the ship. he's had alot of work to do, but we seem to have a good team of people in place to get things right again, so we don't need to look outside as much as we've had to over recent years. pretty much all of us can't wait for those days to come. if des is coming to the bulldogs, he will fast track that process.

i'm sure des will head back to brookvale once he's done his sojourn. he may even try a 3rd club to really test himself before heading back to manly.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He'll get them fit and angry, 2 aspects which have been absent for years now. JD should be patient, learn under a premiership winning coach and hopefully take over in 4 years.

WestieDog

Zambuck
Reaction score
Gutted for Jim, but there aren't a glut of First Grade gigs around.

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
None off dis matters da world will end 2012

P

Paint.

The only teams I can see searching for a new coach in the near future are Canberra, Roosters, Sharks and Warriors.

Good luck Jimmy! :D

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
Do not want any of the Stewart brothers, although Foran and T-rex will be nice

Imagine the big hits with Kasiano, Pritchard, Williams, Eastwood, Taupau etc!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sure it wont be a bad thing having Des as a coach. But it might ruin 2012 a bit. Why would JD bust his gut coz even if we win the premiership, he would be gone. Would be the weirdest thing in NRL history if we won the comp and sacked the coach or demoted him. Am i the only one who thinks this is not ideal?

I still think JD could have given it a good shake, or at least a trial and shop later next year if he fails. I also dont like Hasler at this time. I spent years booing him playing for Manly. JD went ok the short time we got to see it.

Point is that we should have signed a new coach from this offseason onwards, and given JD a shot at cementing his spot if we go well before shopping for someone else, if we couldnt get someone to start now. The current setup with JD coaching with no future in 2012 and a new coach already signed for 2013, is BS and wrong.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
lets say hypothetically that Manly believe it will be detrimental to their club to hold on to hasler for the 2012 season as it would be seen as a wasted year and they might as well start building for their future and minimize the risk of loosing key players in current line up:

1) had dymock been guaranteed a contract for 2012 i.e. is this definite?
2) what does des do for the year in this case

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Paul Kent is an idiot, he could look at the smile at Luna park and think it was quivering with fear.

The Hickstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
its great news that des has possibly signed wif the dogs. but isnt it wrong for us to get overwhelmed that des will win us a comp possibly in 2012 or 2013. wat about if he doesnt win a comp. wat about if we fail to achieve a top 8 spot. wat would the fans think of this. are we all going to say sack him cause he hasnt won a premiership or a top 8 spot. i certaintly wouldnt and i know most loyal bulldogs supporters wouldnt but we should respect des decision to come here to belmore. and we will follow him and support him during his time here at belmore. he will set goals for club(not business side of things more like players side of things) (just my opinions). atm from wat im reading on here we are placing high exceptions on des from the fans. we all know wat he can achieve for us. but its not easy coaching a new club in their 1st year. but apart from all this I am would be happy to have him at belmore but i wont expect to many things probably to make the 8. but des will have big job ahead of him. also doubt dogs will sign another player considering the money thats being thrown at des.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.