Social Media David Fifita

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone that sits on his hands all day
If that’s the case, then we have more problems than just Pay as head coach.
This club need a complete review at the end of the year, especially with the way Castle/Dib & Hasler left us in this mess.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With reports Brisbane will struggle to retain Fifita due to salary cap, and the Titans big offer in the table, and he is unlikely to move to Sydney no matter what we offer him, maybe we need to approach the Broncos to ‘help’ them free up some cash. If they keep Fifita with the extra money they get back because we take a couple of players off their hands, and if we ended up with 2 quality players I think that’s a fair outcome for us? If we managed to pick up a 2 signing combo of Staggs, Flegler, Coates, Arthurs or Carrigan then I think it would be worth helping the Broncs out.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
With reports Brisbane will struggle to retain Fifita due to salary cap, and the Titans big offer in the table, and he is unlikely to move to Sydney no matter what we offer him, maybe we need to approach the Broncos to ‘help’ them free up some cash. If they keep Fifita with the extra money they get back because we take a couple of players off their hands, and if we ended up with 2 quality players I think that’s a fair outcome for us? If we managed to pick up a 2 signing combo of Staggs, Flegler, Coates, Arthurs or Carrigan then I think it would be worth helping the Broncs out.
Totally agree

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Brisbane are almost conceding that they can't match bigger offers, then surely the club makes an offer for Fifita.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Brisbane are almost conceding that they can't match bigger offers, then surely the club makes an offer for Fifita.
Pretty sure he doesn’t wanna leave up north and with $1mill to live on gc or $1.1 to live in belmore i know what id be doing lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pretty sure he doesn’t wanna leave up north and with $1mill to live on gc or $1.1 to live in belmore i know what id be doing lol
True. But they've got to at least try. I'd gladly take Bateman. But that rumour has gone quiet for a while.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
brisbane will try and move on milford they want him gone, use his boyds birds money to keep fafita and retain a few other players over 2.6 million freed up with milfords money added

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didn’t Souths offer 1.2mil early this year. He knocked that back, we’re no chance

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t Souths offer 1.2mil early this year. He knocked that back, we’re no chance
The roosters are also reportedly after him.....honestly just make a huge bid for him....this guy will be something special....it’s all crap he doesn’t want to come to Sydney....has he ever said that? Money talks loud,!...he is the difference that we need in our forwards

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are our recruitment team going to offer though? Titans are offering a million a year and he’s from the Gold Coast so that’s already going to have more appeal then us. We would have to blow that offer out of the water and it would ruin our cap paying north of $1.2 million for him.
Why would it ruin our cap ? We can afford him bro and sign a decent hooker and some outside backs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why would it ruin our cap ? We can afford him bro and sign a decent hooker and some outside backs
I can’t see us getting him unless we offer him some absolutely ridiculous deal north of $1.3 million and even then I doubt he will accept that. Having any player outside of the spine on that type of money will ruin our cap very quickly.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He'll either stay in Brisbane or go to the tits for a massive pay day.

Meninga has come out and said they'll pay over 1.5 million a year for him, which is f***ing nuts

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Xavier Coates and staggs would be brilliant signings but the fact is we need a proper spine if we are going to be competitive outside backs won’t win you games if you still have Lewis running around putting up Bombs

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fifita will go to the Rorters on $350,000 because Trent is the nicest bloke in the world and he wants to be in a competitive team winning Premierships. Uncle Nick will also buy his Mum a new Minivan