Des Hasler Joins Bulldogs - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep ... and you know what else ? .... When Dessie comes he'll bring along that cows-blood injecting they do for rehab, and with all the medicinal benefits of quick recovery, we've ear-marked a comeback for Terry Lamb too !!!
funny you mentioned Lamb

If Dymock sticks around in 2013...

Des, Lamb and Dymock played in the 95 grand final...

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the rumours are true.....

No-one signs a coach this far ahead. Greenberg knew Hasler was off contract in 2013. He is cornering Manly into pushing for an early release in 2012!!

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if we push out a release for next season. It is going to be just as awkward for Hasler to remain for one year knowing of his future project, and the players also having that knowledge, as it would be for whoever would theoretically coach us next year.

marsvolta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is cornering Manly into pushing for an early release in 2012!!
Scott Penn: [to club officials and players]. Relax, relax. Des isn't going anywhere. He's under contract for next year. I can see some of you shaking your heads. Shame on you. Just to be safe, I've locked Des into this dressing room and won't let him out until - [door comes flying off room and Des makes a break for the door]

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Scott Penn: [to club officials and players]. Relax, relax. Des isn't going anywhere. He's under contract for next year. I can see some of you shaking your heads. Shame on you. Just to be safe, I've locked Des into this dressing room and won't let him out until - [door comes flying off room and Des makes a break for the door]
Yeah ok that's fine he is staying for 2012... 2013? He has to unlock the doors or else it is considered kidnapping!

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Still doesn't change anything.

Hasler contracted in 2012
Bulldogs know this.
Hasler says he will be at Manly in 2012 and honour his committement.
Dogs sign him from 2013
Manly/Hasler situation commands he leave early, from 2012.

Bulldogs didn't poach him for 2012.
Hasler didn't deceive Manly for 2012.

Hasler/Bulldogs win-win

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can newspapers actually confirm something for once before they report it? The amount of times something these days is a "done deal" one minute and then later that same day there's a completely conflicting report. It happens all of the time now and the media in Australia is turning out to be worse than an Italian or English tabloid with reports about footballers in Europe changing clubs etc. It's getting worse and worse and it's infuriating. They're all trying to get the scoop the earliest.

Anyway, who knows what to believe. Hopefully this is true and hopefully Manly will release him a year early so as to better prepare for the future but I highly doubt it considering they'd have a great chance to compete for a title again next year. Even though these things never end out well. Ever.

P

Paint.

The way I see it... we're in crisis mode. Two years in a row without the 8... and altho we may make it next year, who's to say Jimmy Dymock won't be another KM and bomb after his first year? We need to go for all of the safest options right now, and, I've said it many times, right now that's Des Hasler.

If Dymock manages to take us to the premiership next year, good on him, it sets him up for a great future, he'll have put his name down in the 'Dogs record books, and will forever be known as a club legend.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People shouldn't also just assume success with Hasler and will need to give him time if he comes over.

Obviously he's a great hire and a great coach. I'm not doubting that at all and would be thrilled if we secured his services. But people underestimate how hard it is to replicate what he had at one club at another club. Many great coaches haven't had the same success at another club as he did at one. It'll take a few seasons probably for Hasler to get the players he wants, get the team playing the way he wants it to and getting rid of all of the many bad habits that are throughout the team and club. It won't be as easy as taking a talented roster to immediate success.

But Hasler has proven that he is a great coach and hopefully we get Cleal as well which would be another huge piece of the puzzle. At least if we get them both we'll know we're in great hands and the club would have done all the could to change our sliding fortunes.

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a chubby

Just what the doctor ordered, Finally an outsider coming in wiihii, well done greenburg

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The way I see it, Dymock would have been announced after we bombed the finals, if he was first pick.

There may well be some strategy behind the timing of our media announcement tomorrow.

We were meant to announce something after our finals hopes died. That then was moved back to the start of this week (Tues/Weds), then "end of this week", and now "tomorrow".

Now assuming that Dymock was a done deal for 2012, then we could and would have announced this before tomorrow.

I may be drawing conclusions, but it sounds like the Dogs are waiting for Hasler to break the news to the board and players tonight, and based on that they/he will decide if he continues preseason training and working with Manly in 2012.

If the decision is to cut Hasler adrift effective immediately, then this will change the Bulldogs intended announcement tomorrow.

One way or another the deal would already be done, and if anything Dymock will be sitting to the side waiting to see if he's assistant or caretaker coach for 2012.

It sucks in some ways that we need to gouge Manly to get a decent coach, another staff member, and potentially their players, but if they are happy with a move to Blue and White, why not.

I personally think the damage was done with Hasler when Peter Peters was sacked. They lost his support there, and it snowballed from then on.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Woooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooo best news in years!

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still got a chubby

... Maybe it was that blue pill I popped last night, doh

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ok so I'm all WTF. Local radio today announced that DES signed with manly for 3 years thwarting our attempt to snare him. But on news.com it says he's ours in 2013. Hmmm. If it's true I'm disappointed. JD has to coach next year knowing he's gone even if we win the premiership. Very bizarre. Despite how good a coach DES might be, this is a sh1tty situation and for the first time I'd be p1ssed off with Todd. IF it's true of course. I don't believe it till it's on bulldogs website.

Doggies Bro

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
good news lets hope its true, would love des to coach the blue and white in 2013, but lets see how dymock will do in 2012

Doggies Bro

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok so I'm all WTF. Local radio today announced that DES signed with manly for 3 years thwarting our attempt to snare him. But on news.com it says he's ours in 2013. Hmmm. If it's true I'm disappointed. JD has to coach next year knowing he's gone even if we win the premiership. Very bizarre. Despite how good a coach DES might be, this is a sh1tty situation and for the first time I'd be p1ssed off with Todd. IF it's true of course. I don't believe it till it's on bulldogs website.
yeah agree diffrent media diffrent opinions. wont be believing anything until its officially announced.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Why would you be pissed off at tod? jd took over as caretaker coach. and im sure he would be told the des is going to be our coach in 2013
so if jd does not want to coach the dogs in 2012 im sure he does not have too.
plus if it is true and we did sign des you should be in love with tod.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You are pissed off at Greenberg because he signed Des Hasler for 2013. LOL. Dymock has possibly his last year as a first grade coach next year and you think 2012 is over because of the psychological damage this news will cause if true?

Give yourself a dropkick mate and stick to what you're good at. Being my count down till pre season is over and I can stop reading garbage posts like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.