Cronk, can we...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it doesn't look likely, but with the players we have off contract, the salary cap increasing, and if the rumours are true of us shopping Eastwood, Tolman and Kasiano around, is there still room for Cronk?
I know with losing players also the problem we'll have is still having to pay 30 guys still to fill our roster.

I just think maybe... maybe we may still be sniffing around in case he likes what he sees with our next year's roster, he may take slightly less to play in a premiership contending team.

It may be "pie in the sky", but I thought I'd put it out there.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a side with

1) Morris
6) Foran
7) Cronk
9) M'Bye
14) Reynolds or Frawley if Reynolds leaves is a massive threat

I assume Lee, Montoya, Smith, Kennar Carr, RFM, Frawley, Faulou, Abbey, Holland and Elliot aren't on much
Woods, Klemmer, Jackson, Graham and JMoz would be on a bit
If we were to offload Tolman, Eastwood and Kasiano

I don't know to be honest. I just think a halves pair of Cronk Foran would end all our problems - apart from salary cap scrutiny hahaha

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it doesn't look likely, but with the players we have off contract, the salary cap increasing, and if the rumours are true of us shopping Eastwood, Tolman and Kasiano around, is there still room for Cronk?
I know with losing players also the problem we'll have is still having to pay 30 guys still to fill our roster.

I just think maybe... maybe we may still be sniffing around in case he likes what he sees with our next year's roster, he may take slightly less to play in a premiership contending team.

It may be "pie in the sky", but I thought I'd put it out there.
Honestly, what's the worst that can happen?
Hypothetically, just ditch as many players as required to get him. If we finish 13th, does that really change anything compared to how we are going now? Who knows, maybe it will work out well. Regardless, where we are now is not looking like changing unless there are drastic changes

Reactions: DT

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think a side with

1) Morris
6) Foran
7) Cronk
9) M'Bye
14) Reynolds or Frawley if Reynolds leaves is a massive threat

I assume Lee, Montoya, Smith, Kennar Carr, RFM, Frawley, Faulou, Abbey, Holland and Elliot aren't on much
Woods, Klemmer, Jackson, Graham and JMoz would be on a bit
If we were to offload Tolman, Eastwood and Kasiano

I don't know to be honest. I just think a halves pair of Cronk Foran would end all our problems - apart from salary cap scrutiny hahaha
Yeah I fully agree, it will leave a massive threat of us being deducted all competition points like 2002.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We don't need Cronk at the price he would charge for only a year when we have Foran at less price, younger age and just as if not more skilful. Look at how foran is going tonight again.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I fully agree, it will leave a massive threat of us being deducted all competition points like 2002.
Point taken....
Then again, the press are loving the story that Tedesco is playing for peanuts at the Roosters. Funny though how they bump up reported salaries for Dogs players or potential players

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don't need Cronk at the price he would charge for only a year when we have Foran at less price, younger age and just as if not more skilful. Look at how foran is going tonight again.
Do you think Foran is all we need added to our back line, or do you believe we need more strengthening also?
I'm unsure

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know if it's a matter of the cap, more if he wants to play against the storm or play on at all. Personally I don't think he does.

Reactions: DT

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also think no Sydney team with a realistic chance of winning the comp can either a) afford him or b) need a halfback, which is why I still think unless he retires, we may still be "sniffing" around

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you think Foran is all we need added to our back line, or do you believe we need more strengthening also?
I'm unsure
Good question. Can Frawley do the job at 7? Should Foran be 7 and Reynolds 6? I think Reynolds plays much better when he has a good 7 inside him so depending on $$ I would keep him with Foran. If not then it is Frawley/Foran or perhaps even Foran/Mbye. The good news is that we should at least have options next year. I've got to say that despite the personality issues at the GC, Hayne just looks so good on the footy field and if we were to snare him with the quality of ball he could throw to our outside backs we would be near unstoppable. There just aren't many footballers with his vision, speed, strength and step. The other thing to think about is whether we should get rid of most of our front rowers and completely change our playing style. It has to come eventually as they are all getting older and slower.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good question. Can Frawley do the job at 7? Should Foran be 7 and Reynolds 6? I think Reynolds plays much better when he has a good 7 inside him so depending on $$ I would keep him with Foran. If not then it is Frawley/Foran or perhaps even Foran/Mbye. The good news is that we should at least have options next year. I've got to say that despite the personality issues at the GC, Hayne just looks so good on the footy field and if we were to snare him with the quality of ball he could throw to our outside backs we would be near unstoppable. There just aren't many footballers with his vision, speed, strength and step. The other thing to think about is whether we should get rid of most of our front rowers and completely change our playing style. It has to come eventually as they are all getting older and slower.
I think Foran is a big enough risk (worth taking though) mentally to entertain the thought of a bigger mental risk of Hayne. I agree fully, Hayne on his day is unstoppable, but he does come across like he thinks he's bigger than any club he's at. At least Foran doesn't portray that.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
We need Foran and some quick backs plus our promised rockstar 1

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran more skill than Cronk?

Did you see Cronk leave Foran for dead when Cronk scored the try? Foran looked like he was running in quicksand

Foran has done SFA tonight, has been a passenger

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Our club is incapable to sign a quality player other than props

For get it

Put your faith in Frawley and Reynolds

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran has been junk.

If you are currently watching the game with both your eyes open and have an idea of how a halfback plays and organises his side, you would realise that you are watching the Master (Cronk) against the side kick (Foran).

Cronk looks and plays like a 28 year old while Foran looks like he is about to hit retirement.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going?

Just like last week, missing in action. He has lost it and has a non-existent kicking game. Foran is a 6 & not a 7

He has been schooled by Cronk tonight.

Give me Cronk anyday of the week!

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should give up on the idea on Cronk. Des wants Foran like an obsessive ex wants their old partner back.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran more skill than Cronk?

Did you see Cronk leave Foran for dead when Cronk scored the try? Foran looked like he was running in quicksand

Foran has done SFA tonight, has been a passenger
Yes I did but he does have a hamstring problem so I wouldn't read too much into it. Foran has been the reason why they have played so well. He goes to the line, straightens the attack, kicks higher and further than Cronk and gives Johnson time to do what he does best. If he does that for us and only being 26 instead of 33, he would do me.

Status
Not open for further replies.