Cricket: West Indies & Pakistan in Australia Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
i bet you he prob wont make a hundred in NZ. The pitches over there are all over the place. Lol the series between NZ and Pakistan was amazing. Lol if you scored 200 that was awesome

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Katman gets his ninth test hundred
Ponting out for 89

Ponting declares leading by 438

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NZ wickets are a mixed bag.

There is talk of Australia looking to blood that 20 year old batting/spinning allrounder, I think this is the series to do it.

North offers nothing to the team batting at number 6, he is no allrounder - infact I think he is a sh*tc*nt. Stands too deep in the slip cord (prob doing what he is told tho) and looks to have little confidence with the bat (as you prob would with so much pressure on you). He certainly hasn't earned his keep this series.

I say dump him and get that spinning alrounder which people like Benaud rate if they are thinking of taking him to the Ashes next season.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
agreed whole heartedly, esp with North. The batting all rounder is the young NSWmen named Steven Smith. Pretty much has a similar style to Warne, although what worries me is that he avg's something like 45 per wicket in the long version of the game. Very handy one day and twenty20 player though.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep that's him.

I saw Warne work with him in the nets during the WI series so hopefully his spinning will improve in leaps and bounds.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few changes in the party that tours NZ, with a few players rested etc. I understand Mitchell Johnson is being rested for the upcoming One Day series. If you can rememeber before the World Cup there was an absolute cracker one day series here where every score was over 300 and every game was almost a last ball to win it series so will be great entertainment.

As for what bowlers would do well in NZ conditions, I think someone like Siddle is going to struggle bigtime. Hilfenhaus and Watson are going to prosper bigtime and I think Bollinger would also do well.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
hilfy will struggle to make the tour. He was given bad news today that he isnt allowed to bowl for another month.

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How unlucky is peter siddle?
He beats the bat more times in an innings than mitch johnson has done in his career.
He also always seems to be the bowler who is let down by poor fielding.

I like the bloke because he always competes at 100% and he is due his fair slice of luck.
He is also the only player under 26yo in the side at the moment.

The sooner Hughes is back in the better for mine, and I am in favour of getting Smith in sooner rather than later as well. The side needs an injection of youth to establish and maintain momentum for the next ashes series.

I also agree with Hansta, Brad Hodge should have been a long time test player. There are others with similar tales over the years such as Jamie Siddons and Darren Lehmann.
Lehmann finally began to get selected in the twilight of his career when in reality he was
one of the top 2 or 3 bats in the country for over a decade, as has been Hodge.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
well done australia for wrapping up the test match after lunch. Hauritz is gaining in confidence also as for the first time he used the doosra, although it looked more like a top spinner imo. The wicket to get manzoor out was a beauty :grinning:

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Steven Smith is smashing tons in grade cricket - the week before he hit 200 and the weekend past he hit 130 odd. He has batting talent but continually needs to improve his leggies.

With the help of Warnie and Terry Jenner, he will improve significantly. He needs more four day cricket experience.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
dan christian couldnt hold a spot in the NSW team when half were off on aus duty. Same goes for o'brien and krezja

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Krezja still has potential i think he is much better than Hauritz as an all round cricketer.

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
sydney grade is meant to be the best grade comp in the world and look at the blue thornley has been struggling to get a game

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
The top grade teams of our country would give most state and provincial sides around the world a run for their money. Esp against the country leagues and indian ones.

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
The selectors seem to forget that Shane Warne didn't have the best first class record when he made his debut in 1991.

In fact, at one stage in his career, Warney's average, after his 4th test was 347. Before his 7/52 against WI in 1992 it was still over 100.

This is why they should've persisted with Krezja and should throw Smith into the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.