Cricket 2022/23 thread

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has been potentially one of our best for a few years now but hasn't been seen due to injury and nearly every cricket commentator has said he's a future Test Captain.

If you believe there are better options, names please.
Well currently he’s what 22-23 and PC is what 28. They won’t give it to Green for a long time to come if they do but say Pat is 35 when he retires you would imagine in 7 years other candidates have arrived on the scene and because of workload (batting/bowling)Green will be a last resort. Currently Marnus and Head I’d have way before Cam.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well currently he’s what 22-23 and PC is what 28. They won’t give it to Green for a long time to come if they do but say Pat is 35 when he retires you would imagine in 7 years other candidates have arrived on the scene and because of workload (batting/bowling)Green will be a last resort. Currently Marnus and Head I’d have way before Cam.
Well PC is and will be captain for the time being but he's injury prone, has lost his good boy image by showing he's a hypocrite with certain cricket sponsors. He lost a lot of people on that front, they've allowed former captain, Steve Smith to fill the void for the games he has missed.

Travis Head would be the logical choice but he's 29 so he wouldn't be captain for long and Marnus is best left to play his natural game and not a captain IMO. Great batsman and part time spinner but he doesn't have the temperament to be captain and he's 28 as well.

Cameron Green is 23 and wouldn't be the youngest Test captain if he were to be selected. Ian Craig from the '50's was and still is the youngest Australian Test captain appointed at the age of 22.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well PC is and will be captain for the time being but he's injury prone, has lost his good boy image by showing he's a hypocrite with certain cricket sponsors. He lost a lot of people on that front, they've allowed former captain, Steve Smith to fill the void for the games he has missed.

Travis Head would be the logical choice but he's 29 so he wouldn't be captain for long and Marnus is best left to play his natural game and not a captain IMO. Great batsman and part time spinner but he doesn't have the temperament to be captain and he's 28 as well.

Cameron Green is 23 and wouldn't be the youngest Test captain if he were to be selected. Ian Craig from the '50's was and still is the youngest Australian Test captain appointed at the age of 22.
Thanks for the history lesson.

You are forgetting people that will come onto the test scene between now and then. Teams change and its Interesting you say PC is injury prone but don’t look at Cams injury history.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the history lesson.

You are forgetting people that will come onto the test scene between now and then. Teams change and its Interesting you say PC is injury prone but don’t look at Cams injury history.
LOL! "Well currently he’s what 22-23 and PC is what 28. They won’t give it to Green for a long time to come".

Followed by "You are forgetting people that will come onto the test scene between now and then".

So Green was too young to be captain but now I'm forgetting people that will come onto the test scene between now and then.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pat Cummins has been out of the Test squad on a number of occasions, had his Test career stalled for years and has been out on and off with Smith acting as captain.

Green has had one long term finger/hand injury that kept him out of the team for nowhere near as long or as often as PC has been.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL! "Well currently he’s what 22-23 and PC is what 28. They won’t give it to Green for a long time to come".

Followed by "You are forgetting people that will come onto the test scene between now and then".

So Green was too young to be captain but now I'm forgetting people that will come onto the test scene between now and then.
FMD I’ve already said he will struggle to get it due to work load as an all rounder. Add in the fact PC has a while to go yet and in that timeframe people will jump out of the woodwork. I’m sure you will still struggle to understand that

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pat Cummins has been out of the Test squad on a number of occasions, had his Test career stalled for years and has been out on and off with Smith acting as captain.

Green has had one long term finger/hand injury that kept him out of the team for nowhere near as long or as often as PC has been.
Clearly you do not understand what Cam Green has over come injury wise on his journey to be in the test team

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I think you must have me confused with someone else. I’m new here. But I don’t mind a punt, so if you’d like to propose a wager, I’m all ears (or eyes).
Sure. If Travis Head doesn't average greater than 60 in the upcoming Ashes, you get a sig for the next footie season of my choice. It will involve a salami type and a sex organ of some sort. And vice verse if he does. You in?

2099Premiers

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sure. If Travis Head doesn't average greater than 60 in the upcoming Ashes, you get a sig for the next footie season of my choice. It will involve a salami type and a sex organ of some sort. And vice verse if he does. You in?
Doesn’t sound like my kind of bet, to be honest. I’m not mad. Bump that average down to 40 and I’m willing to make a sporting bet.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD I’ve already said he will struggle to get it due to work load as an all rounder. Add in the fact PC has a while to go yet and in that timeframe people will jump out of the woodwork. I’m sure you will still struggle to understand that
Gee you're touchy when I simply pulled you up for contradicting yourself. I understand a lot more than you do.

Nearly every cricket commentator has him as a future Test Captain.

PC is a vital player in the side, but he no longer has the following or support he once did from fans nor the players as captain of the side due to his views outside of cricket being made public. Total hypocrite.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gee you're touchy when I simply pulled you up for contradicting yourself. I understand a lot more than you do.

Nearly every cricket commentator has him as a future Test Captain.

PC is a vital player in the side, but he no longer has the following or support he once did from fans nor the players as captain of the side due to his views outside of cricket being made public. Total hypocrite.

Touchy? I just think you’re full of shit. And clearly you don’t understand much if you think he’s only had a finger injury. But hang on you know more then me because Crash Craddock says he’s a future Oz captain recently and you put that down as nearly every commentator.

And please show examples of where the players have turned on PC as captain due to his views Or is this another made up view of yours to show you know more then everyone?

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Touchy? I just think you’re full of shit. And clearly you don’t understand much if you think he’s only had a finger injury. But hang on you know more then me because Crash Craddock says he’s a future Oz captain recently and you put that down as nearly every commentator.

And please show examples of where the players have turned on PC as captain due to his views Or is this another made up view of yours to show you know more then everyone?
No, you're just upset because I corrected you for posting contradicting posts. You don't know if you're Arthur or Martha and then go off on another rant.

Obviously, you don't watch a lot of cricket as I've heard many commentators from last summer state exactly that Green is a future Test Captain in waiting. Even blind Freddie can see it but you want to argue a point on "how many" commentators have said that. How juvenile!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No, you're just upset because I corrected you for posting contradicting posts. You don't know if you're Arthur or Martha and then go off on another rant.

Obviously, you don't watch a lot of cricket as I've heard many commentators from last summer state exactly that Green is a future Test Captain in waiting. Even blind Freddie can see it but you want to argue a point on "how many" commentators have said that. How juvenile!
Ok

So you make a claim that most commentators are saying he’s a future captain yet don’t back it up with who just like your PC comments. You’re clearly lacking in substance but you keep going on like your wisden the voice of cricket. Can see why @Doogie enjoys his back and forth with you.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Ok

So you make a claim that most commentators are saying he’s a future captain yet don’t back it up with who just like your PC comments. You’re clearly lacking in substance but you keep going on like your wisden the voice of cricket. Can see why @Doogie enjoys his back and forth with you.
Its not enjoyable. Its a community service.