Des Hasler Joins Bulldogs - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sure it wont be a bad thing having Des as a coach. But it might ruin 2012 a bit. Why would JD bust his gut coz even if we win the premiership, he would be gone. Would be the weirdest thing in NRL history if we won the comp and sacked the coach or demoted him. Am i the only one who thinks this is not ideal?

I still think JD could have given it a good shake, or at least a trial and shop later next year if he fails. I also dont like Hasler at this time. I spent years booing him playing for Manly. JD went ok the short time we got to see it.

Point is that we should have signed a new coach from this offseason onwards, and given JD a shot at cementing his spot if we go well before shopping for someone else, if we couldnt get someone to start now. The current setup with JD coaching with no future in 2012 and a new coach already signed for 2013, is BS and wrong.
At the end of the day, it was either sign up Hasler NOW or let him pass to give JD a go and hope he went well. Right now, we can't afford to take that risk. Let's be realistic here; is JD going to win us the comp? No. I doubt hes even going to get us into the top 4 and maybe even 8 for that matter. If the Dogs let this opportunity up I would've been filthy. We have learned from our mistakes with the Moore situation and I believe it was 100% the right thing we do. What has JD really done to earn the job? Our play was unconvincing to say the least and just because he has 'served his time' as assistant coach, in no way does it merit the top job straight away.

Also, whats to say that JD doesn't completely agree with this? In fact, what if we hadn't of signed Hasler and JD completely failed? Where would that leave us and JD? We would be exactly where we were a month ago and JD's career is over. With Hasler we now have an established coach and more importantly a plan for the future. Dymock can now learn off on of the best coaches in the league and once Hasler leaves, JD would now be an experienced and more mature coach.

For once, we aren't relying on 'hope' or 'what if's'. Ffs it's time to take action and hire the best coach we can possibly get. Well done Greenberg and well done the Board. Can't wait for Des.

Bring it on!

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
lets say hypothetically that Manly believe it will be detrimental to their club to hold on to hasler for the 2012 season as it would be seen as a wasted year and they might as well start building for their future and minimize the risk of loosing key players in current line up:

1) had dymock been guaranteed a contract for 2012 i.e. is this definite?
2) what does des do for the year in this case
Highly doubt he would've been signed with Greenberg trying this whole time to get Des for 2012.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
Highly doubt he would've been signed with Greenberg trying this whole time to get Des for 2012.
good point. interesting times ahead!!! lets hope that manly board realize it is not in their best interests to keep des for the season. I would love to get the ball rolling on this.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Jim Dymock is signed up for next year.

He will be an assistant coach at the very least if he misses out on the coaching position for 2012.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim Dymock apparently (latest media article) will be happy to step down to assist Hasler if Manly boot Hasler for 2012

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To all of the people crazily suggesting that if Dymock is coach for 2012 and Hasler for 2013 that Dymock will "pack it in" because he has "no motivation" or has been shafted just think about things for one second....

Why on earth would Dymock not have motivation? Why would he risk losing any chance of an NRL or ESL First Grade coaching career in the future by not giving his all and trying his hardest to get the best results possible to prove to possible employers that he is worthy of a job and can coach? Honestly, just think about that for one second. How is that not motivation?

Do you think he's just going to have a hissy fit and tank the season because he won't be coach in 2013? Of course not! If he did he'd be committing career suicide as no one would hire him as a FG coach. I honestly don't know what some people on here are thinking at times.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To all of the people crazily suggesting that if Dymock is coach for 2012 and Hasler for 2013 that Dymock will "pack it in" because he has "no motivation" or has been shafted just think about things for one second....

Why on earth would Dymock not have motivation? Why would he risk losing any chance of an NRL or ESL First Grade coaching career in the future by not giving his all and trying his hardest to get the best results possible to prove to possible employers that he is worthy of a job and can coach? Honestly, just think about that for one second. How is that not motivation?

Do you think he's just going to have a hissy fit and tank the season because he won't be coach in 2013? Of course not! If he did he'd be committing career suicide as no one would hire him as a FG coach. I honestly don't know what some people on here are thinking at times.
This, and what's to say Hasler will stay after the three years? It'd be in Dymock's favour to one show his quality for next year and then have a proper apprenticeship under a recognised and distinguished FG coach, he wasn't even an assistant coach back when Folkes was leading the 2004-2006 side, the only person he was under was Moore and its say to safe he wouldn't have learnt much since Moore was practically in the same boat as him (Both rookie coaches).

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
I just want Jim to teach the players how to play for the jersey. Before the turn of the century Canterbury used to bring players through, and on the way, they'd drum in that unique culture we had. By the time they got that first grade jersey, they were ready to die for the club. This is what wins you premierships. But times change and I just hope that whoever is coach they try to give us that back.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would imagine when they signed Dymock they would have told him they are still chasing Desmond hard.

Whatever happens next season, Dymock will see it as the opportunity to show what he has to offer. As a few others said, do you think he would just sulk and not try his best?

If Desmond ends up coming here next year does this mean we are paying massive coin for our coaching staff? Desmond's 1 Mil as well as Dymock's 200-300k or whatever he is on. They would want to perform!

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
is there really a lot of money to be made from premierships from a business point of view?

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Paul Kent is an idiot, he could look at the smile at Luna park and think it was quivering with fear.
no need to be nice about it. may as well do a full, open and honest analysis of the sensationalist media hack :p

its great news that des has possibly signed wif the dogs. but isnt it wrong for us to get overwhelmed that des will win us a comp possibly in 2012 or 2013. wat about if he doesnt win a comp. wat about if we fail to achieve a top 8 spot. wat would the fans think of this. are we all going to say sack him cause he hasnt won a premiership or a top 8 spot. i certaintly wouldnt and i know most loyal bulldogs supporters wouldnt but we should respect des decision to come here to belmore. and we will follow him and support him during his time here at belmore. he will set goals for club(not business side of things more like players side of things) (just my opinions). atm from wat im reading on here we are placing high exceptions on des from the fans. we all know wat he can achieve for us. but its not easy coaching a new club in their 1st year. but apart from all this I am would be happy to have him at belmore but i wont expect to many things probably to make the 8. but des will have big job ahead of him. also doubt dogs will sign another player considering the money thats being thrown at des.
i'd just be happy to have des fast track our football operations so we can be the powerhouse we once were. even if it means we don't get a title until until the year after he leaves, say with dymock, that'll do me. at least we'll be set up for the future then

is there really a lot of money to be made from premierships from a business point of view?
absolutely - sponsors and members. the money for winning is nothing to sneeze at either :grinning:

anfo

Waterboy
Reaction score
10 am press conferece according to greenburgs twitter

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Hopefully Manly release Des soon.
Hasler coach 2012
Dymock Assistant Coach 2012
This would be the ideal outcome.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sea Eagles faithful can only wonder how title-winning coach was allowed to get away

WHEN Des Hasler channelled his inner Jerry Maguire and told a roomful of Manly figures to ''show him the money'' at Le Kiosk on Thursday, nobody chuckled louder than those charged with retaining him.

Given that Hasler went into the 2011 season on a contract worth just $450,000, it's little wonder he wanted a new deal that reflected his status as a dual premiership winner.

Until yesterday morning, Sea Eagles officials believed they had delivered it - a rich three-year extension. The base contract alone was worth just under double what he was on, but with performance clauses Hasler stood to earn more than a $1 million next year if he could guide his side to back-to-back titles. No clipboard holder, with the exception of Wayne Bennett, can command more.

On Tuesday night, chairman Scott Penn and Phil Sidney from the club's other major stakeholder, Quantum, believed they had their man. They met Hasler earlier in the day, and had reached his asking price. They were under the impression that it was a done deal. Only the finer details needed to be thrashed out, and it was expected Hasler would meet them yesterday or today, ballpoint in hand, to sign the deal.

Unbeknown to all on the northern beaches, however, the Bulldogs were at work. In a stunning twist, Canterbury officials snuck under Manly's guard, and the 49-year-old will head to Belmore in 2013 - even earlier if the Sea Eagles decide his position is now untenable. So how did Manly let Hasler slip from their grasp?

When former CEO Graham Lowe stepped down for health reasons, a subcommittee was formed to negotiate Hasler's contract extension. It comprised Penn, Damian Smith from the Leagues Club board and Quantum's Drew Townsend. Hasler had signed on for next season but held off on a longer-term deal. As the months rolled on, Manly's star - and Hasler's asking price - soared. As one official lamented yesterday: ''We could have got him for $600,000 three months ago.'' Meanwhile, newly appointed chief operating officer, David Perry, was grappling with other pressing issues, including the fallout from DonnyBrookvale and Zorbagate, and delivering to the board a long-term strategic plan in an attempt to stem the club's losses.

It can be revealed that as far back as April 21, a Sea Eagles board meeting resolved that Hasler's contract should be extended until the end of 2014. ''Why that wasn't acted upon, you'll probably get different stories,'' an insider said.

Throughout the Hasler retention process, Bob Reilly's position has been unequivocal. The chairman of the Manly district and leagues club - which owns 22 per cent of the entire organisation - has pushed for Hasler's retention to be top priority. He made his stance public on September 23 when he sent out an email to his 22,000 members which stated: '' support the extension of Des Hasler's contract to coach the Sea Eagles.''

Asked yesterday why the deal never eventuated, Reilly said: ''You would have to ask the chairman. He's been the only [one] that seems to have been in dialogue with the coach.''

Penn, who met yesterday with federal Opposition Leader Tony Abbott to discuss funding for Brookvale Oval, was unavailable for comment.

Bulldogs officials and their Manly counterparts could not be contacted last night, although Canterbury are expected to make an official announcement today. The timing allowed Hasler to explain his decision to his players, staff and the board at the club's awards night at Miramare Gardens at Terrey Hills last night.

According to Manly's official Twitter page, Hasler told the crowd last night: ''2011 will be forever remembered as the year of the Sea Eagles, wouldn't it be great to do back to back.''

Asked if Hasler could coach the Sea Eagles after pledging his allegiance elsewhere, Lowe said: ''That's totally down to Des and the club, but if there is going to be a change … it's probably better sooner than later.''

Former Manly co-owner Max Delmege said: ''Des is entitled to go where he wants to go. He's been great for Manly, he's the coach that's got us to three grand finals, we've won two premierships, and I couldn't thank him any more.''

Despite the news, TAB Sportsbet retained Manly as $7 favourites for next year's title.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...to-get-away-20111007-1ldki.html#ixzz1a8W9E6mt

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Des Hasler was fed up with Manly's internal power games

IT started at the end of the last season. Only two years after winning a premiership, Des Hasler felt there were forces within the club who wanted him out.

He had been one of the most successful coaches in the club's history, yet he could sense the knives were being sharpened.

Hasler stored it in the memory bank and went about his work. In April, he watched Wayne Bennett receive the richest contract in coaching history when he decided to join Nathan Tinkler at Newcastle next season. It is believed Bennett has the potential to earn up to $2.5 million a season at the Knights.

Over the past six years, not even Bennett can match Hasler, whose coaching record earned him a reputation as one of the best in the game. Now he wanted to be paid like one. Hasler is a driven coach with a love for Manly, but he also knows his own worth.

No doubt, he took note when Tinkler layered Bennett's pockets with cash. Suddenly the coaching market was vastly inflated. Hasler was scheduled to earn $400,000 this season _ he received a bonus of $50,000 for winning the premiership _ but that is less than half what Bennett will be on next season.

The club had already begun talks over an extension but the parties were some distance apart. At the end of June, Hasler's option for next season rolled over. He was committed for 2012 but no longer than that. In the background, the politicking at Manly continued unabated.

Chairman Scott Penn has a majority share but a minority say at board level even though he tips in the bulk of the money. He was negotiating with Hasler but answerable to a sub-committee. As one club official noted yesterday: "You can't run a football club by committee."

Then the month of September arrived and the landscape changed. The Bulldogs had already approached Hasler to become their coach in 2013 but Manly only became aware of their rivals' interest when it appeared in the media.

The Bulldogs were offering big money. If that wasn't enough, Manly made the shock decision to exile one of Hasler's closest confidantes and friends, media manager Peter Peters.

Peters had fallen out with, among others, chief executive David Perry, the man hand-picked by the board to improve the club's bottom line.

Hasler had lost one of his most powerful allies. It was the most significant shift in the coaching sands. Moves were being made to water down Hasler's powers. It's the sort of thing he won't stand for, something Peters alluded to in a column he wrote on The Manly Daily website yesterday.

"The players love him, his staff revere him and the fans will cry if he leaves," Peters wrote.

"But as I know first-hand, nothing is forever. I can believe that Dessie is now on a hiding to nothing. He has climbed Everest twice in five years and to do it again would be akin to walking up the hill at The Spit. He lives his life with new challenges and in his own words he is a control freak. I figure he has looked around him at Manly and decided it's time to move on."

The Weekend Australian spoke to Penn on Thursday night and there was concern in his voice as he spoke about a planned meeting with Hasler the next day. There were rumours the Bulldogs had significantly upped their offer from the previously reported $750,000 a season but last night it was actually Manly which increased its bid considerably.

Hasler stood to earn more than $1 million a season if he stayed at Manly, placing him alongside Bennett and Melbourne's Craig Bellamy as the highest paid coaches in the game. Given his recent record, Hasler had every right to feel it was deserved. But rather than stay where he was comfortable, he opted for a new challenge.

Sea Eagles officials insist he will be at the club in 2012 but he will be gone a year later. Assistant Geoff Toovey is the man most likely to take over, although there will be a push for NSW coach Ricky Stuart, whose deal with the Blues ends next season.

Whoever replaces Hasler faces a massive challenge. As Peters noted yesterday: "If he does go it will be the biggest explosion to hit the club since Bob Fulton left the club for the Roosters straight after the 1976 grand final."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...rnal-power-games/story-e6frg7mf-1226161616786

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Geoff Toovey backed for Manly after Des Hasler defection

MANLY powerbrokers last night backed Geoff Toovey to become the next coach of the club after Des Hasler - the man who had guided the Sea Eagles to their eighth premiership only six days ago - informed stunned officials he would join Canterbury in 2013.

Hasler had been locked in talks with Manly over a contract extension for months but they were gazumped by a big-money bid from the Bulldogs, which is believed to be worth upwards of $750,000 a season. Even a late offer by Manly, which would have resulted in Hasler having the potential to earn in excess of $1 million, couldn't convince the coach to extend his stay beyond 2012.

The Sea Eagles delayed an official announcement until this morning to give Hasler time to inform his players and staff of his decision, which he is understood to have done at last night's presentation night. While Toovey has been earmarked as the replacement under a succession plan the club has in place, there seems little doubt there will be a push for NSW coach Ricky Stuart.

Stuart comes off contract with the NSW Rugby League at the end of next season and the Manly players who played under him in State of Origin this year were impressed with his methods.

Hasler has assured the club he will see out the final year of his contract and there is no push from within Manly to move him out before the start of next season.

The Bulldogs can afford to wait as well, with the club to announce caretaker Jim Dymock as their permanent coach for 2012 at a press conference this morning.

It is understood the Bulldogs have informed Dymock of their plans to sign Hasler for 2013 and he is comfortable with the process. Dymock is expected to step down at the end of next year to become a member of Hasler's coaching staff.

Manly chairman Scott Penn declined to comment on the club's coaching plans when contacted by The Weekend Australian yesterday afternoon, only moments after the two-time premiership winner had informed him of his decision.

Toovey, however, said he was ready to take over in 2013 and he has the backing of two of the club's minority owners - Manly Leagues Club chairman Bob Reilly and club saviour Max Delmege.

"I will be backing him to be the replacement," Reilly said. "He would be the obvious choice. I will be looking for somebody in-house. Geoff Toovey will be at the top of my list."

Asked about Stuart, Reilly said: "Definitely no from me for Ricky Stuart."

Delmege, who saved the club from oblivion a decade ago and played an integral role in Hasler's appointment in 2003, added: "I really believe that if it was up to me, I think Geoff Toovey should be elevated into the first grade position. He's worked under Des for so long, he knows how Des works and trains."

Hasler's departure has ramifications for the players and the ancillary coaching staff. Brett Stewart is one player who has an out clause should Hasler leave while there were suggestions last night Kieran Foran did as well.

Foran, in particular, would be in heavy demand should he go on the open market. As it is, Manly may be forced to renegotiate his deal and make him one of the highest paid players in the game.

Manly has time to sort out those issues, as it does when it comes to digesting the loss of arguably the most successful coach in the club's history. Hasler has one of the best winning percentages of any current coach and led the club to a title in 2008 before this year's.

"I am shattered and shell-shocked," Reilly said. "I can't get my head around it. I just thought he wouldn't go."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/geo...hasler-defection/story-fn6nj4ny-1226161587862

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Blame game erupts over Hasler

FOUR months ago, Manly had the chance to lock up Des Hasler until 2015 for just $550,000 a season.

And they blew it.

Now a vicious blame game has erupted at Brookvale over perhaps the greatest bungle in the club's 64-year history, which will this morning result in Hasler announcing a three-year deal to coach Canterbury from 2013 onwards.

The Daily Telegraph has also learned Sea Eagles co-owners Scott Penn and Quantum launched a last-ditch bid to keep Hasler on Wednesday, offering him $850,000 a season to remain at Manly until 2016.

But Hasler had already decided to leave, agreeing to terms with the Bulldogs on a deal worth slightly less last Friday - just 48 hours before his Sea Eagles won the grand final.

Manly's opportunity to secure Hasler long-term came in June, when a sub-committee was formed to negotiate a two-year extension.

With Wayne Bennett's $1 million-plus deal to join Newcastle announced just a few weeks earlier, Hasler wanted a pay rise to continue beyond the completion of his current deal in 2012. He also had an option in his favour for next year, which was exercised via a brief letter to Penn at the end of June.

But the Sea Eagles baulked at meeting Hasler's financial demands for an additional two-year deal.

It's believed the coach wanted $550,000 a season - a modest amount given his achievements since.

Manly, however, was under the fiscal pump. Without a major sponsor at the time, it was facing a $1.4 million loss and had approached the NRL for advances on its annual grant.

The precarious situation had stakeholders Penn, Quantum and Manly Leagues Club under enormous pressure to balance the books.

The acquisition of new major sponsor Kaspersky gave them some much-needed breathing space, and officials felt they had more time to negotiate with Hasler after his option to stay in 2012 was exercised.

Enter the Bulldogs.

With the backing of its mega-rich Leagues Club, Canterbury was perhaps the only Sydney club with the financial clout to make Hasler consider the unthinkable.

And after two years of failure, only a big-name coach would suffice.

Although caretaker Jim Dymock had done admirably in the wake of Kevin Moore's mid-season axing, Canterbury's cashed-up board was always reluctant to take a punt on another rookie.

Because there's more at stake at Belmore than on-field results.

The current board faces an election in February, and to answer challengers it needed to produce a high-profile coach.

So shortly before the finals Hasler was approached with a handsome cheque, aided and abetted by one of the code's slickest middle men - George Mimis.

The story broke soon afterwards and finally came to a head after last Sunday's decider, when Hasler was asked directly about his future.

"I'll be at Manly next year," he deadpanned.

But there was no public commitment beyond next season. And now we know why.

Penn and board member Phil Sidney, owner of Quantum, were still unaware of Hasler's intention to defect this week. They met him on Wednesday morning and discussed a three-year extension, believed to be worth $850,000 a season.

With the help of Leagues Club chairman Bob Reilly they even secured financial contributions from sponsors, who were loathe to see Hasler go. But it was simply too late.

Now Manly face a tough decision over whether to keep Hasler on for 2012, knowing full well that he intends to take many of the club's coaching staff across the spit in 2013.

Indications last night were that Manly would stand firm and compel Hasler to fulfil the final year of his deal. Reilly, whose faction controls three of the seven votes on the board, said he wanted Hasler to stay.

"Des has the job for as long as he wants," Reilly said. "There's no doubt in the world I'll be voting for him to stay. In my opinion he's the best coach in the game - better than Bennett and (Craig) Bellamy."It's understood Penn - who controls two votes - feels the same way, meaning the numbers will prevent Canterbury from getting their hands on Hasler a year early.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...upts-over-hasler/story-e6frexnr-1226161605966

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
FOUR months ago, Manly had the chance to lock up Des Hasler until 2015 for just $550,000 a season.

And they blew it.

Now a vicious blame game has erupted at Brookvale over perhaps the greatest bungle in the club's 64-year history, which will this morning result in Hasler announcing a three-year deal to coach Canterbury from 2013 onwards.

The Daily Telegraph has also learned Sea Eagles co-owners Scott Penn and Quantum launched a last-ditch bid to keep Hasler on Wednesday, offering him $850,000 a season to remain at Manly until 2016.

But Hasler had already decided to leave, agreeing to terms with the Bulldogs on a deal worth slightly less last Friday - just 48 hours before his Sea Eagles won the grand final.

Manly's opportunity to secure Hasler long-term came in June, when a sub-committee was formed to negotiate a two-year extension.

With Wayne Bennett's $1 million-plus deal to join Newcastle announced just a few weeks earlier, Hasler wanted a pay rise to continue beyond the completion of his current deal in 2012. He also had an option in his favour for next year, which was exercised via a brief letter to Penn at the end of June.

But the Sea Eagles baulked at meeting Hasler's financial demands for an additional two-year deal.

It's believed the coach wanted $550,000 a season - a modest amount given his achievements since.

Manly, however, was under the fiscal pump. Without a major sponsor at the time, it was facing a $1.4 million loss and had approached the NRL for advances on its annual grant.

The precarious situation had stakeholders Penn, Quantum and Manly Leagues Club under enormous pressure to balance the books.

The acquisition of new major sponsor Kaspersky gave them some much-needed breathing space, and officials felt they had more time to negotiate with Hasler after his option to stay in 2012 was exercised.

Enter the Bulldogs.

With the backing of its mega-rich Leagues Club, Canterbury was perhaps the only Sydney club with the financial clout to make Hasler consider the unthinkable.

And after two years of failure, only a big-name coach would suffice.

Although caretaker Jim Dymock had done admirably in the wake of Kevin Moore's mid-season axing, Canterbury's cashed-up board was always reluctant to take a punt on another rookie.

Because there's more at stake at Belmore than on-field results.

The current board faces an election in February, and to answer challengers it needed to produce a high-profile coach.

So shortly before the finals Hasler was approached with a handsome cheque, aided and abetted by one of the code's slickest middle men - George Mimis.

The story broke soon afterwards and finally came to a head after last Sunday's decider, when Hasler was asked directly about his future.

"I'll be at Manly next year," he deadpanned.

But there was no public commitment beyond next season. And now we know why.

Penn and board member Phil Sidney, owner of Quantum, were still unaware of Hasler's intention to defect this week. They met him on Wednesday morning and discussed a three-year extension, believed to be worth $850,000 a season.

With the help of Leagues Club chairman Bob Reilly they even secured financial contributions from sponsors, who were loathe to see Hasler go. But it was simply too late.

Now Manly face a tough decision over whether to keep Hasler on for 2012, knowing full well that he intends to take many of the club's coaching staff across the spit in 2013.

Indications last night were that Manly would stand firm and compel Hasler to fulfil the final year of his deal. Reilly, whose faction controls three of the seven votes on the board, said he wanted Hasler to stay.

"Des has the job for as long as he wants," Reilly said. "There's no doubt in the world I'll be voting for him to stay. In my opinion he's the best coach in the game - better than Bennett and (Craig) Bellamy."It's understood Penn - who controls two votes - feels the same way, meaning the numbers will prevent Canterbury from getting their hands on Hasler a year early.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...upts-over-hasler/story-e6frexnr-1226161605966
damn, now they are just being spiteful

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
"Show me the money" - FINALLY someone who speaks the truth and doesnt try to use "family" or "new challenges" to hide the fact they are chasing the money.

Your more than welcome here Des!

Status
Not open for further replies.