Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I met him at Anna bay last year when he was on holiday
Top bloke
Was happy to spend bit of time chatting

He gave away a lot more than I expected him to

I not going to say what he told me publicly
But happy for those I trust who want to know to pm
Hey Papa did you ask him about when he left for Parra during the war, did he see himself as a Parra man or Dogs man from that moment on? Serious question no sarcasm.

I ask this because I still harbor resentment to those 4 for that. Them leaving made as a pretty shit side the next year. I still can't stomach or cop Mason Williams Myles Barba.
Guys like Ennis O'Meley Asotasi James Graham who left without being cts I have no issues with

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
everyone wanted des gone and wanted pay but now suddenly everyone is coming out saying they don't want pay. Who do you guys want to coach then? Just can't win with you mob.
I've never called for Pay. I'm not "against" him, just not sure if a rookie is what we need, but then again, we don't need McGuire.

Fuck.... can't we get a Bellamy/Cronk combo!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
True, but i wouldn't be getting excited over him like some people. He hasn't exactly done anything of note and has followed around Stuart who has hardly been successful other than last season.
Coached the nsw under 20s origin side to 3 straight series wins too. And hes a dog. Which is sweet after having manly scum running us for a while. Time will tell if hes up to it in fg, there is only 1 way to find out. Cant be worse than Des.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't even know who he is but couldn't be worse than des

I dont know about him either.... he played for dogs before i came to Australia.

but no harm in joining the band wagon, lol. i am just thankful that the cancer is gone.

If it was up to me , i would have picked the walker brothers to coach us.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I met him at Anna bay last year when he was on holiday
Top bloke
Was happy to spend bit of time chatting

He gave away a lot more than I expected him to

I not going to say what he told me publicly
But happy for those I trust who want to know to pm
I love the tank. Pm me bro

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kevin walters was my preference and still is, but would rather dean get a shot before maguire

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance but only accidently fell for the dogs in 2011 after watching a gutsy golden point win against parra in torrential rain haha ..
BTW I like the idea of having an ex player (particularly a forward) coaching our team. Makes me feel like they're doing it for love over money.
Come now Wolfie there is nothing accidental about falling for the Dogs, lol. Okay, maybe there is.

I became a Dogs fan at the age of 7 ( some 53 years ago now) when I went to Belmore with my Dad and Uncle. The Berries ( yes that was what they were called then) were playing Western Suburbs Magpies and one of the Wests blokes started a stink and laid into one of the boys in blue and white. That was where I became a Berries fan as I hated the black and whites for starting the fight. Could just have easily ended up me supporting Wests I guess if it had gone the other way.........

upload_2017-9-20_20-44-40.jpeg

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
tbh i don't know how people are giving opinions on assistant coaches considering they have never coached first grade before. Either which way, anyone but that hasler clone maguire and i'm a happy camper.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
This is all you need to know
View attachment 3857
also you might want to know that he signed to stay with the club when we joined super league then turned his back on us to join parramatta who are pretty much our arch rivals

after pay and dymock we should then consider sonny bill williams to be the next coach in 2023

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay's hit on Lazarus in the semi in '95 was massive. Put him out of the game and we were unstoppable from there. I saw him in Raby the next year, after was playing for Parra, wearing a bulldogs cap. I was dirty on the big 4 too but Pay was never the same for them. I reckon he's a doggie at heart.

He came through the grades with us, joining from Dubbo as a 20 year old in 1989, and played plenty of reserve grade before starring for Australia in the Ashes tour in 94. Doesn't say much but people listen when he talks. I don't know if he can coach yet but has had an good apprenticeship, including with Melbourne and Bellamy. Give him a go.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Pay's hit on Lazarus in the semi in '95 was massive. Put him out of the game and we were unstoppable from there. I saw him in Raby the next year, after was playing for Parra, wearing a bulldogs cap. I was dirty on the big 4 too but Pay was never the same for them. I reckon he's a doggie at heart.

He came through the grades with us, joining from Dubbo as a 20 year old in 1989, and played plenty of reserve grade before starring for Australia in the Ashes tour in 94. Doesn't say much but people listen when he talks. I don't know if he can coach yet but has had an good apprenticeship, including with Melbourne and Bellamy. Give him a go.
my preference is kevin walters who has a better apprenticeship and never disrespected the club, but if we go with pay im glad that he doesnt say much because we need someone laid back to provide a breath of fresh air after the control freak type coach

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
If Pay can Coach half as good as he was as a player than I'm wrapped. He is and always will be one of my favourite forwards of all time.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To put in a coach just coz they're an ex player or may know the DNA of the bulldogs and think we'll get success is delusional and overly optimistic. Kevin Moore, more than anyone new the DNA and failed bad!
In saying that I can't see many options, I think if McGuire becomes coach it'll be a fkn disaster, Paul green would he fkn awesome but near impossible, I think dymick should be given the shot he was about to get before we stole Hasler.
That's how I see it anyway.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We could get Bellamy or dig up Jack Gibson and you wouldn't be happy mate haha
If he lets the forwards hit the line in attack and lets them offload like he used to as a player then i welcome him with open arms.
Come now Wolfie there is nothing accidental about falling for the Dogs, lol. Okay, maybe there is.

I became a Dogs fan at the age of 7 ( some 53 years ago now) when I went to Belmore with my Dad and Uncle. The Berries ( yes that was what they were called then) were playing Western Suburbs Magpies and one of the Wests blokes started a stink and laid into one of the boys in blue and white. That was where I became a Berries fan as I hated the black and whites for starting the fight. Could just have easily ended up me supporting Wests I guess if it had gone the other way.........

View attachment 3859

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True, but i wouldn't be getting excited over him like some people. He hasn't exactly done anything of note and has followed around Stuart who has hardly been successful other than last season.
Des Hasler was one of the best coaches going around when we nabbed him.... That worked out didn't it.

Pay is a breath of fresh air, he and Dymock working together with some old boys will get the boys up and running again. Attitude over structures anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.