Cronk, can we...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched the entire game. Foran was first receiver and ran the initial line straightening the attack before passing to Johnson who mirrored him on both tries. Foran ran to the line before he passed. You need to watch again.
Just watched it 5 times. The first try he ran at the defenders and drew then in but the pass went to Johnson who drew the wide defenders which allowed the centre to draw winger and centre. Foran's move only would have assisted if Johnson stepped inside and scored. The defenders who tackled Foran had no influence on the try scoring position.

The second try he ran an angle then passed it early. Both plays were simple plays that every half does every game. Reynolds and Mbye do the exact same thing every game.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you don't believe me, watch the Bulldogs Tigers replay. Mitchell Moses does it. James Tedesco does it. Bulldogs first try Mbye does it, Eastwood does it, Josh Jackson does it.

It's a basic play.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cronk wasn't good either. Seems off the pace the last few weeks
Yep. He definitely isn't what he used to be. He set himself up for a good try this week but he's been well below average lately.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Just watched it 5 times. The first try he ran at the defenders and drew then in but the pass went to Johnson who drew the wide defenders which allowed the centre to draw winger and centre. Foran's move only would have assisted if Johnson stepped inside and scored. The defenders who tackled Foran had no influence on the try scoring position.

The second try he ran an angle then passed it early. Both plays were simple plays that every half does every game. Reynolds and Mbye do the exact same thing every game.
The point is he straightens the attack and has influence on Johnson to also straighten his attack.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
If you don't believe me, watch the Bulldogs Tigers replay. Mitchell Moses does it. James Tedesco does it. Bulldogs first try Mbye does it, Eastwood does it, Josh Jackson does it.

It's a basic play.
Going round in circles. I think he's had a great influence on the warriors

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF?

Cooper Cronk is a super star and would do any club a HUGE favor.
He has been in the top 5 players in the world for the past ten years, playing for Australia and an amazing QLD side for ten years and being a huge contributer to their success.
He will probably be a future immortal and still scored tonight and as always was solid in defence.
Storm won, wouldn't have without him, like 99% of their games.
Warriors were pretty decent tonight and threw a lot at them.

Foran is a good player.
Has not done nowhere near enough to EVER be compared to the greatness/legacy of Cronk. Not even in the same ball park.
Great runner, tough player but has too many demons to ever reach the same staus as the Australian no. 7 and has match fixing claims to boot.
Mbye is not even a half and lucky to be a first grader and Josh Reynolds is very, very average so of course Foran will be a big improvement to these two.
Mbye should never wear a 6 or 7 on his back again.
I would prefer Cronk over Foran and Woods together. But realistically you would think we could afford all three with the severe lack of star power in our current roster.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF?

Cooper Cronk is a super star and would do any club a HUGE favor.
He has been in the top 5 players in the world for the past ten years, playing for Australia and an amazing QLD side for ten years and being a huge contributer to their success.
He will probably be a future immortal and still scored tonight and as always was solid in defence.
Storm won, wouldn't have without him, like 99% of their games.
Warriors were pretty decent tonight and threw a lot at them.

Foran is a good player.
Has not done nowhere near enough to EVER be compared to the greatness/legacy of Cronk. Not even in the same ball park.
Great runner, tough player but has too many demons to ever reach the same staus as the Australian no. 7 and has match fixing claims to boot.
Mbye is not even a half and lucky to be a first grader and Josh Reynolds is very, very average so of course Foran will be a big improvement to these two.
Mbye should never wear a 6 or 7 on his back again.
I would prefer Cronk over Foran and Woods together. But realistically you would think we could afford all three with the severe lack of star power in our current roster.
When Foran was at manly they were a gun side with his presence.
He goes to Parra and all of a sudden they become world beaters.
Warriors looked lost and useless before foran rocks up.
When ever he puts on a kiwi jersey they are waaay more competitive.
Cronk has played in champion sides, storm, qld and Australia with all champions players around him so how the fk can ppl say he is better than Foran when there is no evidence of him playin in an average side.
Foran is so much more influential, tougher and as skillful, if not more than Cronk.
Some ***** just got no idea lol.

Last edited:

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Khan(t) you know everything.
If we asked Andrew Johns, Gus Gould, Wally Lewis, Brad Fitler etc who is a better/champion player I guarantee they'd all say Cronk.
"This Khan(t) just got no idea lol."
Is that all u got? Haha.
Is it about our opinion or their opinion?
Couldn't give a toss what the experts think, they're bloody human beings aswel and not anymore superior than anyone else.

U should try having your own an opinion u muppet.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's true. Since Kieran Foran started playing for the Warriors they've won 50% of their games. If that's not proof that Foran is the greatest ever, I don't know what is.

Reactions: DT

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's true. Since Kieran Foran started playing for the Warriors they've won 50% of their games. If that's not proof that Foran is the greatest ever, I don't know what is.
Where the fk is it mentioned greatest ever? Bunch of fkn toddlers lol.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a side with

1) Morris
6) Foran
7) Cronk
9) M'Bye
14) Reynolds or Frawley if Reynolds leaves is a massive threat

I assume Lee, Montoya, Smith, Kennar Carr, RFM, Frawley, Faulou, Abbey, Holland and Elliot aren't on much
Woods, Klemmer, Jackson, Graham and JMoz would be on a bit
If we were to offload Tolman, Eastwood and Kasiano

I don't know to be honest. I just think a halves pair of Cronk Foran would end all our problems - apart from salary cap scrutiny hahaha
Can't see Frawley as a bench player only reason he is now is we have 2 utilities in mbye and renoylds that masquerade as our halves

In saying that I could live with renoylds off the bench

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Where the fk is it mentioned greatest ever? Bunch of fkn toddlers lol.
Sorry. I thought we were playing the exaggeration game, where we massively exaggerate the players ability or their influence on the team. Like your post.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just my opinion but I don't think there is much between a fully fit Foran and Cronk. Tbh I'd take Foran, I don't think there is a half in the game that goes to the line like him consistently and that's what I like.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Foran and Cronk were the same age. I would say we would be chasing Cronk. However, this isn't the case. Foran is younger, worked with Hasler and won a premiership. When he signs with us, I cannot wait what he and Mbye can do in the halves.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
If Foran and Cronk were the same age. I would say we would be chasing Cronk. However, this isn't the case. Foran is younger, worked with Hasler and won a premiership. When he signs with us, I cannot wait what he and Mbye can do in the halves.
Thank you for the logical post. I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.