Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Des Hasler facing the axe at Canterbury Bulldogs
By The Mole

DES Hasler signed a two-year contract extension only a few months ago - but the former Test star is fighting for his coaching life at the Bulldogs.

I am hearing that elements within the Bulldogs football and leagues clubs boards are set to push to pay Hasler out if the Bulldogs fail to make the finals.

Sources say although Hasler signed a massive deal, his payour is capped at around $500,000 a season, making it feasible for the Dogs to pay him out.

If he does go, the club will push for former favourite son Dean Pay to take over as head coach.

Pay has served a long apprenticeship and is currently Ricky Stuart’s right-hand man at Canberra.

Canterbury have lost six of their last seven games and are playing with little confidence or cohesion in attack, putting their finals chances in real doubt.

The board is under massive pressure from irate fans, who are demanding changes be made at the club.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/07/04/...ighting-for-coaching-life#00Joah5LJQzKsV7v.99

It's a mole article, so treat it as such, but the interesting part for me is Haslers payout is capped at $500,000 per season so if we do decide to dump Des it's not going to cost us the full contract. Best Dogs news I've heard in a long time now.
I am hard !!!
Its the mole so i am reserved... but this gives us hope !!!
if you want to walk as well Foran then eat a dick ****, don't need any more mercenaries at our club from now on.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This is what I think will happen (forget the mole article).

The board will let Hasler play out the rest of this season. Let's face it, it's over. They will get him x amount of games to prove himself next year, say 10 games, and if the Ddgs aren't in the top 8, he's gone.

We'll have a new CEO by then anyway and the worst impression to make to a new CEO is just how shit you are as coach.
By 10 games the dogs would likely mean 2-4 XD based on there bullshit after the Broncos win this year.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
By 10 games the dogs would likely mean 2-4 XD based on there bullshit after the Broncos win this year.
Ok you've jumped the gun on me a bit. I have no idea what the second part of your post means lol. You lost me at "2-4 XD"

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
God I hope so but man, how bad does this make the board look lol. Fucking idiots just flushed good money down the tubes.

Also I still want Foran at the club. I don't want Moses mbmud any where near directing out team about the park.

Reactions: DT

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Dib will Dave his arse, will be seen as a hero for putting the small payout figure in the contract and bringing on Dean Pay. It has to happen now.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is great news that the payout is capped but only if they fire him after this season.

I don't want Hasler anywhere near the club in 2018. He's had more than enough chances and been given all the money and power in the world and hasn't accomplished anything.

I don't care who replaces him as long as he is replaced.

But knowing Dib he'll probably give Hasler another season because he "leaves no stone unturned" and his "record is second only to Bellamy's"... And the other 11 Coaches who have their teams above us on the ladder!!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It is great news that the payout is capped but only if they fire him after this season.

I don't want Hasler anywhere near the club in 2018. He's had more than enough chances and been given all the money and power in the world and hasn't accomplished anything.

But knowing Dib he'll probably give Hasler another season because he "leaves no stone unturned" and his "record is second only to Bellamy's"... And the other 11 Coaches who have their teams above us on the ladder!!!
Sadly, I'm certain he will be with us still in 2018.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ok you've jumped the gun on me a bit. I have no idea what the second part of your post means lol. You lost me at "2-4 XD"
Haha, just a reference to how the board had a round 10 deadline imposed on Hasler this year. We were playing like ass, and all of a sudden after a lucky and grinding win against the Broncos in round 5 saw Hasler sign a richer 2 year deal. So basically i referred to whatever extension the Dogs impose (or hypotheticals) will never be on the mark as the club (despite dib saying otherwise) is reactive.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Yep... when you lose to Stephan Kearney convincingly and his record is the pits, questioned have to be asked XD

Malla

Reaction score
I hope this happens and if it means Foran doesn't come next year then so be it.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There is no way known if this is even remotely true hasler should be at belmore in 2018.
I know as a fact the players all like des, they are just over the stupid logic to his theorys/ game plans.
We have a bloody good backline that never gets the ball, start fresh sign kevin walters now.!
We all want the old canterbury back, At the moment its hard enough watching it on tv let alone forking out big $$ to watch it live.
I dont mind if we lose going out swinging,( throwing the ball around etc)but cant stand this shit atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.