Cricket: West Indies & Pakistan in Australia Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
how many grade tons or wickets have you notched up?
Sigh, no **** you need to be good to play it. My point is from State and Country to Grade it does not compare. Bowlers can score 100's

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sigh, no **** you need to be good to play it. My point is from State and Country to Grade it does not compare. Bowlers can score 100's
sigh, well why make an imbecilic comment then?

anybody that plays first grade cricket in Australia is a bloody good player
and I can assure you that centuries are hard earned no matter what level of the game they are achieved.

Smith is a bloody talented young bloke who may or may not end up a champion.
point is the Aussie cricket side needs an injection of youth, and why not give the bloke a go? it isnt as if the bloke currently occupying the position is setting the world on fire is it? Plus Smith bowls leggies, obviously not at Warnes standards but however...
.....sigh

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
why drop hauritz when he is performing? Hauritz is only 28, not like he is 35. Australia will continue with Hauritz and rightly so. Too much chopping and changing, he is doing a job atm

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why drop hauritz when he is performing? Hauritz is only 28, not like he is 35. Australia will continue with Hauritz and rightly so. Too much chopping and changing, he is doing a job atm
I was talking about North.
Hauritz has done well albeit against sides that have not batted very proficiently.
How did he go in the last ashes series against blokes that can actually concentrate?

As for chopping and changing....who has been lately, apart from young Hughes who only hit 3 centuries in 5 tests?

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
if you're dropping north, pick another batsman. you have watson as an allrounder, might as well strengthen the batting lineup with another batsman

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you're dropping north, pick another batsman. you have watson as an allrounder, might as well strengthen the batting lineup with another batsman
who would you choose?
Young Smiths batting seems to outweigh his bowling at the moment,
and then there is his fielding.....superb.

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
Phil hughes would've played test cricket at 18 if he was from the sub continent. Steve Smith would be in the side right now. Siddle is the youngest bloke in the side and he's 25 or something right? Throw them in ffs. You need to think of whose going to be inthe top order once Hussey, Kato and Ponting retire which would be in the next 2-3 yrs possibly.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Smith has to be blooded for several reasons.

- He will get a look in for the Ashes, perfect step up from domestic duty with the tour to NZ
- Its a joke their youngest player is 26, they need some fresh faces in there. Send Hughes to NZ aswell.
- I don't rate Hauritz at all. I know he has had a good series but I think if he fails at least once the selectors are going to drop him and I'm pretty sure he knows that. Harsh but look what happened to Krezja.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
smith should be blooded in the one day team first IMO.

BTW Afridi is just in, look out!!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
looks like pakistan will surprise everyone and win tonight

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
cameron white is fast becoming one of australia's main weapons. He has matured so much in the last 3 series.

Difference was australia looked for singles. Pakistan didnt

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
watson has started well. 3 fours in the first 1.5 overs

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Aussies romp home.

Opening spells by Bollinger and Siddle were outstanding.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thoughts from the series so far:

Is Shaun Marsh a regular in the top order ? Last time I watched an Aus One Dayer Haddin was opening.
I wonder if a team is ever going to experiment with having two guns opening the batting, at the moment everyone is opting for the one striker and one accumulator opening pair. NZ have done it with success with McCullum and Ryder, I can't see why Australia doesn't try it in this dead rubber of a game on Tuesday.
You could see Watson was dying to get to the other end and Marsh but blocked out 4 balls in a row, you feel the momentum was a little lost and Watson lost his composure a bit.

If any team can pull off the dual hitting role, I would say it would be Australia. I say get Haddin to open with Watson for the lulz.

McKay looks average, sure he has got some wickets but a lot of these have been caught off wide and short deliveries.

Bollinger has been outstanding since he has come into this side.

Is Bracken's career over ? Surely Siddle, Bollinger, Johnson and Watson will soon be proven to be the premier one day bowlers, and Bracken is older than all of them.

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
Cameron white is a machine he is on his way to a champion. How good is he. Only can get better!

Also nice attacking bowling by aust

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Thoughts from the series so far:

Is Shaun Marsh a regular in the top order ? Last time I watched an Aus One Dayer Haddin was opening.
I wonder if a team is ever going to experiment with having two guns opening the batting, at the moment everyone is opting for the one striker and one accumulator opening pair. NZ have done it with success with McCullum and Ryder, I can't see why Australia doesn't try it in this dead rubber of a game on Tuesday.
You could see Watson was dying to get to the other end and Marsh but blocked out 4 balls in a row, you feel the momentum was a little lost and Watson lost his composure a bit.

If any team can pull off the dual hitting role, I would say it would be Australia. I say get Haddin to open with Watson for the lulz.

McKay looks average, sure he has got some wickets but a lot of these have been caught off wide and short deliveries.

Bollinger has been outstanding since he has come into this side.

Is Bracken's career over ? Surely Siddle, Bollinger, Johnson and Watson will soon be proven to be the premier one day bowlers, and Bracken is older than all of them.
marsh was the opener until his injury. Give him some time. He will find form again. Just a week ago he knocked a century in the twenty20 version against NSW.

Bracken hasnt played a game since surgery. His first game will be a domestic one dayer coming up for NSW. McKay wont cement a spot. Johnson will be back. Bracken and Lee will def be in contention for spots also.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i really like mckay he can keep the runs down and gets big wickets at key times e.g. umar akmal game 1

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
are west indies coming back for their own 1 day series?

woot woot if so

Status
Not open for further replies.