Dean Pay mega thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog and these dogs will have a hell of a lot more fight been coached by some old generals of the club the culture of the club means everythingto players and the fans cant wait to see it return.. i dont expect miricales overnight but its a big step in the right direction if dean pay is appointed coach.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To put in a coach just coz they're an ex player or may know the DNA of the bulldogs and think we'll get success is delusional and overly optimistic. Kevin Moore, more than anyone new the DNA and failed bad!
In saying that I can't see many options, I think if McGuire becomes coach it'll be a fkn disaster, Paul green would he fkn awesome but near impossible, I think dymick should be given the shot he was about to get before we stole Hasler.
That's how I see it anyway.
I tend to agree i think all this bulldogs culture talk is a bit over the top, didn't seem to be a problem in 2012 under des and like you said having kevin moore did us no favours. At the end of the day we need to sort out the attacking football which has nothing to do with culture. Shouldn't need a former bulldogs player to get the players to play with aggression and the teams online defence for a large part of the year was really impressive. I think dymock deserves a shot

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tend to agree i think all this bulldogs culture talk is a bit over the top, didn't seem to be a problem in 2012 under des and like you said having kevin moore did us no favours. At the end of the day we need to sort out the attacking football which has nothing to do with culture. Shouldn't need a former bulldogs player to get the players to play with aggression and the teams online defence for a large part of the year was really impressive. I think dymock deserves a shot
Moore took us from wooden spooners to 2nd (1st if Soward didn't milk the penalty in our game against the dragons) in his first year the wheels feel off after but we were still massive improvers. Give Pay a go and see what happens I say

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To put in a coach just coz they're an ex player or may know the DNA of the bulldogs and think we'll get success is delusional and overly optimistic. Kevin Moore, more than anyone new the DNA and failed bad!
In saying that I can't see many options, I think if McGuire becomes coach it'll be a fkn disaster, Paul green would he fkn awesome but near impossible, I think dymick should be given the shot he was about to get before we stole Hasler.
That's how I see it anyway.
Dean Pay has an aura about him and is someone that calls a spade a spade, no mind games. The players will respond well to his clear directions and the emotion that he will be able to extract in the sheds.

The guy used to be an enforcer, in fact, Pay made his Origin debut based on his toughness and no-nonsense approach. He absolutely loved a big hit! I can see us being super aggressive in defence and wouldn't be surprised to see us throwing the ball around. He'll let guys play their natural game.

Our forward pack is going to be dominant mark my word.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Papa did you ask him about when he left for Parra during the war, did he see himself as a Parra man or Dogs man from that moment on? Serious question no sarcasm.

I ask this because I still harbor resentment to those 4 for that. Them leaving made as a pretty shit side the next year. I still can't stomach or cop Mason Williams Myles Barba.
Guys like Ennis O'Meley Asotasi James Graham who left without being cts I have no issues with
They were offered more money by the ARL to switch sides, but also SL failed to counter the massive ARL propaganda against SL and it helped to sway the young players.
It was left to about a handful of mainly Bulldogs fans with very limited resources to push the SL cause.
I was never confident that Des had his heart coaching our club, I just hope that Pay or whoever is appointed bleeds blue and white or at least is professional enough to put any agenda's he might have in the rubbish bin.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I just remember him as one of the 4 that jumped ship when the super league wars started..meh, don't give that "he understands the Bulldog's culture" bullshit. Guess anything is better than Des right now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We could get Bellamy or dig up Jack Gibson and you wouldn't be happy mate haha
Na i would take Bellamy lol. But i still don't get why people are excited over Pay, i think it's purely based on him being an ex Bulldog rather than his credentials.

N

Natboy

Na i would take Bellamy lol. But i still don't get why people are excited over Pay, i think it's purely based on him being an ex Bulldog rather than his credentials.
Yeah maybe. Who would you prefer that's free though?

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Phil Gould
Chris Anderson
Steve Folkes

All rookie coaches when they were appointed Bulldogs FG coach.
All played for the Bulldogs.
All won premierships with us.
Each coached us to a premiership.

There's obviously more to it than that, but "getting" the culture and having an ability to communicate it to the players, will go a long way to restoring the pride in how we play our football, and ultimately getting the results we want.
Perhaps that's what we're looking for our next coach to bring to the role.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah maybe. Who would you prefer that's free though?
I would go with Holbrook. I'm sure he could get out of England for an NRL job. Other than that and i'm just guessing, don't know enough about anyone else.

N

Natboy

I would go with Holbrook. I'm sure he could get out of England for an NRL job. Other than that and i'm just guessing, don't know enough about anyone else.
I don't like his head haha.
I'd still prefer Pay personally.
We need to get the dogs culture built back up & after Des and his smartarse press conferences I'd like a straight forward no bullshit tough coach

Reactions: DT

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not saying he is good or bad as he is unknown in the coaching department, but has served a pretty healthy apprenticeship. Why are you not keen on him? I'm more interested in finding out who the new fitness staff are going to be.
As we did with des and manly we might do with pay and just bring all the raiders staff with him lol would love to just burn stuart a little

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance but only accidently fell for the dogs in 2011 after watching a gutsy golden point win against parra in torrential rain haha ..
BTW I like the idea of having an ex player (particularly a forward) coaching our team. Makes me feel like they're doing it for love over money.
Oh you poor thing you have only seen the ugly bulldogs besides 2012 lol 02-04 were great years you missed out on, that was the real bulldogs!

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reni and mase reckon both dymock and pay will do a good job.

I'm kind of excited now, those two spoke so highly of pay, pretty much said they'll transform our forward pack into the old days! Fking imagine klemmer just being told to tear someone a new asshole.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh you poor thing you have only seen the ugly bulldogs besides 2012 lol 02-04 were great years you missed out on, that was the real bulldogs!
I know I'm a saint lol
But 2012 was enough to get me hooked!

I started watching just as dymock took over, it was exciting, Im pretty sure they shared a strong culture/bond between them , there was mateship between the players such as barba, idris and kasiano. They all looked involved and happy to play unlike the last 5 years where everything just looked strained and clunky.

And... The players actually acknowledged the fans back then!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reni and mase reckon both dymock and pay will do a good job.

I'm kind of excited now, those two spoke so highly of pay, pretty much said they'll transform our forward pack into the old days! Fking imagine klemmer just being told to tear someone a new asshole.
They also mentioned it's likely we won't win a premiership before 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.