Des Hasler declined new jobs to stay at Bulldogs, court hears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The judge will know he is lying anyway, no one was going to give him another coaching job.

IceT

Previously The Real AT
Reaction score
“This contract extension builds on the last five years of growth within our football program and Des is looking forward to the next two years.”

This quote by Raelene Castle posted on the official Bulldogs website says it all. The club should just pay up instead of putting the honesty and integrity of the whole football club through the mud. And then following this those who were responsible for agreeing the contract extension with Des and his management should be held accountable. It seems as though instead they are trying to cover their tracks with this non-binding nonsense talk.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Like I said before. Even if its costs us $5mill, we still win. One more year and he would've brought our brand and supporters to its knees. We have much more to gain without him.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Would be funny if the judge was a massive Dogs fan (and anti des) person.

If we lose the case, make Castle pay up... she's the dickhead that opened her fat gob to the media, effectively putting the club in this situation.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I

Last edited:

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously des is the past what's happened has happened, let's focus on next season the board has moved forward, dib and the board has made positive changes to the club in less than 3 months, Mortimer is on board with those changes, former players are on board with the new path we've taken. New coach new staff with bulldogs heritage, what else do you guys want, your not going to get it with the new ticket this affective. Dib has copped a lot of criticism, fair enough you guys are angry things weren't handled not as good as it should of but there's a lot of things you guys don't know about and won't know about. We're not going to get better than what we got in regards to the changes we've had in the last 3 months. We should be looking forward to next season I can't wait!

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In an out of court settlement and/or mediation, which side is responsible to cover legal fees. Court costs will not be negligible -- this alone could push Hasler to the wall. Unless his team is pro bono, in which case they strongly believe they will win and then take 20-50% of the settlement.

~c.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In an out of court settlement and/or mediation, which side is responsible to cover legal fees. Court costs will not be negligible -- this alone could push Hasler to the wall. Unless his team is pro bono, in which case they strongly believe they will win and then take 20-50% of the settlement.

~c.
Normally it's decided as par tof the settlement.

In some instances one or the other party is ordered to contribute towards the legal costs of the other team.

Given that Hasler has initiated legal action, if it went to (and settled in) mediation, Hasler would probably have to partially contribute to the Bulldogs legal case.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Normally it's decided as par tof the settlement.

In some instances one or the other party is ordered to contribute towards the legal costs of the other team.

Given that Hasler has initiated legal action, if it went to (and settled in) mediation, Hasler would probably have to partially contribute to the Bulldogs legal case.
ahhhh I see!

~c.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Contracts can be verbal.
Announcing it in a press release means he will be entitled to a payout.
Poor management from dogs.
This is the truth.

In the legal world over the last couple of years, there has been very heavy emphasis dictated to us on the power of a verbal contract.
A verbal contract carries AS MUCH weight as a written one*

I include that asterisk not as a typo, but because obviously there is devil in the lack of detail to a verbal contract over a written one. So it isn’t simple.

A straightforward matter however means verbal =\= written.

As for what invisible mentioned, I am absolutely positive that at least on one Occassion, DIB addressed the media with ‘I am pleased to announce a Des contract extension’.
He was parading it and I remember thinking he wants brownie points.

The only way dogs can win this is by choking the chicken ans strangling Des through legal fees which is dirty.

It’s very clear the dogs strategy is angling for a quick payout.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are more ramifications to this than Hasler getting a pay out or Dib trying to implement damage control. Watching this situation with great interest is Andrew Fifita, his management and, more importantly, his legal team. Fifita had a four-year, $3.2 million deal with the Bulldogs. It was a heads of agreement signed by Fifita, Dib and Bulldogs chief executive Raelene Castle.
He got almost the same money to stay at CRONULLA so he barely lost anything no case to answer

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope Dib gets the boot next year. I can only comment.on what has been in the papers. But they announced it to is lol. We all raged at the time and asked why really sign him? Now we find out it didn't count and it was like a do over lol. Sounds like a dog act to me. But Des is gone, good, and hopefully this mess will get that fat smug pick out too.
Anderson, wife , Dunn will be in the board in feb thanks to the demise of dib and his handling of the club and now trying to put the runs on the board with pay etc.

We've literally had the blue blood drained from us year after excruciatingly painful year by that clipboard holding Northern Beaches wanker whilst that Fat Tall Goth netball wig and Ray the dithering Dibber daberrer watched on.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Everyone is over thinking this hahah
Who cares if it was announced nothing was signed
He isn’t owed shit! Did he work to get paid for them two years? Are the dogs stopping him getting another job?

Everyone needs to realise this is the big bad world if shit needs to get done you get it done. Who gives a fk about about Hasler and his feelings.
I like ur thinking.

If the dogs prove it was non binding-then dib can keep his job too.
But if he can’t- then dib must also be accountable by either paying out des himself or his job!
Dog eat dog

Looking forward to Anderson wife and (direct blood stream and business ethics like her old man bullfrog Moore ) and Dunn!

x-factor

Y.N.W.A
Reaction score
Anderson, wife , Dunn will be in the board in feb thanks to the demise of dib and his handling of the club and now trying to put the runs on the board with pay etc.

We've literally had the blue blood drained from us year after excruciatingly painful year by that clipboard holding Northern Beaches wanker whilst that Fat Tall Goth netball wig and Ray the dithering Dibber daberrer watched on.
I highly doubt that they will get voted in.

There’s too many smart intelligent people who know that there’s nothing really wrong with the club for a board change

High hopes

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Breaking down the initial media release from club..
Coach Des Hasler will remain with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs for the next two years after signing a contract extension that will keep him at the club until the end of the 2019 season.

The Football Club Board today announced the decision after final negotiations on a contract extension were concluded with the coach putting pen to paper to keep him at Belmore.
Note that final negotiations are on a contract extension.
The inference is "coach putting pen to paper" to keep "him" at Belmore. This insinuates that a contract was signed between Hasler and the club.
Chief Executive Raelene Castle is pleased that negotiations have concluded on a contract extension: "Des is a proven coach. His record over the years shows that and we are extremely pleased that negotiations have resulted in Des remaining at the club until the end of the 2019 season” “This contract extension builds on the last five years of growth within our football program and Des is looking forward to the next two years.”
Castle makes a statement regarding negotiations on contract extension. She then specifically mentions "this contract extension builds on..." and "Des is looking forward to the next two years".

Hasler, was happy that a positive result had been reached: "I have been extremely happy here at the Bulldogs. The club has great history and tradition and an incredibly loyal fan base. I am pleased that I have been able to reach an agreement with the club to extend my contract until the end of 2019”
Hasler stating "I have been able to reach an agreement with the club and extend my contract".

HEREIN LIES WHAT I SAID PREVIOUSLY...
Hasler does not have a leg to stand on. He is argueing that the verbal contract is enforceable, but the only thing verbal was a contract extension.
In order for a contract to be extended, an existing contract must be in place.

I can almost 100% guarantee what the club (rather smartly) have done here.

They have negotiated a contract extension, most likely starting from Jan 2018. Up until that point his existing contract is in place. Once the Bulldogs terminate his existing contract, there is no longer an active contract to be extended, so the entire extension is legally null and void.

Contractually this is exactly the same as if you were on a 12 month fixed contract, had that contract extended 8 months in for another 12 months, and then were dismissed due to poor performance. The extension is no longer valid because the existing contract is terminated.

I reckon this is the angle the Bulldogs will argue (and if it is indeed what they have done Hasler does not have a hope in hell of winning the case).
Thought so much about the club she was on the board for GC Titans...

The only reason she is involved is because they are all hopping on her ticket like a hooker on a boner.

Last edited:

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We wodnt of signed Tedesco, Foran and woods without having our coach ling for 2018 confirmed. So Dib hedged his bets. There is no way we can win this and will definitely pay Des our, but Dib will wait for after the election before he does that.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best scenario would be to drag it out.. even hasler cannot afford a lengthy court battle.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Danny Weedler is writing that Fifita is going to sue Dogs for 3.2m

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Haha as if... no **** wanted him period.

Status
Not open for further replies.