SportingNews/Lurker Dean Britt - Apparently Signing With Us ?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think anyone would complain about Stimson and Britt in a vacuum.

When you factor in who is being moved on (RFM and Martin) and who is being kept (Elliott and co) then it's clear Pay doesn't want skillful second rowers and wants a team full of workers from the country.

Also factor in the angst over not signing a hooker, centres and wingers and another half or fullback when there is so much young talent at other clubs that can't get a run then you can see why people are getting anxious.

If these two signings are followed up with a good young hooker, a promising centre and some other exciting prospects then I'm sure we'll all be more positive. Hopefully some more exciting signings are announced soon.
If this is true remember these are all rumours at this stage.

RFM and Martin would be on more then minimum wage. Britt would not be.

I agree we need other positions filled but the players that the club are linked to are not backs at this stage. We have a long way (November) to go before the better players are on the market.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a stupid analysis.

Your minimum wage players are the ones who get promoted from your junior grades to first grade, and not other clubs unwanted trash.

Sign me up a player who does not get injured.

You make Welch sound like the Stanley Brothers
What because I stated a fact he blew his knee out. Calm your farm

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If this is true remember these are all rumours at this stage.

RFM and Martin would be on more then minimum wage. Britt would not be.

I agree we need other positions filled but the players that the club are linked to are not backs at this stage. We have a long way (November) to go before the better players are on the market.
I agree with most of that but think we can't wait too long to lock up young talent in other positions. We've already been beaten to the punch on other targets so hopefully we don't end up missing out on more before other clubs swoop in as usual.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What because I stated a fact he blew his knee out. Calm your farm
Thats 1 point.

The other point is, being happy with signing duds.

We have plenty of duds in our squad already and they do not need to be replaced by other duds.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thats 1 point.

The other point is, being happy with signing duds.

We have plenty of duds in our squad already and they do not need to be replaced by other duds.
What a stupid analysis...

Who said I’m happy with any of these so called signings?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree with most of that but think we can't wait too long to lock up young talent in other positions. We've already been beaten to the punch on other targets so hopefully we don't end up missing out on more before other clubs swoop in as usual.
For sure it’s always nice if we can get a good signing. Our scouting needs to get better because getting them young is a much better way to secure them for the future.

How many good players actually jump ship for similar money. Would not be a great percent of players would it.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
By golly gosh we have signed some dud forwards over the years.

Didny Pay play together with Britt at the Dogs?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think anyone would complain about Stimson and Britt in a vacuum.

When you factor in who is being moved on (RFM and Martin) and who is being kept (Elliott and co) then it's clear Pay doesn't want skillful second rowers and wants a team full of workers from the country. He even benches our best attacking forward in CHN in games when we're chasing points. So people are dubious as to our style of play and what the vision is...

Also factor in the angst over not signing a hooker, centres and wingers and another half or fullback when there is so much young talent at other clubs that can't get a run then you can see why people are getting anxious.

If these two signings are followed up with a good young hooker, a promising centre and some other exciting prospects then I'm sure we'll all be more positive. Hopefully some more exciting signings are announced soon.
When you say it like that I just get more depressed with a false hope in between.... This is not HEALTHY!!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He's better than Zac Saddler or Francis Tualau, or probably a few others in NSw Cup that he would replace.

Reactions: obe

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean Pay's player selection criteria
  • Must be from the country
  • Must being more hardworking than talented
  • Must be a good kid
  • Must be a forward
  • Must be another clubs reject
Must be related to clay Priest
Must have one arm
Must know Someone who’s watched football before, not necessarily played
Must be willing to bring back the madness

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hearing that the replacements are for Tualau and Saddler, and club is currently looking for a cheap replacement for Olive.
Lichaa will be released at end of season with no replacement.
Money from Lichaa will go towards Tualau/Saddler replacements.
A real olive would do a better job and be a safer option

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...ff-contractry-cap/hb2kzhiwxfno1e8qlldor29ji/4

Leon Geoghegan: Hey Lurk, need your help bro ... Doggies are in a tough spot, who are they seriously looking at buying to get them moving forward, there must be some marque players they're close to landing?

The Lurker: I haven't got a marquee for you Leon, but you would know Joe Stimson is coming from Melbourne and I understand Souths bench forward Dean Britt is all but a done deal.

Anyone heard about this ? or is the lurker talking out his ass as usual.
He’s fucken shit

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kid hits like a Mack truck when he gets it right...just like his dad

I hope it’s true, just having his dad back around Belmore would be great for the club and he can teach our forwards how to whack

Last edited:

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kid hits like a Mack truck when he gets it right...just like his dad

I hope it’s true, just having his dad back around Belmore would be great for the club and he can teach our forwards how to whack
Bro the bloke is hopeless... he’s 25 and hasn’t made first grade that tells you something... Mack truck, too funny