Des getting Sacked Articles Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty poorly constructed article and it's also nothing we haven't already banged on about a thousand times over now.

I do like this line though lol: He has coached the props to play as halfbacks and the halves to play as props

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

NRL
OPINION: NO HOPE AT CANTERBURY WHILE HASLER REMAINS
Nick Tedeschi 03 July 2017 2825 Views

Sometimes mad scientists produce magic. Other times they just make a mess. Des Hasler has just created a mess at Canterbury.

And there is no way out for the Bulldogs in the foreseeable future.

Phil Gould penned an interesting piece on the Bulldogs after their embarrassing display against Parramatta, where they managed just two first-half points and failed to come over the top despite 70 percent possession and all the field position.

Gould argued that Canterbury lacked confidence, were too one-dimensional in attack and had no attacking kicking game.

He is, of course, right but he was far too soft in absolving both coach and players of responsibility, as if the current situation at Canterbury was just shone upon the club like a spotlight at a Broadway play.

The Bulldogs’ attack does lack confidence. It is one-dimensional. There is no kicking game. Goalkicking is a disaster. There is no speed. No team is less threatening around the ruck. There are too many dead plays. There is no creativity.

And this goes back to those charged with building the team, and in Bulldogs-land that begins and ends with Des Hasler.

He has constructed this team. He has made both recruitment and retention decisions. He decided Moses Mbye was his future at halfback. He decided to let Michael Ennis go for Michael Lichaa with Ennis winning a title at the Sharks and Lichaa on the verge of being dumped. He tied up cap space with Tony Williams. He allowed Will Hopoate to miss Sundays. He has continually played slow outside backs with little upside in place of blooding players. He has neglected the pathways to first grade. He has coached the props to play as halfbacks and the halves to play as props. He set up the structure that sees Aiden Tolman touch the ball at least nine times a set when inside the opposition 20.

And now he thinks that Kieran Foran and Aaron Woods can turn it all around.

There is only one solution to the Canterbury problem and that is moving on from Des Hasler. The pain will be here a long time but the quicker the club starts the healing, the quicker it can get into a position to genuinely contend again.

It is the only way. Continuing down this path just delays the inevitable knockdown and rebuild that is coming.

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hope he reads it the gronk perfectly written.piss of already des

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more articles criticising Hasler the better - the bigger the swell becomes and the more the board and dumbfuck Dib HAVE TO take notice.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nick Tedeschi again.

The dude just loves trolling this place, and people keep lapping it up...

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I read this article and it summed up exactly how I am feeling... Kick and scream enough in the kennel and it gets people outside the kennel taking notice and writing articles. Thanks to old mate for helping to put the story up

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read this article and it summed up exactly how I am feeling... Kick and scream enough in the kennel and it gets people outside the kennel taking notice and writing articles. Thanks to old mate for helping to put the story up
That's how i concluded it. He took abit of this and a bit of that from here, and created an article. Good on him i say.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Great article, to the point and pretty much what most have been saying.

Far better than the crap written by Gould pissing in everyone's pocket.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with the article, but unforunately for us, its the same feeling i had 12 months ago, its the same feeling i have now, and will feel the in 12 months time.
I havent and wont imagine it will turn around until haslers left, we need to cut him loose now, wayne bennet stayed too long at Newcastle, look at them now, dont think it wont or cant happen to our club.
Allthough they like the tigers will rise next year, guess where that leaves us.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets just hope that when Des was granted the 2 year extension it included a clause that we had to finish top 4 or at least top 8, if a performance clause was not written in the contract it would be very sad indictment on our board.

Reactions: CCC

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd piss myself laughing if we came out next years and lit the comp up decently.
I'm sure that's what Hasler keeps telling the board to buy himself time. At the end of 2016 it was wait for the new attacking style of football. This year it's wait for Foran and Woods and see the difference next year.

Truth is if he doesn't deliver next year he and a lot of the off contract players need to go, they've had enough chances.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Des Hasler facing the axe at Canterbury Bulldogs
By The Mole

DES Hasler signed a two-year contract extension only a few months ago - but the former Test star is fighting for his coaching life at the Bulldogs.

I am hearing that elements within the Bulldogs football and leagues clubs boards are set to push to pay Hasler out if the Bulldogs fail to make the finals.

Sources say although Hasler signed a massive deal, his payour is capped at around $500,000 a season, making it feasible for the Dogs to pay him out.

If he does go, the club will push for former favourite son Dean Pay to take over as head coach.

Pay has served a long apprenticeship and is currently Ricky Stuart’s right-hand man at Canberra.

Canterbury have lost six of their last seven games and are playing with little confidence or cohesion in attack, putting their finals chances in real doubt.

The board is under massive pressure from irate fans, who are demanding changes be made at the club.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/07/04/...ighting-for-coaching-life#00Joah5LJQzKsV7v.99

It's a mole article, so treat it as such, but the interesting part for me is Haslers payout is capped at $500,000 per season so if we do decide to dump Des it's not going to cost us the full contract. Best Dogs news I've heard in a long time now.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Yes this is excellent news. Finally some light at the end of the tunnel.

The 500k layout makes sense now. It makes sense that this is the reason why it took so long for them to come to an agreement on the contract and then all of a sudden it was a done deal in the middle of some shit form.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This is what I think will happen (forget the mole article).

The board will let Hasler play out the rest of this season. Let's face it, it's over. They will get him x amount of games to prove himself next year, say 10 games, and if the Ddgs aren't in the top 8, he's gone.

We'll have a new CEO by then anyway and the worst impression to make to a new CEO is just how shit you are as coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.