David Klemmer responds to Eels poaching reports and salary cap dramas at the Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
im starting to not care about the current and future mess and sort of think it was worth it. for 2 shots at a premiership under des im prepared to put up with this crap for another 2 years
Don't count 2012, that squad was Kevin Moore's. 2014 was a fluke and all those other years were a waste of time....Des just left us with a mess and left.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty simple...those who are off contract next year do not figure in whatever cap space we have. Any money that we would theoretically have to spend based on their current wages has already been given to other players in the form of back ended payments. Every single first grade contract has been back-ended and the repercussions of that will be felt until they expire; our pain will be well into 2020...and beyond.We will need to rely on cap increases and shedding lower paid players unless we do shop some higher wage players around but will then have to more than likely pay part of their wages until their current deals expire.....

Whoever orchestrated this has been negligent to the nth degree. Their supposed brain wave was for the benefit of keeping the squad together with the intention of a few quick premierships...that did not work thus we are stuck with the consequences of an unbalanced roster that has not come through with the big prize...and unfortunately the big prize will more than likely evade us for many years to come. Meanwhile we lose some players and are unable to sign anyone of note. Let's hope our juniors can come through and a few fringe players that we will be able to sign step up.....LET"

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/teams/canterbury-bankstown-bulldogs/

It is this dire. We need to recruit 14 players for 2019 + a further player for every player we shop around. We require $1.4M for 2019 and only have $800k available currently. This is regardless of Eastwood & the Morris twins departure. (It is already factored in). The players we recruit can only get a contract worth $100k (minimum wage) so be prepared for the dogs to field a team of juniors as early as next year. Every player in our roster will be shopped until we can procure the magic figure of $1.4M so be prepared for lots of departures. We are also locked into this loop until 2021. There should be repercussions for previous management because that is beyond incompetent. In fact if I am the NRL I would be only allowing 3 back ended contracts per club and they would also have to show the maths of the impact of their back ended contracts on future years to prove the model they are using does not put them in the position we are currently in. Des, Dib & Raelene should be banned for life by the NRL for any future involvement in rugby league as a consequence of their actions in my opinion. Its not good enough they get away scott free.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
More sabotage, to hell with the Commies and their shit.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It is this dire. We need to recruit 14 players for 2019 + a further player for every player we shop around. We require $1.4M for 2019 and only have $800k available currently. This is regardless of Eastwood & the Morris twins departure. (It is already factored in). The players we recruit can only get a contract worth $100k (minimum wage) so be prepared for the dogs to field a team of juniors as early as next year. Every player in our roster will be shopped until we can procure the magic figure of $1.4M so be prepared for lots of departures. We are also locked into this loop until 2021. There should be repercussions for previous management because that is beyond incompetent. In fact if I am the NRL I would be only allowing 3 back ended contracts per club and they would also have to show the maths of the impact of their back ended contracts on future years to prove the model they are using does not put them in the position we are currently in. Des, Dib & Raelene should be banned for life by the NRL for any future involvement in rugby league as a consequence of their actions in my opinion. Its not good enough they get away scott free.
Adam Elliot and Kerrod Holland - give them both away.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone is trying to plant a seed with the Parra rumor.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It was always BS and a shit article. As if we would want to get rid of Klemmer, our best player, however much cap he took up.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was always BS and a shit article. As if we would want to get rid of Klemmer, our best player, however much cap he took up.
Would depend how heavily his contract is back ended . If Tolmans Is 800k backended you would think the way they operated Klemmers would be $1m plus backended

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
yeah sure, give away our ONLY two potential young guns.
Elliot a potential gun?

Snot just came out of my nose because of how hard I just laughed!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's gone mate, laughing all the way to the bank, never to coach an NRL team again.

Sucked in.
If there’s one thing to be gained from the hasler/dib era, it’s that they’re reputations are fucked and we’ve ended both their careers.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Are we better off just gutting our roster? Don't think players left will be happy knowing there mates at the club have been shafted and will continue to be shafted so Klemmers best mate can come on a big money deal. What sort of culture are we building with the players left?

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more I read about this the more I think its true especially when the club dosen't come out and deny it also if the players touted to get pushed out don't no nothing I think its a pretty bad practice.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Paul Kent talking about dogs and klemmer again... swear that **** is just pumping air into at as he wants him at his eels

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we not re nogotiate some deals ie extend and spread the so called ‘back end’? As in example Player A has one year remaining at 750k can we extend and re nogotiate that they stay another year for $250k and then re negotiate at $500k over 2 years??
My question also is of our former Chairman who felt he was our ‘uncle nick’ yet we haven’t heard of any third party deals??

Status
Not open for further replies.