Cronk, can we...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran averages 4-5 kicks per game. Even while he was playing for Manly he averaged 4-5 kicks per game. Cronk averages 15-16 kicks per game.

I wouldn't rely on Foran for his kicking.
But if you have more than 1 kicker in your side is it that surprising? if he can kick 5 he can kick 15 as long as they are not the rubbish kicks that JR and MM put up I'll be happy with that. Assuming Frawley comes into the 7 now we will have 2 good kickers in the halves.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Storm's winning try was Cronk drawing defenders and setting up a line break then chasing it and backing it up to score.
Look he's a great player but fair dinkum he got the pass he passed the ball and he followed up - hardly career defining play. If he didn't do that he would be hooked.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Look he's a great player but fair dinkum he got the pass he passed the ball and he followed up - hardly career defining play. If he didn't do that he would be hooked.
Don't bother bro lol

Going to be a long few years for them when Foran signing becomes official

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Foran and Cronk were the same age. I would say we would be chasing Cronk. However, this isn't the case. Foran is younger, worked with Hasler and won a premiership. When he signs with us, I cannot wait what he and Mbye can do in the halves.
Totally agree with the above comments.

Not doubting Cronk can't play on for a season or 2 but tbh I do think he will be unlikely to play on. At least we will have Foran for a few years.

In saying that, I do believe that if we haven't signed a high profile FB by the end of the year we would be in the best position to attract Cronk, if he can play alongside Foran. It will probably be a 1 year only contract - maybe with an option in his favour and would actually be at a surprisingly good price for us as he will be allowed to meet all of his Fox committments.

I believe this due to the way the player market has so far played out and other teams current rosters. Premiership success and not money will be the main motivation - with these two in the halves we would be near favourites.

If the above happens it will be a late season or end of season development.

N

Natboy

I'd love Cronk or Thurston at halfback but probably more chance of Usain Bolt being our rockstar fullback

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why if we are getting foran
Why not

Imagin

1 hayne
6 foran
7 cronk
9 mbye

Let frawley smell cronks armpits for 2 more years- hopefully some of his experience will rub on ready to step in when he retires

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Why not

Imagin

1 hayne
6 foran
7 cronk
9 mbye

Let frawley smell cronks armpits for 2 more years- hopefully some of his experience will rub on ready to step in when he retires
Lol keep dreaming

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cronk is all class, if he did join a Sydney club, you'd here about it once and it would be a done deal.

I think it's a stretch with Foran coming over and we should spend the money where we need it (fullback)

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not

Imagin

1 hayne
6 foran
7 cronk
9 mbye

I wouldn't be surprised for the following reasons, most of the time when players want to retire they would say when they call television conference 'I will be retiring, or this is my last season, or this club has given me everything and I've achieved all I want! Not in the case with Cronk, also we are led to believe he doesn't like being centre of attention, so if he was going to retire he would have already said it!

My other point is Hasler has the same manager as Cronk, knowing hasler who stated cronk will retire (he was specifically asked this question because he shares the same manager, no other reason, inside info) is not going to give anything away if he knows from the manager cronk doesn't want to retire, what he will do, and he does this better than anyone, is deny he knows anything and will not give any other club information about cronk wanting to play or not! So don't be surprised if cronk is wearing the blue and white next season with Foran in the same colours!

Last edited:

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more it makes sense.

We should move heaven and earth to sign him.

Give him 2 years to play and let him become a halves trainer like Ennis is now with the Sharks

Make him a bulldog!

he could be a future coach. He would be great for us in all facets he would straighten our attack kicking game is excellent and his halves partner mybe or whoever will learn of him.

JUST DO ITTT!!!!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If people think we will sign Foran and Cronk, they are dreaming.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I know we wouldn't get both I'd prefer Cronk over Foran, what do you think?
Definitely Foran.

Cronk is too old man, and his form is way down and Foran is playing some of his best footy I have seen.

We could get 5 years out of Foran, we would be extremely lucky to get 2 out of Cronk.

I personally think Cronk will retire.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Definitely Foran.

Cronk is too old man, and his form is way down and Foran is playing some of his best footy I have seen.

We could get 5 years out of Foran, we would be extremely lucky to get 2 out of Cronk.

I personally think Cronk will retire.
Yeah I see your point with age..

But I think Cronk would relish the challenge and the expectation a lot more than what Foran could just based on the last 2 years.

It's a good debate because you can mount a strong case for both.. I just feel that Cronk would come here with good intentions whereas Foran is still a bit of an unknown due to his unfortunate circumstances.

Probably get neither lol

It's looks likely we will get Foran but who knows.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
We would be lucky to get one of them .

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd go Foran and Frawley
The f squared combo
Got a nice ring to it

Cronk been average for 18 months now in my books

doggieaaron