David Klemmer responds to Eels poaching reports and salary cap dramas at the Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
When are the Morris boys contracted to? I thought their contract ended at the end of this season. If that is the case the Morris twins leaving us makes no difference to our cap. From the information around at moment we have $800k to spend on 14 players for 2019. With minimum wage being $100k per player we need $1.4M free for next year alone just to be compliant. That is currently a $600k shortfall & remember if we shop a player we need another $100k on top of that. So we will purchase 14 plus $100k players (Ie. unknowns, juniors etc) for our roster next year. This means every top line player at our club whose contract is beyond the end of this year will pretty much be shopped around to reach this figure. That is how bad it is. I cannot for the life of me believe those village idiots bought Foran and Woods when they knew the enormity of the issues they have. It is beyond a joke really.
Yes this is true but look at how THIS season was meant to run. Remember supposedly we JUST missed out on Tedesco also. Haslers plan was this year Mbye would play hooker, we'd release Graham, Kasiano, Liccha, maybe Elliot and another; into the side came a fit Foran (joke), a rampaging Woods (a bigger joke) and an elusive Tedesco. Hasler would be a hero as the Bulldogs won a premiership.

Fuck the damage to next year. Hasler, Dibb and Castles jobs would all be safe. Funny how things didnt quite turn out that way.
The 3 amigos were punted, the NRL tricked us and most clubs by settling on a $9.4m cap instead of the $10m we had budgeted for this year and $10.5 next year.

I understand minimum wage is $85k pa (per Paul Kent tonight on NRL360). We have $800k for 30 players but minimum is $1.190M. So we cant afford to resign Morris boys or Beast or most of the other 11 who are on more than minimum wage. We need to free up more cap space. So like it or not we MUST trade AT LEAST 2 other big name contracted players to clubs that will pay close to their contracted salary. We can only choose players in form who other clubs may want,so at various times this year the club may seek to trade Mbye, Klemmer, Jackson, Foran, Woods, Liccha, Hopoate, RFM and JMK. Nobody is safe. Its a buyers market. We are at the mercy of the other 15 NRL clubs to make us an offer.

That Hasler was the main architect of this, having similarly fucked Manly after their 2011 victory with backended contracts, necessitating departures of G Stewart and Watmough, while he himself sailed merrily off to a nice big fat new deal AND recently settled a 7 figure breach of contract understanding with the Dogs on the eave of EXACTLY the same thing happening again is an UTTER DISGRACE. As Kent and Ikin said tonight..."I wouldnt be surprised if no club was ever interested in Hasler again after this mess"

HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME DIBB, CASTLE AND HASLER. DO NOT TRY TO ENTER OUR CLUB EVER AGAIN. THE DOORMEN WILL BE INSTRUCTED TO SHOW YOU THE EXIT QUICKSMART. TELL YOUR STORY WALKING!!!

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Eels are a basket case more than what we are. Forget how bad the culture is at the Eels, there are ego's running rife in that team that I can tell you some players don't get along. The story of Brad Arthur losing the dressing room, while it's not all the players some don't want to play under him any longer or play alongside certain players. Where there is smoke there's fire and more is to come out. They are just good at hiding it and deflecting it elsewhere. Paul Kent won't put this in the media because Arthur has been open with him in the past in giving him information ie, salary cap etc etc. and if you have media on your side they'll tend to hold back on stories until they can't no more or sense another media outlet will get a hold of it.
I have no source, yet know that Norman & Hayne (just to name 2 players) have massive egos & are causing shit at the Eels.

And yes Norman & Hayne don't get along, as they both think they run the team.

Arthur was fucked when they signed Hayne.

Just like at the Cowboys there is the JT camp & Morgan camp.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon we have $3.1m to spend between 14 players. 800k available + 1.5m from Morris Bros & 800k from Eastwood. That gives us approx $220k to spend per player. What about Graham & Kasiano contracts?

If we were to re-sign both Morris bros on 400k each, we would be left with $2.3m for 12 players which is around 191k per player?

Surely these backended contracts were calculated in lieu with the salary cap increase per year and not calculated with players coming off contract every year and using those funds?

Surely we dont have only 800k left which includes the salaries of Morris Bros & Eastwood? If so, Dib, Hasler and Castle should be forced to do the Games of Thrones walk of shame from Bankstown to Belmore
Your wrong. Next year we have $800k to spend on 14 players to complete a 30 man squad full stop. There is no contract next year for Morris boys or Eastwood so you cant add more in, they are off contract. We must let big name players go, in form players that other clubs will pay close to what their contract says, otherwise we wont be able to compete in the NRL next year. Its as simple as that.

Remember, the NRL delayed announcing the cap for over 6 months due to tv contract negotiations. We had already done deals assuming a cap of $10m this year and $10.5m next year. A perfect storm of Hasler, castle, Dibb and NRL has derailed the Bulldogs.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only bit in the article that mattered is at the end lol, the bottom line is he has to do best by his family, all the rest is fluff, we both know that my friend.
Every player says all this stuff about the club they are at like all the childhood dream team fluff but money talks boxer.
Soon as he gets over to us he will be saying how much hes missed parra and how happy he is to be home.
Welcome home Dave.
Lucky for you that there isn't a interesting rating or you would have about 50 by now.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes this is true but look at how THIS season was meant to run. Remember supposedly we JUST missed out on Tedesco also. Haslers plan was this year Mbye would play hooker, we'd release Graham, Kasiano, Liccha, maybe Elliot and another; into the side came a fit Foran (joke), a rampaging Woods (a bigger joke) and an elusive Tedesco. Hasler would be a hero as the Bulldogs won a premiership.

Fuck the damage to next year. Hasler, Dibb and Castles jobs would all be safe. Funny how things didnt quite turn out that way.
The 3 amigos were punted, the NRL tricked us and most clubs by settling on a $9.4m cap instead of the $10m we had budgeted for this year and $10.5 next year.

I understand minimum wage is $85k pa (per Paul Kent tonight on NRL360). We have $800k for 30 players but minimum is $1.190M. So we cant afford to resign Morris boys or Beast or most of the other 11 who are on more than minimum wage. We need to free up more cap space. So like it or not we MUST trade AT LEAST 2 other big name contracted players to clubs that will pay close to their contracted salary. We can only choose players in form who other clubs may want,so at various times this year the club may seek to trade Mbye, Klemmer, Jackson, Foran, Woods, Liccha, Hopoate, RFM and JMK. Nobody is safe. Its a buyers market. We are at the mercy of the other 15 NRL clubs to make us an offer.

That Hasler was the main architect of this, having similarly fucked Manly after their 2011 victory with backended contracts, necessitating departures of G Stewart and Watmough, while he himself sailed merrily off to a nice big fat new deal AND recently settled a 7 figure breach of contract understanding with the Dogs on the eave of EXACTLY the same thing happening again is an UTTER DISGRACE. As Kent and Ikin said tonight..."I wouldnt be surprised if no club was ever interested in Hasler again after this mess"

HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME DIBB, CASTLE AND HASLER. DO NOT TRY TO ENTER OUR CLUB EVER AGAIN. THE DOORMEN WILL BE INSTRUCTED TO SHOW YOU THE EXIT QUICKSMART. TELL YOUR STORY WALKING!!!
Dib still on the Board of NSWRL with Dr G...hope he isn't representing the Dogs on that Board...he should be censured for derelition of Chairmanship duties. Lets hope an explanation of our true sc position is forthcoming tonight...the media scrum scrambling for information at the Club tonight will be horrendous ...probably do live crosses to interrupt the footy if they sense they can dance on our grave.

I suspect there won't be much information given and the circus to continue unfortunately.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The figure of $800k is being bandied around however I remember a few weeks ago Paul Kent said he received a text from Andrew Hill saying there was a problem but not as bad as what the media are making it out to be.

So even though Kent claims he received first hand information he's still touting this $800k figure which Andrew Hill said "it wasn't that bad".

Secondly last night when Ben Ikin was saying surely Des doesn't get another job because of his history with ssalary caps at Manly and Bulldogs, he doesn't get another job. Kent pipes up with Hasler wasn't the only one to blame, that the blame should be shared by Dib and Castle.

Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

Kent is making up shit about us to protect his mate Hasler.

Don't forget the Hopoate, Tolman, and Elliot extensions were done before Dib started to step in and take reigns off of Castle and Hasler.

Castle was Hasler's "yes man" and did whatever Hasler wanted. The majority of the blame falls on that idiot Hasler.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe now that knights signed glasby the storm might want tolman back?
Thats one contracted player we could sell

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe now that knights signed glasby the storm might want tolman back?
Thats one contracted player we could sell
Tolman's injury has made this situation a lot worse as well he was off to the Sharks before it happened and they were paying for the majority of his contract.

With the interchange going down hopefully some teams rekindle some interest in him again.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman's injury has made this situation a lot worse as well he was off to the Sharks before it happened and they were paying for the majority of his contract.

With the interchange going down hopefully some teams rekindle some interest in him again.
Yes, good observation.

At the end of the day, we could just suffer next year, and not have a full squad .. if that’s possible?

Or.. get Moses and Kieran to re-negotiate a lower contract but longer tenor. Moses has a rumoured 1.9m over 2 years. Why don’t we make it 1.9m over 4 years? Or juice it up for 2.8m over 4 years and in effect re back end his contract?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It makes your blood boil when you read between the lines, the fact this piece of shit got a pay out from us is infuriating, but the mess would never of happened if Dib and raylene didn’t orchestrate the deal. Things were great under Greenberg he would never of let this happen.
Just remember we will always have one on Hasler from the grand final in the 90s against manly! He cried at the end and no matter what happens he will always be the loser

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The figure of $800k is being bandied around however I remember a few weeks ago Paul Kent said he received a text from Andrew Hill saying there was a problem but not as bad as what the media are making it out to be.

So even though Kent claims he received first hand information he's still touting this $800k figure which Andrew Hill said "it wasn't that bad".

Secondly last night when Ben Ikin was saying surely Des doesn't get another job because of his history with ssalary caps at Manly and Bulldogs, he doesn't get another job. Kent pipes up with Hasler wasn't the only one to blame, that the blame should be shared by Dib and Castle.

Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

Kent is making up shit about us to protect his mate Hasler.

Don't forget the Hopoate, Tolman, and Elliot extensions were done before Dib started to step in and take reigns off of Castle and Hasler.

Castle was Hasler's "yes man" and did whatever Hasler wanted. The majority of the blame falls on that idiot Hasler.
This ^^^ It was very suspicious when Tolman was signed on that big deal it was around the time all the rumour pages had Hasler losing his job, there’s no way any other coscj would sign tolAn for 4 years ! He just tackles he’s an honest player yeah but hasler secretly plotted this I bet my bottom dollar

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, good observation.

At the end of the day, we could just suffer next year, and not have a full squad .. if that’s possible?

Or.. get Moses and Kieran to re-negotiate a lower contract but longer tenor. Moses has a rumoured 1.9m over 2 years. Why don’t we make it 1.9m over 4 years? Or juice it up for 2.8m over 4 years and in effect re back end his contract?
I know you have to have 30 players in the squad by June 30th.

I have no idea if the NRL allows anyone to re-negotiate contracts? After salary cap rorts they don't allow it.

I just had a little dig around and found that we actually have 23 players contracted for next year so its not as bad as being reported.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I know you have to have 30 players in the squad by June 30th.

I have no idea if the NRL allows anyone to re-negotiate contracts? After salary cap rorts they don't allow it.

I just had a little dig around and found that we actually have 23 players contracted for next year so its not as bad as being reported.
Can you pls list them Spoonman...it could be very revealing and stop any unnecessary panic with supporters. Does that therefore mean $800,000 for 7 players ? No where near as bad.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not good...but not as bad :grinning:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you pls list them Spoonman...it could be very revealing and stop any unnecessary panic with supporters. Does that therefore mean $800,000 for 7 players ? No where near as bad.
Jarred Anderson
Nu Brown
Jack Cogger
Adam Elliott
Raymond Faitala Mariner
Kieran Foran
Danny Fualao
Kerrod Holland
Will Hopaote
Josh Jackson
David Klemmer
Michael Lichaa
Moses Mbye
Marcelo Montoya
Ofahiki Ogden
Jayden Okunbor
John Olive
Remis Smith
Renouf To'Omaga
Aiden Tolman
Francis Tualau
Brendon Wakeham
Aaron Woods

That's 23 players plus we were rumoured to have signed Chris Smith from Wyong so we only need 6 players to get to 30.

Yes, we have 14 off contract but not all off contract players get re-signed.

Heres the sources I used-
https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/teams/canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs/
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/33bbb83837cfd51ef461a46db48e7a3f
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/20...-raymond-faitala-mariner-and-brandon-wakeham/

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Reports say he was seen eating a meal of satay king prawns in Tingha Palace in Parra Leagues last week with Bernie Gurr and Brad Arthur.
Apparently they were all laughing, lots of back slapping, ordered extra prawn chips im told.
Provide photographic evidence please.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Jarred Anderson
Nu Brown
Jack Cogger
Adam Elliott
Raymond Faitala Mariner
Kieran Foran
Danny Fualao
Kerrod Holland
Will Hopaote
Josh Jackson
David Klemmer
Michael Lichaa
Moses Mbye
Marcelo Montoya
Ofahiki Ogden
Jayden Okunbor
John Olive
Remis Smith
Renouf To'Omaga
Aiden Tolman
Francis Tualau
Brendon Wakeham
Aaron Woods

That's 23 players plus we were rumoured to have signed Chris Smith from Wyong so we only need 6 players to get to 30.

Yes, we have 14 off contract but not all off contract players get re-signed.

Heres the sources I used-
https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/teams/canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs/
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/33bbb83837cfd51ef461a46db48e7a3f
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/20...-raymond-faitala-mariner-and-brandon-wakeham/
8? Of those guys in ISP currently so if some step up to NRL, we have to replace them from within or recruit promising youngsters. And we have Chris Smith.

That is not as dire as Kent is telling everybody!

We can field a team at least.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
8? Of those guys in ISP currently so if some step up to NRL, we have to replace them from within or recruit promising youngsters. And we have Chris Smith.

That is not as dire as Kent is telling everybody!

We can field a team at least.
I don't think we are going to go out on a signing spree or anything like that but we don't need to sign 14 players like he is claiming.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Im hoping we can hang onto Rhyse Martin and Jack Nelson.

Status
Not open for further replies.