Dean Pay mega thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRC

Waterboy
Reaction score
The interviews for the coaching position have started, through the media anyway.
Pay is saying all the right things. Whether he's any good or not, who knows, but so far he's speaking to the job criteria.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I just remember him as one of the 4 that jumped ship when the super league wars started..meh, don't give that "he understands the Bulldog's culture" bullshit. Guess anything is better than Des right now.
If that's all you remember about Dean Pay then you don't know Dean Pay.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love how he says his coaching philosoohy is built on hard work. Fitness is paramount also. Bring back the dogs of war. The dogs that can be 18-2 down with 10 mins to go and still snatch victory.
Funny how i wrote this previous post not so long ago and then i just saw on fb that on this day in 1998 this game happened when we won 32-20 in overtime.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know I'm a saint lol
But 2012 was enough to get me hooked!

I started watching just as dymock took over, it was exciting, Im pretty sure they shared a strong culture/bond between them , there was mateship between the players such as barba, idris and kasiano. They all looked involved and happy to play unlike the last 5 years where everything just looked strained and clunky.

And... The players actually acknowledged the fans back then!
WHATTT!!! Your so lucky! You can go watch some of the best footy ever played all over again not knowing what's going to happen.

1. Watch the 1998 finals... Just snuck into the finals and watch from the quarter final to the GF. One of the best runs in rugby league history.

2. Watch 1995 finals run.. had an average year and in tru bulldog style the dogs step up a notch come finals. There u can see who Lamb and Pay were.

3. Watch all the 80's... You'll see the entertainers and the 'dogs of war' in one decade.

4. And of course the 2004 GF that broke all the hearts around the eastern suburbs... =)

Have fun!

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone's going to get one of those wikipedia moderator emails with a warning for changing information that is made up.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just remember him as one of the 4 that jumped ship when the super league wars started..meh, don't give that "he understands the Bulldog's culture" bullshit. Guess anything is better than Des right now.
He co-captained the Bulldogs to the 95 GF next to T.Lamb... Enough said.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1995 was the backs to the wall mentality, having an underperforming season then responding to a 0-42 loss by winning 11 out of 13 including stgeorge, brisbane, canberra and manly in the finals which means we defeated the teams in sudden death finals that won a grand final in 89, 90, 92, 93, 94, 96, 97 and 98 or lost a grand final 5.5 times in that time

in other words you cant find any better finals run in world history
Not to mention, the Brisbane and Canberra teams would make the $9.3 million salary cap next season, look like pocket change!

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
in other words you cant find any better finals run in world history
Fucking ay!!

The BEST month of Bulldogs Finals Football ever.

Remember the Manly side we played were RED hot favourites, having dropped what? 3 games all year...and the Raiders side were reigning premiers from 94- who some rate as one of the best sides ever.

The most underrated team when it comes to discussions of best sides.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would go with Holbrook. I'm sure he could get out of England for an NRL job. Other than that and i'm just guessing, don't know enough about anyone else.
Does he understand the culture though? Lol

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its accurate.. Just a matter of time

Probably JJ instead of Klem

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Dean Pay will be announced as our head coach sometime over the next few weeks, quite possibly on a friday.
@silva :grinning: mwa
Please James, Friday, Tomorrow and next week, no to mentioned here, lol

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I loved Pay as player.. tough & real old school..

I wish him all the best.. We needed a change .. but regardless of what anyone says, & all the analysis done, there is no guarentee how he will go.. there arent many really good NRL coaches going around, out of 16 teams probably 5-6 good coaches max..

Il support Pay no doubt. But with no FG coaching experience no one can be sure how he will go.. fingers crossed

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moore took us from wooden spooners to 2nd (1st if Soward didn't milk the penalty in our game against the dragons) in his first year the wheels feel off after but we were still massive improvers. Give Pay a go and see what happens I say
Thats because our recruitment for 2009 was unreal. Ennis, morris, hannant, kimmorley etc. I'm just saying that moore being a part of bulldog culture wasn't really that helpful after the first year and culture won't score us more points

Status
Not open for further replies.